Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

A reminder of how this all started

silentsomersaultsilentsomersault Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
First, I create a somewhat more than typical thread, something that I plan on updating regularly. Of course, @Brainstorm decides to add a "joke" entry directly insulting me, for some reason I can't comprehend. I asked the moderators to remove it, several times, for ≥two weeks, without any sort of response. That's when I had enough, I decide to take matters into my own hands and remove it myself using spam flags and alts. I figured that it's okay since @DarthCookie mentioned doing this sort of thing back during the Zicit gorespam era. Then @Chisako bans me in less than a week. Let's go ahead and compare it to when @Frank_3everest created the "Should we eat abortions?" thread. It didn't target anyone and the subject matter was easily determined by the title, with the moderators making it clear that extremely edgy humor was permissible. And yet, it was almost immediately removed at @idc's behest. Brainstorm has continued to directly insult me without any sort of repercussions. Great moderation work!

Comments

• silentsomersaultsilentsomersault Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Oh, and to make sure that this happened, I'm calling on @Carmory and @¤RunninginReverse¤ as witnesses.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    This is unbelievable, just calm down, don't use me to explain how the moderators banned you, that wasn't the ONLY reason you were banned for, you were on the edge for false-flagging various times.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • idcidc Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited September 22
    Just 1 correction, 'that thread' wasn't removed at my behest but because it was agreed that it was disgusting. I asked that the flags I got be removed because I called out the disgusting nature of it. Maybe I went too far but I am past that now.

Not going to even go into this any more since I have left that behind (or tried to) and on this account I don't give a fuck if I get false flagged. So flag this for laughs so I can get my first flag out of the way.

Edit:
    Yay! I have my first flag. :p
    Now I can just say what i think and not worry about more flags.
    Post edited by idc on
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!
  • Frank_3everestFrank_3everest Member Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭
    edited July 26

First, I create a somewhat more than typical thread, something that I plan on updating regularly. Of course, @Brainstorm decides to add a "joke" entry directly insulting me, for some reason I can't comprehend. I asked the moderators to remove it, several times, for ≥two weeks, without any sort of response. That's when I had enough, I decide to take matters into my own hands and remove it myself using spam flags and alts. I figured that it's okay since @DarthCookie mentioned doing this sort of thing back during the Zicit gorespam era. Then @Chisako bans me in less than a week. Let's go ahead and compare it to when @Frank_3everest created the "Should we eat abortions?" thread. It didn't target anyone and the subject matter was easily determined by the title, with the moderators making it clear that extremely edgy humor was permissible. And yet, it was almost immediately removed at @idc's behest. Brainstorm has continued to directly insult me without any sort of repercussions. Great moderation work!

Actually, the title was "A Valid Solution to Many World Problems?" That made it kind of intriguing (and made it look like a good thing) until it was revealed that the solution was legalizing abortion while burning and eating fetuses for energy and food. Everybody's happy about that, right? Anyways, that thread of mine was sending an anti-abortion message if anything because by the logic of the pro-choice movement being "They aren't human yet, so we can kill them and not feel bad because of women's rights." Then, I thought "Hell, if we can kill them, we can do WHATEVER WE FUCKING WANT TO THEM!"

Yeah... I think I may have taken the edgy humor thing a little too far in that case, which is why I can understand why mine was deleted.

That being said, I am against cyber-bullying, but when it comes to one retard on an internet forum hurting your feelings, it's better to leave it alone than to break lots of rules to take that shit down.

And by the way, remember that Chisako is a moderator, not an internet forum social justice superhero. Chisako isn't always there to 'save the day' by removing hurtful content. I got a lot of crap from Brainstorm and Chaotic Neutral at one point, but since then, it's calmed down a lot. Chisako is not going to get into everyone's personal beefs. That's not the job of the moderator. A moderator's job is to ban those who are breaking rules (which while it is not right to just take down threads 'at one's own behest', idc was in the right in that scenario). While the jokes may have been abuse, not everyone thought that it was very hurtful, thus it was not taken down.
    You can't make a joke with my own language and expect me to get it. I'm not that smart!-@Dasbloody
    "I took things to fart"-@KhantStopButtnugget
    Pantaloons are pretty much man skirts. Even though they aren't. -@MiningcookiesVIII
    Congratules! Your reward is this paper cup. -@DoomlordKravoka

Dragon cave profile up in here- http://dragcave.net/user/Frank_Eeverest
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26
    I think everybody involved is at fault in some way. Brainstorm is at fault for being rude, Chisako is at fault for not replying to DLK sooner (though that could have just been because of work and such) and for banning DLK despite having access to DLK's pm that said that he wanted the post removed, and it's DLK's for not asking if it was okay to flag-remove Brainstorm's post. Granted, Chisako has never really liked DLK, so it's not that surprising that DLK got banned regardless.

BTW, are we really going to bring this up again?
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...