Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How to skip clot/ruin effects

RavectiveRavective Member Posts: 6
1. Once you see a wrath cookie, save your game before clicking on it.
2. If it is a bad effect, open a new tab a close your game, and on the new tab, head back into the game.
3. You just saved a bunch of cookies

Comments

• itsIndyitsIndy Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    I'm trying to follow step three but I got my quantum harmonizer in this dude's photonic resonation chamber
    test
  • RavectiveRavective Member Posts: 6
    itsIndy said:

I'm trying to follow step three but I got my quantum harmonizer in this dude's photonic resonation chamber

yeah that makes sense
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Already been known for a while.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Using your strategy you get to keep some cookies that you otherwise would have lost. On the other hand, once you open the game again, it takes up from the last save, so the time between when you did the save and when the game actually completes firing up again represents production time lost. If it's clots we are talking about, a clot only costs you about 33 seconds of production anyway, making it hardly worth the trouble of resetting. It might be worth it for a Ruin, I suppose.

If I were writing the game, I'd make it so that clicking on a Wrath Cookie automatically saves the game.
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    It used to be that you could save after clicking the cookie then refresh but the in new beta version that doesn't work, the cookie effect was still going after I refreshed

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I were writing the game, I'd make it so that clicking on a Wrath Cookie automatically saves the game.

To encourage what can honestly be boiled down to save scumming? I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a thing you can do. In fact, Orteil . . . kinda fixed it in the newest beta, if Adam's post is correct.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭

To encourage what can honestly be boiled down to save scumming? I'm pretty sure it's not meant to be a thing you can do. In fact, Orteil . . . kinda fixed it in the newest beta, if Adam's post is correct.
    No, it would force you to accept the effect of the wrath cookie.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 657 ✭✭✭
    Billabo said:

No, it would force you to accept the effect of the wrath cookie.
    Exactly. Unless you had manually saved the game to a separate file, which would be more trouble than it's worth.