Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Offline production needs to be fixed

DarkmatterfireDarkmatterfire Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm sure you guys all know this already, but with the new update GC effects stay upon closing the game. At first, I just thought it was just going to act like a fail-safe if can't play CC during a clicking frenzy or something.
That would've been perfect. but right now it actually boosts offline production the entire time you're offline, meaning you can literally get an elder frenzy and go offline for 12 hours reaping all of the benefits from said elder frenzy.

It basically promotes you to get a good combo and stop playing the game for a whole day. which is very bad! because, active play isn't nearly as rewarding anymore. and it almost completely removes the need to even play actively since you get so many bonuses from not playing anyway.

So... after saying all of that, my suggestion is to keep GC effects when closed, but not apply it to offline production.

quick note: this is from the stuff i've seen through screenshots, i'm playing on a new save rn so i'm not going to be at end game anytime soon. so i'm not fully aware how all of the end game mechanics work just yet. so bear with me if it turns out active play is actually stupidly broken or something. im just stating my thoughts about the game currently. thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    I agree. I've gotten Chimera, giving me 80% production while offline for 7 days and 16 hours. Then I got Frenzy-Elder Frenzy, with enough cookies to flip the Golden Switch, and I'm not going back in for another two days (at which point I'll save as fast as possible and close the game again for another week). But I started a new game in a different browser, so it's not like I'm not playing, I'm just not playing the game where I got the insane combo.