Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Besides Spontanious Edifice, why lv up wizard towers?

FaeittyFaeitty Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
From what I've seen, the magic used to cast a spell grows with how much mana you have, so why bother? If I'm at level 1 or level 7, I can still only cast about 2 spells before I'm done. Does magic cost stop growing at some point?
Tagged:

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    I believe that, because the magic meter refills faster the higher it is, even though spells cost more the more magic you have, it actually refills faster the more magic overall you have. It eventually slows down, however.

So there's a reason to want to have more magic, and leveling up towers gives you that without having to buy (many) more towers.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 29
    It can allow you to cast Spontaneous Edifice, since that has a minimum cost of 100.

I forgot the title by the time I got down this far in the thread.
    Post edited by Billabo on
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even want to level up my towers, since more expensive spells means more time to regen. I guess that's something Orteil could look into, because not wanting to leveling up your towers is the opposite of what you'd ideally want for your gameplay.
    Also who the fuck uses Spontaneous Edifice anyways, it has the lamest effect ouf of all of them and somehow is the most expensive. The only ones you need are Conjure Backed Goods and Force Hand of Fate.
    image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
  • TsurasaTsurasa Member Posts: 1
    Diminishing Ineptitude would seem to be at least a theoretical answer. Its cost starts at 20 mana, but the description says it'll take 15% of your maximum mana eventually, making it possible to cast it first and two Conjure Baked Goods (which take 40%) afterwards, leaving 5% of your max mana and giving you two CBG's with a greatly decreased chance of a Clot messing things up.

A wonderful opportunity if you hate uncertainty in your odds, like yours truly, but to reach this point you'd need around 134 or so mana, and as I only have my towers up to level one, no idea whether this is even possible with the current formula for increasing mana.
  • PTpirahnaPTpirahna Member Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Gouchnox said:

I don't even want to level up my towers, since more expensive spells means more time to regen. I guess that's something Orteil could look into, because not wanting to leveling up your towers is the opposite of what you'd ideally want for your gameplay.
    Also who the fuck uses Spontaneous Edifice anyways, it has the lamest effect ouf of all of them and somehow is the most expensive. The only ones you need are Conjure Backed Goods and Force Hand of Fate.

As it turns out, "highest built building" means the one you have most of (probably cursors), so you could theoretically use it (with savescumming) to get 400 prisms.
    do you notice this text
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each level in wizard towers increases mana by some unknown amount, it doesn't increase mana regen. That comes from what your current mana to max mana ratio is like.