Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Storm and Sugar Lumps

BigbyBossBigbyBoss Member Posts: 15
So this is just me not being careful. But i accidentally clicked a mature Sugar Lump during a Cookie Storm, getting me 0 Lumps for the day.

Oh well, time to wait another day, huh?

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Lesson learned: Just exploit saving in order to always successfully harvest a mature but not ripe sugar lump.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • BigbyBossBigbyBoss Member Posts: 15
    Billabo said:

Lesson learned: Just exploit saving in order to always successfully harvest a mature but not ripe sugar lump.

Oh? You mean you can just keep loading the save until you successfully harvest a mature one?
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    The cookie storm animation is jerky for me anyway, meaning that if I click on a cookie image, most of the time the cookie has already disappeared but the image has not. Hence I hardly even bother trying to "catch" cookies, but simply click all over the place at more or less random locations until the storm is over. One location is just as likely to deliver a cookie as another, therefore I simply avoid areas such the the vicinity of the sugar lump, or the pantheon or grimoire. Normally I invoke the Stats screen, to avoid accidentally wasting a spell or a level upgrade.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 153 ✭✭
    BigbyBoss said:

Billabo said:

Oh? You mean you can just keep loading the save until you successfully harvest a mature one?
    Or you could just open a duplicate window, click on the sugar lump and, if it harvests successfully, switch gameplay to that new window. If the harvest fails just go back to the original window and try again.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
    Jez said:

BigbyBoss said:

Billabo said:

Or you could just open a duplicate window, click on the sugar lump and, if it harvests successfully, switch gameplay to that new window. If the harvest fails just go back to the original window and try again.
    Maybe it's just me, but i don't see the point of doing this. It's not a matter of "Naughty naughty, that's cheating, you mustn't do it"; it's just that to me the element of chance is part of the fun. When I occasionally get a dud lump, it makes me appreciate those double lumps all the more when they occur.

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    BigbyBoss said:

Billabo said:

Correct. Or use Jez's method.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 434 ✭✭✭
    BigbyBoss said:

So this is just me not being careful. But i accidentally clicked a mature Sugar Lump during a Cookie Storm, getting me 0 Lumps for the day.

If you resize the browser so that only the big cookie is visible during cookie storm you won't have this problem, plus you'll get more of the cookies.

The cookie storm animation is jerky for me anyway, meaning that if I click on a cookie image, most of the time the cookie has already disappeared but the image has not. Hence I hardly even bother trying to "catch" cookies, but simply click all over the place at more or less random locations until the storm is over. One location is just as likely to deliver a cookie as another, therefore I simply avoid areas such the the vicinity of the sugar lump, or the pantheon or grimoire. Normally I invoke the Stats screen, to avoid accidentally wasting a spell or a level upgrade.

Sad to hear that Storm isn't really working out for you.
    At my current progress, which is barely making my way through the Nonillions right now, getting as many cookies in the Storm as i can usually nets me at least a few buildings.

BigbyBoss said:

If you resize the browser so that only the big cookie is visible during cookie storm you won't have this problem, plus you'll get more of the cookies.
    Interesting, to say the least. I'll come back to this after trying.

BigbyBoss said:

Wow, that is indeed very effective.
  • ImpressiveImpressive Member Posts: 5
    Which browser you using? I can't do it on Opera. Window is still too big.

Which browser you using? I can't do it on Opera. Window is still too big.

Chrome. Made it small enough to even get the sugar lump bar completely out of the way, just to make sure.