Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Wizard spells all backfiring forever

GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 23 in Bug Reports
Bug: All wizard spells I use are currently all backfiring, now matter how much I save, refresh, backup and whatnot.
Trigger: Nothing I can think of, I was just using conjure backed goods frequently and got 4 backfires in a row, opened another tab to test it out and noticed all spells were backfiring every time.
Fix: Only ascending stopped this from happening, tried everything I could think of.

Edit: The current fix is to type Game.seed=Game.makeSeed() in the console to refresh your spell seed (note: it might screw with your current type of sugar lump)
Thanks Shylight for the fix
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Post edited by Gouchnox on
Tagged:

Comments

• gloraelingloraelin Member Posts: 1
    Agreed. I used both Conjure Baked Goods and Force The Hand Of Fate and they backfired... forever. Multiple times. Ascension is what fixed my problem as well.
  • MezmerroMezmerro Member Posts: 8
    Spell results are seed-based rather than truly random with seed determined by the total spell cast counter and uniquie game ID. Savescumming spells for better results just don't work.

Sometimes (rougly 1 in 9) seed shifts so all the spells would backfire. Just pop some spell that do the least ammount of damage and power through.
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    Mezmerro said:

Spell results are seed-based rather than truly random with seed determined by the total spell cast counter and uniquie game ID. Savescumming spells for better results just don't work.

Sometimes (rougly 1 in 9) seed shifts so all the spells would backfire. Just pop some spell that do the least ammount of damage and power through.

5 backfires in a row without any savescumming or refreshing though

and we need to keep seeds to prevent people from savescumming.... tricky
  • MezmerroMezmerro Member Posts: 8
    Gouchnox said:

and we need to keep seeds to prevent people from savescumming....

Acatually using seed enables some utterly broken combos. Because each result is pretty much predetermined based on the current spell cast count you can savescum the knowledge of future spell results untill you get the hand of fate with a click frenzy (rougly 9% chance). Then wait for a frenzy+building boost, cast the hand with a click frenzy, boost clicking power with Godzamok and pilosh it out with a golden switch for a truly MASIVE burst of cookies.

Still not as broken as it could be if you can savescum clickfrenzy from EACH hand of fate, so I kinda understand why there's seed.
  • JezDavisJezDavis Member Posts: 146 ✭✭
    Mezmerro said:

Savescumming spells for better results just don't work.

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

'Savescumming'?

• GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Jez said:

I have absolutely no idea what this means.

'Savescumming'?

Savescumming means abusing the save/backup system to your advantage, often times to bypass something. For example, a wrath cookie spawns, you save, click the wrath cookie, it's a clot or a ruin, you then can refresh the page back to the moment when you didn't click it, so you don't suffer from the negative effect. This can be used for spells for example, though they are seeded.
    Savescumming can be used in a way which i find much more "legit", and that is drop farming. During easter or halloween season, wrinklers will have random drops. You can save, kill all the wrinklers, and if you didn't get the drop(s) you wanted, you revert back to kill them again. You can keep killing them until you get the drop(s) you want, which results in a major time save.
    Personally, I don't consider this type of savescumming to be cheating, because it does not prevent a negative effect and only saves time on something which is otherwise just random farming. You will still loose your wrinklers, you're just gonna get your drop sooner. Since you basically need the chocolate egg to reset efficiently, you have to get it on each run. I have 111 resets on my main save, and I can guarantee that after a few runs you're not gonna farm wrinklers for hours on end and instead just savescum to get it. (on top of that you have low wrinkler spawns since you're on one mind).