Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Boku no Hero Academia: The RP

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
So, I've gotten into the anime Boku no Hero Academia. For those who don't know, it's a superhero-themed anime where the vast majority(80%) of people on Earth are born with "Quirks," which are essentially superpowers. These can vary widely, to the point of bending time, space and logic as to what the power actually is. Of course, heroes and villains do exist, people who use their Quirks to protect others, and those who use their gift to get what they want. ((WORTH NOTING: Heroes moving on to full-time work will be required to sign onto an Agency, for instance, Team IDATEN. If you don't do that, you're pretty much a super-powered vigilante.))

You are among the hundreds of students signed up for the Hero Academia Entrance Exams - if you pass these, you'll get into the most prestigious hero training academy in the world. Among the estimated "shitton" of students entered into the Entrance Exams, only 40 will move on to become heroes in training at the Academia. But, hey, it's all to be expected when you want to go to the hero school that All-Might went to, right?

Here's joining app now.

---

Name: ((Self-explanatory. No, you cannot just have an alias here - your full legal name must be included on your sign-up sheet to make it to the Entrance Exams. LOOKING AT YOU PAINSTORM))

Quirk: ((Please describe the powers your Quirk gives you in decent detail, that is, if you have a Quirk. Obviously, nothing like "complete invulnerability" or otherwise OP powers, but I am willing to accept some pretty crazy shit, like Shoto's Half-Hot, Half-Cold Quirk - something which is shown to be capable of freezing an entire building at once, so you can imagine how powerful you can make your Quirks. Also, Quirks with extreme plot relevance, such as All-Might's One for All, will not be allowed. Oh, yeah, and don't make your Quirk crude, please. You can't have ass lasers.))

Suit: ((We all get some supersuits! Here, you can write up an appearance for the suit you'll be provided during your stay at Hero Academia.))

Backstory: ((Everyone has a story. What's yours? No personal relations with canon characters, but they can be mentioned or even relevant - for instance, maybe you were inspired by All-Might to go on the path of righteousness, but you don't know him personally. You may have seen Izuku walking around, but you never talked to the guy.))

Other: ((Any other notes you want to add on the character.))

---

Notes: This is going to start during the Entrance Exams. No guarantees you'll even get into the school - you really gotta give it your all. ((If you don't get in but still want to be a part of the RP, I can let you take over one of the NPC students, tho. ;) ))

---

Approved apps;

None yet.
C҉a҉n҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉ ҉f҉e҉e҉l҉ ҉t҉h҉e҉ ҉d҉a҉r҉k҉n҉e҉s҉s҉ ҉c҉r҉a҉w҉l҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉w҉i҉t҉h҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉r҉ ҉s҉i҉n҉s҉?҉

Comments

• BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2
    An RiR-rated game, cool

Name: LAYENSTORM Eugene Brandon Storm (AND ILL GET YOU IF YOU CALL ME ANYTHING OTHER THAN BRAINSTORM)

Quirk: (as I do on all SH games) my quirk gives me the ability to read thoughts to some point and also to use my own mind to do some cool moves: like creating outer shocks (just average shocking) or inner shocks (shocking someone's thoughts) or expecting someone's move before he does it, at some point, I'll gain new skills with my power like teleportation and summoning and probably I can even do the great BRAIN STORM move (which I will not explain now), of course, I can fly like most superheroes.

Suit: My suit is exactly like that of my profile picture, but less round and more... suitable

Backstory: flash and invisible woman in a nutshell I was born as an orphan, I only lived with my mother (so that you know, an orphan doesn't have to have both his parents dead) until I was 8 where she... went with the wind to a better place, I did average jobs until I decided to apply for the super hero fuck school or whatever because of the cool superpowers I just discovered.

Other: I like pizza and lasagna, they are the superior race
    Oh, and, I have something that gives me a warning when someone is about to do a big move, basically negative adrenaline detection, so I can usually expect when someone's about to stab me when I'm asleep
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

An RiR-rated game, cool

Name: LAYENSTORM Eugene Brandon Storm (AND ILL GET YOU IF YOU CALL ME ANYTHING OTHER THAN BRAINSTORM)

Quirk: (as I do on all SH games) my quirk gives me the ability to read thoughts to some point and also to use my own mind to do some cool moves: like creating outer shocks (just average shocking) or inner shocks (shocking someone's thoughts) or expecting someone's move before he does it, at some point, I'll gain new skills with my power like teleportation and summoning and probably I can even do the great BRAIN STORM move (which I will not explain now), of course, I can fly like most superheroes.

Suit: My suit is exactly like that of my profile picture, but less round and more... suitable

Backstory: flash and invisible woman in a nutshell I was born as an orphan, I only lived with my mother (so that you know, an orphan doesn't have to have both his parents dead) until I was 8 where she... went with the wind to a better place, I did average jobs until I decided to apply for the super hero fuck school or whatever because of the cool superpowers I just discovered.

Oh, and, I have something that gives me a warning when someone is about to do a big move, basically negative adrenaline detection, so I can usually expect when someone's about to stab me when I'm asleep

About the backstory;

You don't have to "discover" your powers. They're often discovered when they're very young - at least, how I understood the anime.

And, about that added warning system; That seems like it should be a part of your Quirk.
    C҉a҉n҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉ ҉f҉e҉e҉l҉ ҉t҉h҉e҉ ҉d҉a҉r҉k҉n҉e҉s҉s҉ ҉c҉r҉a҉w҉l҉i҉n҉g҉ ҉w҉i҉t҉h҉ ҉y҉o҉u҉r҉ ҉s҉i҉n҉s҉?҉
    Sure, suit yourself

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time

Sure, suit yourself

You, uh, do have to edit your app.
    edited July 3
    An RiR-rated game, cool

Backstory: flash and invisible woman in a nutshell I was born as an orphan, I only lived with my mother (so that you know, an orphan doesn't have to have both his parents dead) until I was 8 where she... went with the wind to a better place, I did average jobs until I decided to apply for the super hero fuck school or whatever because of the cool superpowers I have

Post edited by Brainstorm on

An RiR-rated game, cool

Alright, but you still didn't fix the part of the "cool superpowers you just discovered." You would have discovered your Quirk at a very young age, like I mentioned above.

Also, a bit of a lore thing I forgot to mention; People born with Quirks are in the wide majority of the planet, being 80% of the world's population and still increasing. Knowledge of Quirks is a very public fare, so no worrying about people freaking out because SUPERPOWERZ ARE REEL.
    Edited it

I bet I'll make people freak out because my super powers will get all the girls to the yard super villains and fans!

Approved . . . I suppose.

Let's wait for, say, 1 more person?

Nobody's gonna be freaking out, nor will you attract supervillains/fans purely through your Quirk, however. Especially since the vast majority of the planet has Quirks, and a good amount of them will be far flashier and stronger.