Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Broken

ShadowofReverseShadowofReverse Posts: 442Member ✭✭
edited July 30 in Playground
A number of users are already participating in Dashnet City. Well, this fits into that universe, however it won't be crossing over; this is a story told from a different perspective entirely.

This isn't a tale of heroism, and adventure, nor is it a tale of crookedness and villainy. This is a tale of survival, and doing whatever it takes to live through the horrors brought upon you.

This is a horror-based RP. If you're squeamish about those things(pussy), walk away now. Also, please don't play your characters as fearless, as they are normal humans being subjected to demonic horrors; you will be called out on your BS if they aren't afraid of these things, at least at the start - they can become numb to the horrors over time, much like my counterpart had.

E͘n҉joy the̕ sh͡o̧w̡.

---

App.

Name: (Realistic names, please - this takes place outside of Dashnet City, so usernames won't work too well here.)
Backstory: (Please put at least a paragraph into this; I want to know what your character went through to get where they are now, and perhaps a reason why they were found interesting by Shadow.)
Trait: (Please pick one from the trait list below.)
Tool: (Please pick one - 2 if you chose Over-Prepared - from the tool list below.)

---

Trait list.

Sociopath
You won't suffer emotionally from harming or killing other human beings.

Optimist
Easier to bring yourself back to peak performance if your emotional state is damaged; however, being tortured can remove that trait.

Over-Prepared
You can start with 2 tools, however the second slot must be used for something another player hasn't already chosen (unless all of them have already been chosen).

Tech Geek
You have the option to tinker with items and create devices that will aide towards defending yourself against Shadow. You have to have this ability to perform those actions effectively.

Beacon of Hope
People around you don't suffer from emotional or psychological trauma as easily.

Athlete
Can perform feats requiring physical strength easier.

Therapist
You can help others recover from emotional or psychological damage.

Self-Defense Trained
You are trained in self-defense, and can more easily win fights with Viruses.

Broken (Auto-applied next to your current Trait if you become a Virus or a Guest; erases Therapist trait entirely, changes Optimist and Beacon of Hope traits.)
You no longer can be psychologically or emotionally damaged.

Slasher Smile (Replaces Optimist if you become a Virus.)
Seeing the once optimistic and kind person having been broken, and turned against them, affects others emotionally.

Symbol of Hatred (Replaces Beacon of Hope if you become a Virus.)
Seeing what was once a beacon of hope having been broken, and turned against them, affects others emotionally.

Bonkers (Applied if you go completely insane; removes all other traits.)
You might as well be dead, you won't be helpful. You will be insane to the point of being a useless or even detrimental team member. Can be helped out of this by a Therapist, if you're lucky, but other Traits will remain removed.

Dead (You know when this applies.)
You're dead, Jim. Can't be revived unless I'm feeling particularly generous. And there are a LOT of ways to die. I'd suggest you go find them all if that wouldn't mean countless throwaway characters.

Soulless (Applied when QFSSFWRACX)
b̴̖̻̠̭̯u͇͕͍̜̮̯̞͠t̩̼̫͙̗͡ ̺̭̪͙̰y̢o̝͎̮̮̣u̵͓͖̭ ̱̮̠c̬̩̞̥͇̳̥o̬̪̲̘͈͕͞u͖̦͎̲͍͉͎͠ḻ̠̠̦̬̩͞ͅd̡͎n͘'͏̜̘̱̥̩t̢͖̼̫͇̼ ͓s̪͍̰͡a̱v̢e̳̥̣͓̖͕ ͏̙͎̟̹t͏͔̯͖̗h̛̪e̡̹̲͙͙m̴͖̠͍͍̪͖͔

More can be added later.

---

Tool list.

Flashlight
You know what a flashlight does, right? The most practical, yet boring choice.

Phone
Has a smaller, less effective flashlight on it; you can also use a camera, which glitches when I am near, however you can't use them both at the same time.

Ax
Can break wooden things, obviously. Can also be embedded into the head of Viruses if you're feeling murderous. ((Latter use recommended for Sociopaths.))

Plushy
Laugh all you want, giving the Plushy (which can be of whatever the user chooses, however it must be adorable) a big ol' hug reduces stress and could help someone calm down. ((More effective for Optimists.))

Med-Kit
You know what this is for. If you don't know what a Med-Kit is for, it'll let you heal people if they get injured.

Small Med-Kit
A weaker version of the standard Med-Kit. More lightweight, though.

Locket (UNIQUE ITEM - Currently in play.)
A heart-shaped locket. You can feel it beating. Function is unknown. ((Useless item until you can figure out that function, but when you do, it's worth it.))

Laser Pointer
You don't know why you carry this around, but shining it in someone's face stuns them. Does not work on me.

---

S̶ee you͢ ͘so͠on.̷
̨
I'̢l̛l̵ ̴be͠ wa̧tc̕h͟i͏nģ you.
̷
͟- ̴Sh̢a͘dowof̨Re̢v̸eŕse
I͝'m ́b́roke҉n̡. ͏A͞n̶d ͡I c̶a̧n't̴ be̴ ̸f҉i͜x̢ed.̀
Post edited by ShadowofReverse on

Comments

• xXSwagMaster9000XxxXSwagMaster9000Xx Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    Name:Barry mike Johnson.

Backstory:Had a rather happy life until his family died in a car crash,having no one to support him financially, he became a thief stealing from random people,but he ended up stealing from the leader of a gang, causing them to attempt to find and kill him,he currently on the run.

Trait:Sociopath.

Tool:Axe.

(did i do good)
    Sometimes even the devil on my shoulder ask's "what the fuck are you doing?"
  • ShadowofReverseShadowofReverse Posts: 442Member ✭✭

Name:Barry mike Johnson.

Backstory:Had a rather happy life until his family died in a car crash,having no one to support him financially, he became a thief stealing from random people,but he ended up stealing from the leader of a gang, causing them to attempt to find and kill him,he currently on the run.

Trait:Sociopath.

Tool:Axe.

(did i do good)

You appear to have turned your background into a single run-on sentence.

Here's an edited version, you don't have to edit it in or anything, you're approved, but run-on sentences do get kinda annoying, so keep it in mind in the future.

Had a rather happy life until his family died in a car crash. Having no one to support him financially, he became a thief, stealing from random people.
    He ended up stealing from the leader of a gang, causing them to attempt to find and kill him. He is currently on the run.

3 people left until the party.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,893Member ✭✭✭✭
    I would play this game, but looks like it's broken.. haha... hehe...

Name: Drake Storm, but I'd very much prefer to be called Brainstorm
    Backstory: I was a mechanical engineer working for a very big drug-dealing guy, almost worth in billions... I once was working on a gun, the guy's 19 year old son wanted it now, he ordered me, although it wasn't finished... at last, he took it from me by force, and when he tried using it, being an unfinished weapon, it blew up and killed him... the guy thought I murdered his son by giving him a broken weapon, and no amount of swearing and explaining prevented me from being chased by those walking penises who call themselves PEOPLE... so I escaped and ran away.
    The reason why Shadow finds me interesting is because I am really good at making weapons and tools under pressure, and even when I'm not, I can use enough concentration to build something that whole organizations can't make.

Trait: Tech Geek

Tool: Phone
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx

I would play this game, but looks like it's broken.. haha... hehe...

Name: Drake Storm, but I'd very much prefer to be called Brainstorm
    Backstory: I was a mechanical engineer working for a very big drug-dealing guy, almost worth in billions... I once was working on a gun, the guy's 19 year old son wanted it now, he ordered me, although it wasn't finished... at last, he took it from me by force, and when he tried using it, being an unfinished weapon, it blew up and killed him... the guy thought I murdered his son by giving him a broken weapon, and no amount of swearing and explaining prevented me from being chased by those walking penises who call themselves PEOPLE... so I escaped and ran away.
    The reason why Shadow finds me interesting is because I am really good at making weapons and tools under pressure, and even when I'm not, I can use enough concentration to build something that whole organizations can't make.

Trait: Tech Geek

Tool: Phone

You can't have 2 Brainstorm's, sorry. Drake Storm works fine, though.

App is accepted.

2 left until the party.
    edited July 23
    Hm, this could be a long wait

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    it could indeed
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,595Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Kris Decker

Trait: Optimist

Tool: Locket

Backstory:
    Oh where to begin with Kris? She was never the luckiest girl around. Not when her first crush turned her down. Not when she didn't get into the school she wanted. Not when her mother disappeared.

Yeah, especially then.
    Maybe that's how it all began? She holds on to every spot of hope she gets, and makes the best out of it. "Life is never so bad that it can't get better", she would always think to herself.

That mantra is what keeps her going forward after she got the news.
    Her mother's car, bloodstains on the driver's seat. DNA tests prove it's hers. The only thing left: A heart-shaped locket, also stained.
    She never saw her mother wear it, but she knows (or thinks she does) she has always had it.

Her anchor on happyland that prevents the sea of madness to suck her in.
    No matter what happens, Kris never lets herself break.

Heh.
    Isn't that just perfect for Shadow?

Vini said:

Name: Kris Decker

Trait: Optimist

Tool: Locket

Backstory:

Oh where to begin with Kris? She was never the luckiest girl around. Not when her first crush turned her down. Not when she didn't get into the school she wanted. Not when her mother disappeared.

Yeah, especially then.
    Maybe that's how it all began? She holds on to every spot of hope she gets, and makes the best out of it. "Life is never so bad that it can't get better", she would always think to herself.

That mantra is what keeps her going forward after she got the news.
    Her mother's car, bloodstains on the driver's seat. DNA tests prove it's hers. The only thing left: A heart-shaped locket, also stained.
    She never saw her mother wear it, but she knows (or thinks she does) she has always had it.

Her anchor on happyland that prevents the sea of madness to suck her in.
    No matter what happens, Kris never lets herself break.

Heh.
    Isn't that just perfect for Shadow?
    Approved.

One left until the party.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 763Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 23
    Name : Jackson Hordovik

Trait : Tech Geek {If I can't because of Brainy up there, I'll do Self Defense Trained}

Tool : Laser Pointer

Backstory :

I had a normal upbringing, did well in school, had friends, and somehow ended up quallifyig for a position at Weapons Design for some land vehicles that the Army needed to help defend a base that was under fire. I worked that job for five years, before I left to settle in to a more quiet life. Until one of the weapons I designed fell into the wrong hands. It disrupted all weapons fire, except for a prototype that I had been working on. A laser pointer that could stun people I pointed it at. I have this with me at all times, since my EMP weapon is still active around shady areas that God-knows-what is happening behind.

Where do I go from the bottom?

When I have been blamed for the start of the apocalypse?

God only knows what will happen.

{how's that?}
    "What just happened?" -Me

Trait : Tech Geek {If I can't because of Brainy up there, I'll do Self Defense Trained}

Backstory :

I had a normal upbringing, did well in school, had friends, and somehow ended up quallifyig for a position at Weapons Design for some land vehicles that the Army needed to help defend a base that was under fire. I worked that job for five years, before I left to settle in to a more quiet life. Until one of the weapons I designed fell into the wrong hands. It disrupted all weapons fire, except for a prototype that I had been working on. A laser pointer that could stun people I pointed it at. I have this with me at all times, since my EMP weapon is still active around shady areas that God-knows-what is happening behind.

{how's that?}

"the start of the apocalypse"

Err . . . no.

Backstory :

{how's that?}

Err . . . no.
    I'll retry

So, I was pretty normal. I worked a well paying job, and lived in a decent house. The thing was, I was pretty parinoid. I always felt like someone was watching me. So, I decided to get a little self defense under my belt, just in case. One night, as I was walking home from work, and some shady looking guy walked over to me. On the inside, I started freaking out, but all this guy did, was give me a black, cylindrical object, and walk away. Being parionid, I ran home, and ripped it apart, to find, it was a laser pointer. I put it back together, and tested it. Seemed normal." After this incident, I have felt like I have been being watched. This feeling is only getting more frequent.

What is going on?

{Is this better? I knew the whole 'apocalypse' thing was too far fetched.}

I'm not the best writer, either.

Backstory :

{how's that?}

Err . . . no.
    I'll retry

So, I was pretty normal. I worked a well paying job, and lived in a decent house. The thing was, I was pretty parinoid. I always felt like someone was watching me. So, I decided to get a little self defense under my belt, just in case. One night, as I was walking home from work, and some shady looking guy walked over to me. On the inside, I started freaking out, but all this guy did, was give me a black, cylindrical object, and walk away. Being parionid, I ran home, and ripped it apart, to find, it was a laser pointer. I put it back together, and tested it. Seemed normal." After this incident, I have felt like I have been being watched. This feeling is only getting more frequent.

What is going on?

{Is this better? I knew the whole 'apocalypse' thing was too far fetched.}

I'm not the best writer, either.
    That's better. ((I assume this means you're swapping to Self-Defense Trained, though having two tinkerers was fine, I'm happy with this because more variety in the team.))

Time for the party.

---

You all wake up in the woods one morning. You don't remember how you got there. Your gear is piled up in front of you.
    Huh... What?
    Before I give a chance for my memories to tell me where I am, I see mom's locket ahead. I immediately run to grab it.

Vini said:

Huh... What?
    Before I give a chance for my memories to tell me where I am, I see mom's locket ahead. I immediately run to grab it.

You grab it.

You can feel it beating.
    i grab my axe
    Deep breaths. Calm down. Everything's going to be all right.

I clutch the locket at my chest. It takes me a while to realize the pulse I'm feeling isn't mine.

I slowly open my palm and stare at it.

I go and grab my phone, then my engineering kit to see if all my weapon-crafting tools are there.

i grab my axe

You grab your ax.
    Vini said:

Deep breaths. Calm down. Everything's going to be all right.

I clutch the locket at my chest. It takes me a while to realize the pulse I'm feeling isn't mine.

I slowly open my palm and stare at it.

You stare into the Locket. Nothing happens.

I go and grab my phone, then my engineering kit to see if all my weapon-crafting tools are there.

The engineering kit isn't here.
    Such a heavy atmosphere... Almost like it wants me to...
    No.

I dismiss the negative thoughts and put the locket on. ((It does have a chain to wear like a necklace, right? As in, it's not locket only, is it?))
    Then I look around me. Where is this place?

Vini said:

Such a heavy atmosphere... Almost like it wants me to...
    No.

I dismiss the negative thoughts and put the locket on. ((It does have a chain to wear like a necklace, right? As in, it's not locket only, is it?))
    Then I look around me. Where is this place?

Right where it belongs.

You don't see a path or anything that can be considered a landmark.
    "Fuck, how am I supposed to build stuff now?!?"

I go, being frustrated, to find some a few rocks and keep them

edited July 24

"Fuck, how am I supposed to build stuff now?!?"

I go, being frustrated, to find some a few rocks and keep them

While searching for rocks, you come across a note on the ground. It's written in what is hopefully, but probably not red ink, with some of it dripping downwards.

"I͕̩͚͎T'̝͎̤̣͇̥ͅS̞̯̬͉ ͎͚M̘͈̞͈͙E͎"

You feel a chill down your spine.
    "Fuck that, I want some rocks.."
    I look for rocks

"Aaannnnd How the hell did we get HERE?" I say, as I {somehow} kick down a sapling out of anger.

"Fuck that, I want some rocks.."
    I look for rocks

Yeah, no. You're gonna be at least mildly concerned about the blood note you just found. Think realistically, please.

"Aaannnnd How the hell did we get HERE?" I say, as I {somehow} kick down a sapling out of anger.

You kick down the sapling.

That didn't accomplish much, did it?
    *I pull out my laser pointer.* "Of corse I had to bring the most useless object I could have possibly brought!" I yell, As I flash it at random things, including Brainstorm, me still not knowing what it really does.

*I pull out my laser pointer.* "Of corse I had to bring the most useless object I could have possibly brought!" I yell, As I flash it at random things, including Brainstorm, me still not knowing what it really does.

You shine it in Brainstorm's eyes. It stuns him briefly.
    "Um....ok. Didn't know that did that. Not as compleatley useless as I thought."

• QueenofcookiesQueenofcookies Posts: 26Member ✭✭
    Am I too late??
    If no, here I am

Name: Diana Queen
    Backstory: Diana used to study psychiatry at a renowned medical school, but a sexual scandal between her and a teacher made her rich family disinherit her. She was expelled from home and from her social circle. Lost, she got a job to keep surviving, away from everything she knew.
    Trait: Therapist
    Tool: Med-Kit

Is this ok?
    If I were me, I obviously wouldn't believe that the note is blood and is probably one of ramez's pranks or something.
    Fine, I become worried for a few seconds, then search for rocks.