Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Cookie Clicker: Game does not display exact values for Grimoire spell costs, please change?

enderbiscuitenderbiscuit Member Posts: 1
edited July 23 in Suggestions
I have been playing with the new spells in the Grimoire (wizard tower minigame) and I noticed something that bugs me a little bit. Spells' costs are a certain percentage of the maximum mana you have (max mana is determined by the amount of wizard towers you have, 10 towers = 1 extra point). This itself is fine, I have no problems with that. But here's the issue: When the game calculates the price of a spell, it displays whole numbers, even if they are not whole numbers (ex: 19.8 is calculated, but only 19 is displayed). This does not mean that the calculation is rounded down, that calculated cost IS the cost. But you only see "19" instead of "19.8". So someone new to this minigame will likely be confused when they have 19 mana but a spell really costs 19.8, so they can't use the spell yet (even though the game displays 19!). A solution to this is just to program the game to display the EXACT price of the spell. So, in the case of the example spell, the game displays 19.8, not just 19. Simple, right? I hope my rambling can be understood.

Comments

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, or round up instead of down, and have it be a pleasant surprise if people get to use their spell "early."
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154