Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The Grimoire

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 651 ✭✭✭
Is it just me, or are most of the spells in the grimoire fairly minimal in their effect? A couple of % reduction in the cost of a building or upgrade is better than nothing, I suppose, but it's hardly a game changer.

The only spell that seems really worth trying for is the Conjure Baked Goods, which I imagine would give you a huge cookie boost if you invoked it at the right time. Oddly, it's one of the cheaper ones.

Comments

• AlakallanarAlakallanar Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Conjure Baked Goods is huge, unless you have my luck. I have gotten 5 backfires in a row today.

I guess theoretically Spontaneous Edifice might be worth it extremly late game. And maybe Summon Crafty Pixies once at the start of a new run.

Apart from that, saving all mana for Conjured Baked Goods during cookie buffs seems the way to go.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Conjure Baked Goods was nuts before it was nerfed. It's still not bad, but the fact that the loss is uncapped (while the gain is capped) makes it less worthwhile.

For myself, I prefer Force the Hand of Fate right after getting a Frenzy, because there's a decent chance you'll get a building boost or click frenzy, and if you get Lucky, then your next golden cookie is very likely to be a Frenzy, giving you a significantly longer continuous buff.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 433 ✭✭✭
    The building and upgrade spells will be great for new players suffering through the early game

• JakeglurpJakeglurp Member Posts: 2
    edited July 18
    I got an enormous boost yesterday, I had a Frenzy and Dragon Flight through normal golden cookie spawns, Forced the Hand of Fate just to chance it, and I lucked out, got a golden cookie and mana bloom. With the golden switch on I got (7x 1111x 27.1x 2.1x) 442589.07x clicking power

I made most of my all time cookies right there, from struggling to make 100 octillion to 3 nonillion
  • mrbobdobolinamrbobdobolina Member Posts: 2
    Okay, walk me through the math here... if, say, "Force the Hand of Fate" is 60% of my magic, I can only ever cast it once at one time. Is there any incentive to get more mana? The spells will always take the same percentage, does the refill rate change? I suspect it won't... or it might it get worse?

I'm playing with the golden switch on and basically checking in twice a day to pop wrinklers, buy buildings if I can, and cast a spell or two to get a golden cookie. So it *really* doesn't matter, but I'm trying to figure out the incentives here.
  • ShylightShylight Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Posts: 6,452 Mod
    Recovery rate does indeed get worse, but only after you have over hundred total mana. It's a matter of using other spells, I guess. For example, if you wanted to use Diminish Ineptitude and then two Conjure Baked Goods in order to minimize your backfire chances, you'd have to have at least 100 mana.

Higher amounts of mana are for players who only look at the game couple times a day though, anyone else is better off keeping them low.
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 10
    I think the mechanics of Grimoire changed (at least in terms of how much max mana a player has at a given time and how much mana a spell costs). Is Shylight's commentary still true?

Also how is the max mana calculated? I think both how much Wizard towers a player has and what level his/her wizard towers are play a role, but I was hoping for an exact formula. There is a formula for the 2.0034 update on reddit, but i don't think that still applies.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 199 ✭✭✭
    Source code:

M.magicM=Math.floor(4+Math.pow(towers,0.6)+Math.log((towers+(lvl-1)*10)/15+1)*15);

Depends primarily on the number of towers and only minimally on their level.
  • Asbestos_Free_CookieAsbestos_Free_Cookie Member Posts: 10
    Honestly that source code doesn't really make sense to me. I suppose I'm more interested in if Shylight's commentary is still true.