Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Golden cookie buffs to CpS apply for entire duration of closed game cookie generation

fnordfnord Member Posts: 3
Once you have ascended, you get the ability to generate cookies when the game is closed, based off of your CpS at the time you close the game. This includes any Golden Cookie-based buffs to your CpS

This could easily be exploited (and accidentally, as that's how I found out about it) so that I continue to get way more CpS than I normally would with the game closed. All I have to do is just wait until I've got a buff before closing the game, and bingo, I'm earning way more CpS for the entire duration that my game is closed.

This doesn't seem to be like intended behavior, but I'd gladly take it if it is.

fnord

Comments

• dparejadpareja Member Posts: 146 ✭✭
    edited July 17
    The catch is that wrinklers don't gain cookies while the game is closed. So your buff has to be large enough to make up for that. (For instance, if you have the maximum 80% generation while closed, and 12 wrinklers with all heavenly and normal upgrades, you'd need to have a boost of at least 2626%, which means either an Elder Frenzy or a building boost for a building of which you have at least 253.)

EDIT: Or stacked Frenzy + Dragon Harvest, stacked Frenzy + building boost (37 buildings), or stacked Dragon Harvest + building boost (17 buildings).
  • fnordfnord Member Posts: 3
    dpareja said:

The catch is that wrinklers don't gain cookies while the game is closed. So your buff has to be large enough to make up for that. (For instance, if you have the maximum 80% generation while closed, and 12 wrinklers with all heavenly and normal upgrades, you'd need to have a boost of at least 2626%, which means either an Elder Frenzy or a building boost for a building of which you have at least 253.)

EDIT: Or stacked Frenzy + Dragon Harvest, stacked Frenzy + building boost (37 buildings), or stacked Dragon Harvest + building boost (17 buildings).

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this addresses the issue I stated. If wrinklers don't gain cookies when the game is closed, it doesn't matter whether the CpS is affected by a buff or not. It appears to me that the player can still gain more CpS when closed simply by waiting for a buff to appear before they close the game. It doesn't matter if they have wrinklers, or if they have all of the upgrades, or none of them.
  • dparejadpareja Member Posts: 146 ✭✭
    fnord said:

dpareja said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure how this addresses the issue I stated. If wrinklers don't gain cookies when the game is closed, it doesn't matter whether the CpS is affected by a buff or not. It appears to me that the player can still gain more CpS when closed simply by waiting for a buff to appear before they close the game. It doesn't matter if they have wrinklers, or if they have all of the upgrades, or none of them.
    Because wrinklers give an effective CpS buff--12 wrinklers, with Wrinklerspawn and Sacrilegious Corruption, effectively buff CpS by a factor of 9.1318. This must be taken into account to determine how big the golden cookie buff must be to make it worthwhile to close the game.
  • fnordfnord Member Posts: 3
    dpareja said:

fnord said:

dpareja said:

Because wrinklers give an effective CpS buff--12 wrinklers, with Wrinklerspawn and Sacrilegious Corruption, effectively buff CpS by a factor of 9.1318. This must be taken into account to determine how big the golden cookie buff must be to make it worthwhile to close the game.
    I've only been playing the game for a couple of months, and quite probably quite poorly, and so have not gotten either of those upgrades (nor Elder Spice to get +2 wrinklers). Additionally, I play on my laptop, so cannot let the game run idle when I'm not on the machine because I need to close the laptop and therefore must close the game.

I'm just trying to find out if it was the intention of the game devs to allow players to continue to earn cookies at the buff-affected rates for way longer than the buffs would run. If so, I'd gladly wait for my biggest building buff to pop up, then close the game, come back a week later to an embarrassment of riches and prestige levels.