Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Temple Spirits glitching out

GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 1 in Bug Reports

This may not look like it, but these slots are: Cow (in diamond), Jeremy (in ruby) and nothing in jade.
The Cow seems like it has gone out of its slots, but it's actually still here (its effect is still active, and when I dragged the Cow back into its slot it didn't cost me any swaps). Also, both Jeremy and Cow (when back in its slot) are shown as "empty slots" when you highlight over them. I added another spirit in the jade slot, and it displayed fine (no "empty slot" sign, effect worked).
This may be something like a lag spike, or a reload that didn't work quite well, but this is the first time a visual glitch has ever happened to me on cookie clicker, so there's definitely something beyond bad browser or whatnot.

EDIT: reloaded, both Cow and Jeremy were gone and their effects with them despite me never unsloting them, this is no longer a visual-only glitch. Maybe it has to do with how the slotted spirits are saved
image Packs: (CC ~ MC ~ BoI ~ DNF) image
Post edited by Gouchnox on
Tagged:

Comments

• OrteilOrteil Administrator, Game Dev Posts: 121 Admin
    probably some wonky edge case with the dragging system i'm using, sounds like the spirits are never properly slotted in the first place but look like they are; reloading should always fix those bugs but i'm gonna look into what might be causing it
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the thing is that when I slotted them in the first place it did spend some of my worship swaps and their effects were clearly noticeable on my CpS
    Here it just looks like they actually "unslotted" themselves, because despite me not removing them their effects are gone and adding them back costs swaps
  • GouchnoxGouchnox Member, Friendly, Cool, Conversationalist Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Refreshed the page again, all my spirits are gone, my cooldown is still cooling down
    @Orteil
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this bug happen to me as well. When I opened CC today, the cow spirit was gone from my pantheons. I tried refreshing but that did nothing.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    Another lost spirit, this time Dotjeiss from the beta. Prior to it disappearing from the slot, it was still visible there but it was as though it was empty as no info came up when hovering over it.