Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

If you could theoretically hit every single cookie in a Cookie Storm, are 100% Wrath Cookies best?

NamohysipNamohysip Member Posts: 9
According to the source code, "cookie storm" has a 5% chance of being the effect of a Wrath Cookie (the same chance as chain cookie for a wrath) while golden cookies have only a 1% chance of that same effect.

Cookie storm creates a massive amount of cookies, each one approximately 1-7 minutes' worth of cookies... if you selected all of them, wouldn't that be many hours worth of cookies? I'm not sure how many spawn in a storm, but it feels like that amount. If wrath cookies are that much more likely to generate a storm, and every storm cookie is activated... are wrath cookies better than golden cookies, on average?

Comments

• MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    I don't think so, at least if I'm understanding your question correctly, because I've never gotten anything but Luckies out of the cookies generated by a storm. I mean, the cookies that appear during the storm don't produce anything with a lasting effect -- no frenzies, no clots, not another storm. Just Luckies. So even if all the cookies during a Storm are Wrath cookies, you won't get another storm out of them.

If you're asking if jumping to the end stage of the Grandmapocalypse so that you're getting all Wrath cookies, well, that slightly increases your chance of getting a Storm, but it also greatly increases your chance of getting Ruins and Clots. I don't have hard numbers to offer, but I've played that way, and my sense is that, in the long run, overall production slows with all Wrath Cookies; the really good but rare effects like Elder Frenzy are outweighed by the bad but common ones (Clot and Ruin)
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,390 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maddie said:

I don't think so, at least if I'm understanding your question correctly, because I've never gotten anything but Luckies out of the cookies generated by a storm. I mean, the cookies that appear during the storm don't produce anything with a lasting effect -- no frenzies, no clots, not another storm. Just Luckies. So even if all the cookies during a Storm are Wrath cookies, you won't get another storm out of them.

If you're asking if jumping to the end stage of the Grandmapocalypse so that you're getting all Wrath cookies, well, that slightly increases your chance of getting a Storm, but it also greatly increases your chance of getting Ruins and Clots. I don't have hard numbers to offer, but I've played that way, and my sense is that, in the long run, overall production slows with all Wrath Cookies; the really good but rare effects like Elder Frenzy are outweighed by the bad but common ones (Clot and Ruin)

You can save-scum to avoid bad effects. Just save before clicking a Wrath Cookie, and the Clot/Ruin problem is completely gone.
  • NamohysipNamohysip Member Posts: 9
    Ah, so even with the cookie storm, it's generally not a good idea to have all wrath thanks to the clots, etc.

So with that in mind, I've seen a lot of debate on whether one of two strategies is best in the long term-- buying Elder Pledge once they run out, or staying on One Mind and going no further. The former is a small sum of cookies for the sake of staying in Golden Cookies only, but the other gets you SOME wrath cookies without the rest of the upgrades, and also the benefit of the wrinklers. For the new version, has there been a consensus on that yet?
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    One Mind.
  • MaddieMaddie Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited July 28
    Yes, One Mind. Because Elder Pledge also means no wrinklers, and the wrinkler production when you do pop them is more than you'd have made off the big cookie in the same time, times however many wrinklers you have. And Frenzies boost the wrinkler production as well as the big Cookie's.

(Although, you're actually buying the Grandmapocalypse upgrades through Exotic Nuts (the next one after One Mind).