Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

About to quit.

JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
In a nutshell:

- Exported save to MacBook to run overnight as had to turn PC off.
- Imported save back to PC in the morning.
- CPS halved - no obvious reason. Had c.24 Oct, now down to 12 Oct.

Still have exported save but slightly pissed off at the thought of losing two years' game play. Maybe time to walk away if can't resolve.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    That's weird. Exactly halved?

Surely you must be able to find some feature/upgrade that has gone missing, which would explain the loss? Some people have reported spirits becoming unslotted in the pantheon when they close down and restart the game. I've found that it's possible for a slot to be empty even though it appears to be filled. A couple of times I have seen the Jeremy image in the Jade slot, but if I hovered over it the image did not jump up and down, and the popup said "Slot empty". Mokalsium can easily make a difference of a factor of 2. Check your pantheon. That's the only thing I can think of.

If that fails, surely you must have posted one of your game codes to the site at some stage? It won't contain recent production, but it wouldn't be as bad as losing two years' worth.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    edited July 29

I've found that it's possible for a slot to be empty even though it appears to be filled.

Bingo - that's it. They all appeared to be there so I unslotted and reslotted them and the CPS came back. Nice one, cheers.

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    What you thought was a spirit, was only the ghost of a spirit.