Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I'm not proud of it, but...

iceklausiceklaus Posts: 9Member
*insert confession bear image here*

Sometimes when I get a "clot" cookie, I save the game and refresh the page to cancel the clot and keep progress
the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 507Member ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Clots so much. The loss from a Clot is much less than the gain from a Frenzy. The latter gives you in N seconds what would normally have taken 7 times as long, so the gain is 6N seconds of production. The loss from a Clot is only N/2 seconds' worth. Even Cursed Finger, which drops production to zero, only gives a loss of N.

Also the clots are very useful for turning the golden switch on. Even better if you are lucky enough to be able to do it during Cursed Finger.
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 9Member
    I never got much problem activating the golden switch, I'm probably calling it too early... still much to learn!
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 507Member ✭✭✭
    The time cost of activating the golden switch, with the base multiplier of 1.5, is 3 hours - one hour's production cost to activate it, plus two hours' playing to recoup that one hour's worth of production. Depending on how many heavenly upgrades you have, the GS multiplier can rise to as high as 2.1, which reduces the time cost to 1 + 1/1.1, or about 1.9 hours.

If you activate it during a clot, the cost is halved, so these time costs are also halved.

To decide whether or not it's too early to invoke it, you need to compare these time costs with the cost of other things you are buying - buildings or upgrades.