Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Change some shadow achievements into normal ones

100lol100lol Member, Wiener Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭
Speed baking I-II, just plain lucky, four-leaf cookie, true neverclick and last chance to see should be normal achievements
Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    I don't think Orteil wants to have time-based regular achievements, so Speed Baking is out.

Just Plain Lucky... well, you just have to be lucky, and purely luck-based achievements aren't good in my view.

True Neverclick requires staring at the screen for quite a while to make sure you don't miss a golden cookie (with no buffs to how often they appear or how long they stay).

Last Chance to See: see Just Plain Lucky.

Four-Leaf Cookie: Yes, please. You just need one sugar lump and Distilled Essence of Redoubled Luck (or two sugar lumps). Not like the others, and I burned a sugar lump to get it in the 2.0032 beta before it became shadow.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dpareja said:

I don't think Orteil wants to have time-based regular achievements, so Speed Baking is out.

Just Plain Lucky... well, you just have to be lucky, and purely luck-based achievements aren't good in my view.

True Neverclick requires staring at the screen for quite a while to make sure you don't miss a golden cookie (with no buffs to how often they appear or how long they stay).

Four-Leaf Cookie: Yes, please. You just need one sugar lump and Distilled Essence of Redoubled Luck (or two sugar lumps). Not like the others, and I burned a sugar lump to get it in the 2.0032 beta before it became shadow.

Pretty much this.
  • makujahmakujah Member Posts: 1
    dpareja said:

bullscheiße, man. The "Eldeer" achievement is just that - plain luck, even if you use season changer exploit, but there it is in the main achievement tab. So clearly randomness is not the issue.
    Speedbaking on the other hand is skill *combined* with a bit of luck, and it's really not hard to do - can't see why that is not on the main tab
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    makujah said:

dpareja said:

bullscheiße, man. The "Eldeer" achievement is just that - plain luck, even if you use season changer exploit, but there it is in the main achievement tab. So clearly randomness is not the issue.
    Speedbaking on the other hand is skill *combined* with a bit of luck, and it's really not hard to do - can't see why that is not on the main tab
    Eldeer actually requires at least SOME input other than luck - specifically, trying to line up the deer and cookie times, as well as being there to click the damn cookie and deer. ((Plus, I think it's mostly there to tell people, yes, you should be aiming for this - it was a really good strategy for a while, I think. Might still be one, even, but I haven't played in a while.))

Just Plain Lucky requires no input what-so-ever from the player to get; it just kinda happens every once in a while.
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    I agree for speed baking: it is not just plain luck. I think it has been removed because of the legacy updates that makes it too easy to get. But if they worked like "neverclick" (you need to use the "born again" mode), they would become fair again. It would need some rebalancing maybe, but it would make sense to have them as "normal" achievement, as long as they're not so "hard" to get.

For the other that require just plain luck... well, I don't know. It seems a bit unfair. Eldeers can be somehow "chased", and active play in this direction work (if you manage it well by syncing deers and cookies, and wait until the deer jumps, you can have one in a couple hours).

I agree for the "four leaf clover" as well. With the right upgrades, it is ok.