Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Season-based Golden Cookie Effects

DarkyDarky Posts: 955Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 19 in Suggestions
So hey, its been a while since my last Thread. Anyway.

I had this little idea in my head which I thought might sound like a good one...?
My idea was Season-based Golden Cookie Effects.
Like the title says, duh!

What are Season-based GC Effects? Well, pretty easy to explain: Golden Cookie Effects that only occur on a specific Season.

Let's take Christmas as an example: An effect that is kinda similar to Golden Cookie Storm but instead of Golden Cookies, its the Reindeers. Now of course having like 50 reindeers coming in would be a bit too much. Thats why I thought that it should be 8 and every reindeer has its own name (so 2 reindeers don't have the same name).
And of course, this effect needs to be as rare as the Storm effect or somewhere near as rare as the storm effect.

And here's my suggestion for the other Seasons:
  • Halloween: Wrinklers digest x% more cookies for x seconds (rarity: like the building effects). While the effect is active, wrinklers either move a bit faster or appear a bit more golden but not too golden.
  • Easter: Reduces the time for a sugar lump to hit maturity by 1-2 hours (rarity: like the building effects).
  • Valentine: Milk gets x% more powerful for a few seconds (rarity: like the click frenzies). While the effect is active, the milk gets little sparkles just like the big cookie gets when a golden cookie effect is active.
  • Business: Every building is x% cheaper for x seconds, depending how many banks you currently own (example: 400 banks = 40% off) (rarity: like the click frenzies).
That should be it. I hope its a good suggestion.

Comments

• ViniVini Posts: 2,595Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh wow, I never thought of that before. And it's so obvious.

Very solid suggestions. But for two things. Actually just one, but bear with me.

I don't get where the Valentine-Milk things is coming from. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, and sure, Milk bonus is good and should be somewhere. I just don't know if Valentine season is the best one for that.
    Maybe. This isn't what I really wanted to talk about.

The Business season one... I'm pretty sure it already exists. And doesn't use any building as a base. It's just x% cheaper for x seconds.
    I'll admit, I could be wrong, but I'm almost confidently sure enough that it already exists.

• DarkyDarky Posts: 955Member, Friendly, Cool, Funny ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    Vini said:

I don't get where the Valentine-Milk things is coming from. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, and sure, Milk bonus is good and should be somewhere. I just don't know if Valentine season is the best one for that.

I thought about some kind of "Love Potion" so thats why i chose Valentine for this.
    Vini said:

The Business season one... I'm pretty sure it already exists. And doesn't use any building as a base. It's just x% cheaper for x seconds.
    I'll admit, I could be wrong, but I'm almost confidently sure enough that it already exists.

I've never heard of it, thats why i suggested this.
    If it already exists, fine. If not, there you go.
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,132Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    The numbers seem too high to me, but I like the ideas.

The Business Day one would have to scale in some way that you couldn't have 1000 banks and buy an indefinite number of prisms for free. Even 40% is huge. For the Easter one, I think 20 minutes reduction would make sense.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • 100lol100lol Posts: 1,730Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    imagine being in super-late game
    1000 banks lol
    Lol, MAXIED GOT SMOKIED GOT WEEDIED!
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    I thought business day didn't have any special things to it?

• dparejadpareja Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    edited July 20

I thought business day didn't have any special things to it?

Everything Must Go crops up every once in a while during Business Day. I believe it makes all buildings 5% cheaper for (normally) 5 seconds.

And, of course, the heavenly upgrade for Business Day makes golden cookies appear 5% more often, whereas the other seasonal heavenly upgrades make them appear 2% more often, except for the Christmas upgrade, which doesn't affect golden cookies at all (it makes reindeer more frequent).

EDIT: I believe Everything Must Go is half as frequent as a Click Frenzy off either a Golden Cookie or a Wrath Cookie.