Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Open Source?

BlepBlep Posts: 2Member
I am wondering if there is any plans for old versions of the game to go open source. I would love to be able to look at the source code and see how the game is made, and I also think that it could be a great opportunity for the community to add their own contributions to the game and to help out with the mass amount of amazing suggestions for the game.

Comments

• DarkyDarky Posts: 955Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use the Wayback machine to get to older versions of the game.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,940Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkу said:

Just use the Wayback machine to get to older versions of the game.

They don't mean looking at the older versions, I don't think. They mean making the previous versions' code open source. As the title would imply.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
  • ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    This doesn't quite answer the question either, but you can read the source code of the current version (as well as any other version that you can play, linked in the top right). Just right click, view page source, and click on main.js.

It's still not open source though. The only license text says "Feel free to alter this code to your liking, but please do not re-host it, do not profit from it and do not present it as your own."