Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Forum theme reverted

OrteilOrteil Posts: 119Administrator, Game Dev Admin
As per the results of the poll, the theme has been reverted to the old dark one. Our apologies to those who liked the new theme and to those whose eyes were scalded by its sight.
Now if you guys don't mind I've got a cookie update to push

Comments

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,652Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, Orteil

Also I got an idea; why not change the theme to be a teensy bit lighter every week; so that, a year later, nobody will even notice that the forum became white
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • OrteilOrteil Posts: 119Administrator, Game Dev Admin

Also I got an idea; why not change the theme to be a teensy bit lighter every week; so that, a year later, nobody will even notice that the forum became white

considering the font would also have to change from white to black, there would be a point halfway through where the text is basically just gray on gray. lovely for readability
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,844Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orteil said:

considering the font would also have to change from white to black, there would be a point halfway through where the text is basically just gray on gray. lovely for readability
    You could always just shift from white to black immediately when it becomes a pain in the ass to read.
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
  • CarmoryCarmory Posts: 2,918Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭
    thank ortil lol
    "Nozomi is an ugly, fat cow." ~Shonic
  • 555555 Posts: 36Member ✭✭
    The new one was pretty cool in my opinion.
    Satan is my bro
    Just a suggestion; If you think the splash of color might still be good, despite the negative reception to the theme you tried to introduce, maybe you can re-add the purple in the buttons/logo while keeping everything else how it is in the normal theme?
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • InvaderIndyInvaderIndy Posts: 41Member ✭✭
    Orteil said:

As per the results of the poll, the theme has been reverted to the old dark one. Our apologies to those who liked the new theme and to those whose eyes were scalded by its sight.
    Now if you guys don't mind I've got a cookie update to push

I love you.
  • InvaderIndyInvaderIndy Posts: 41Member ✭✭

Orteil said:

You could always just shift from white to black immediately when it becomes a pain in the ass to read.
    Or outline all text lol
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 552Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 21
    ---
    Post edited by Lava_Entity on
    "What just happened?" -Me

• RedCookie6666RedCookie6666 Posts: 2,040Member, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭

Orteil said:

I've been waiting for an update to Cookie Clicker, have some things moved around, added, taken away, stuff like that. Mostly because I only started playing in December of 2016 and haven't seen a large scale update yet.
    1. This has NOTHING to do with Cookie Clicker. This is a discussion about the forum, for Orteil's sake.
    2. A new update literally just came out of beta not too long ago. It may have been after this post, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it was in roughly the same day as your post. At least, according to my timezone of EDT.
    RedCookie6666 here, wishing I could post more.
    ...Eh, whatever. Very little happens on the forums these days.
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 552Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 16

Orteil said:

I've been waiting for an update to Cookie Clicker, have some things moved around, added, taken away, stuff like that. Mostly because I only started playing in December of 2016 and haven't seen a large scale update yet.
    1. This has NOTHING to do with Cookie Clicker. This is a discussion about the forum, for Orteil's sake.
    2. A new update literally just came out of beta not too long ago. It may have been after this post, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that it was in roughly the same day as your post. At least, according to my timezone of EDT.
    My point WAS that I'd rather see a CC update that having the forum look like Ponyville OK?

I see it changed to v.20034, but what even changed? I didn't notice it while writing the post.
    "What just happened?" -Me

Orteil said:

My point WAS that I'd rather see a CC update that having the forum look like Ponyville OK?

I see it changed to v.20034, but what even changed? I didn't notice it while writing the post.
    All the stuff in Beta has been moved to the main area, including the sugar lumps, Temple minigame, Wizard minigame, etc.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • ExplodingCamelExplodingCamel Posts: 7,473Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone have screenshots of the old one? I missed it completely
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,097Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    Courtesy of Jarr: http://i.imgur.com/7Dpb16R.jpg
    Ignore the added images on the side, of course, and the green tint was only on stickied posts. Normal threads had the light grey checkered background.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,652Member ✭✭✭✭
    I got one, but pics don't load right now for me
    I'll post it later
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ExplodingCamelExplodingCamel Posts: 7,473Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Billabo said:

Courtesy of Jarr: http://i.imgur.com/7Dpb16R.jpg
    Ignore the added images on the side, of course, and the green tint was only on stickied posts. Normal threads had the light grey checkered background.

Thanks! That looks kinda disgusting. I don't mind light colors, but that reminds me of a kid's toy.