Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

New update 2.0034 is live

adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 379Member ✭✭✭
edited July 15 in General Discussion
The new beta update has already been applied to the live game. I haven't checked out if everything from the beta is now in the live version but the sugar lumps and minigames are.

New features:

More achievements
New cookies
minigames Pantheon and Grimoire

Post edited by adam_antichrist on

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 524Member ✭✭✭
    Ah fuck I did it again...

Meant to upgrade my temples using my one available sugar lump, and upgraded the banks instead. The bank icons look like temples to me, and especially with one being immediately above the other it's easy to confuse the two. I made exactly the same mistake when the pantheon/sugar lumps first appeared in the beta.

Now I have to wait for the next lump to ripen.

Grrrr.
  • TraconTracon Posts: 7Member
    edited July 16
    I've swapped over to the new version and am enjoying the increased cps, but still have the bug mentioned with the pantheon where I can not assign spirits. Kind of a bummer because those are a HUGE boost to your cps.

Anyways, should be able to get the 300 prisms achievement fairly easily now. My cps has more than doubled from the prior version. Over 2.1 octillion per second now. Now if I could just get the huge wrinkler boost from the pantheon I'll be set!
  • TraconTracon Posts: 7Member
    Update! I was able to fix the bug by using Firefox. Probably another ~25-30% increase in overall production now with the pantheon and improved wrinklers, buildings, and (deciding what to put in the third slot).

Getting from 290 to 300 prisms shouldn't be difficult at all now.
  • jackthecookiejackthecookie Posts: 74Member ✭✭
    is it intentional that news don't stay on their own section when playing with small browser window (to maximize reindeers)? now news quite often prevent seeing what's happening on middle sector and potentially can prevent player to see gc (maybe long enuf that gc disappears).
  • Matt258Matt258 Posts: 40Member ✭✭
    Ok so what all was Added besides the Sugar lumps, new Cookies? I didn't play the Beta so I am hoping for getting to know about everything that was added in this Update 2.0034
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,106Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    You can see the patch notes under the Info tab. Sugar Lumps, which can unlock 2 "minigames," some new achievements, new cookies, a few new prestige upgrades.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 379Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    There's also new heavenly upgrades, although not all the same ones that were in the Beta

Actually I got one of the "ends in a 7" upgrades on the beta which wasn't unlocked when I looked at the ascension screen in 2.0034. Others have since stated they are also available in the live version.
    Post edited by adam_antichrist on

• kuraudiokuraudio Posts: 1Member
    Where are the minigames? I cannot find them.
  • dparejadpareja Posts: 38Member ✭✭
    kuraudio said:

Where are the minigames? I cannot find them.

Go to the main screen in the centre frame. (Click the button for whichever tab you're in.) In the lower right of each building's image you'll see a button with a level number. Click that to level up that building if you have enough sugar lumps. For cursors, they're in the lower right corner of the left frame (with the big cookie). You start growing sugar lumps once you've got at least one prestige level.

The minigames are currently available for Temples and Wizard towers. When you have at least one of those buildings, and they're at least at level 1, you can access their associated minigames.
    I always felt kind of guilty that there were all these nice building icons on the main screen, and I used to rarely look at them because most of the time I left the Stats screen open. The "mini-games" give me a reason to see the main screen.

Now my only complaint is that the scrolling is locked to be the same between screens. For example, if I am in the main screen and scroll down to see the Pantheon or the Grimoire, when I return to the Stats screen I have to scroll back up to see the important stats like Cookies Baked All Time.

It's a First World problem, I know, but I'd rather each screen scrolled independently and remembered its scroll position for the next time I switch to that screen.
    Are you supposed to be able to get "good" Wrath Cookie effects off of Golden Cookies generated by Force the Hand of Fate? I just got Cursed Finger off such a GC.
    edited July 20
    dpareja said:

Are you supposed to be able to get "good" Wrath Cookie effects off of Golden Cookies generated by Force the Hand of Fate? I just got Cursed Finger off such a GC.

There wouldn't be much point to Wrath Cookies if they always had a bad effect, because then you would simply never click on them. So I think the answer to your question is yes, you can get a good one. There has to be that possibility, to induce you to take the chance and click on it.

The bad effects of a wrath cookie are not that bad. A Ruin is basically a Lucky Cookie in reverse. A Clot sounds much worse than it is; it only loses you 33 seconds of production, compared with a gain of 462 seconds if you happen to get a Frenzy. Similar comments apply to the building boosts vs the building-based reductions of CpS. The latter says something like "CpS reduced by 360%", but that wording is misleading; if it were literally true, that would make your CpS negative. I think what it does is reduce CpS by the same factor that a boost would increase it - so instead of multiplying CpS by 4.6, it gets divided by 4.6 for the duration. In other words, the normal CpS is 360% larger than the CpS during the "anti-boost".
  • ShylightShylight Posts: 6,449Moderator, Friendly, Helpful, Flagger Mod
    dpareja said:

You can get good ones, but they are very, very unlikely. Though the chance of getting a free sugar lump is higher than from a golden one (it's still abysmal though)
    SparklebuttimagePurplesmart
    Free sugar lumps? Yes please. Didn't know you could get those.

dpareja said:

There wouldn't be much point to Wrath Cookies if they always had a bad effect, because then you would simply never click on them. So I think the answer to your question is yes, you can get a good one. There has to be that possibility, to induce you to take the chance and click on it.

The bad effects of a wrath cookie are not that bad. A Ruin is basically a Lucky Cookie in reverse. A Clot sounds much worse than it is; it only loses you 33 seconds of production, compared with a gain of 462 seconds if you happen to get a Frenzy. Similar comments apply to the building boosts vs the building-based reductions of CpS. The latter says something like "CpS reduced by 360%", but that wording is misleading; if it were literally true, that would make your CpS negative. I think what it does is reduce CpS by the same factor that a boost would increase it - so instead of multiplying CpS by 4.6, it gets divided by 4.6 for the duration. In other words, the normal CpS is 360% larger than the CpS during the "anti-boost".
    I know you can get good effects off of Wrath Cookies; I just didn't expect to get a Wrath Cookie-exclusive effect off of a Golden Cookie, even one induced by Force the Hand of Fate.