Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Forces of Nature

ViniVini Posts: 2,531Member ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, and welcome to my first and last forum game!

But Vini, what abou- First. And last. I'm a fantastic liar and you can't use the truth against me.

But Vini, we have too many forum games already.
... Okay, I can agree on that one. BUT. We are getting more picky about the games we play, so only the good ones survive. And hey, isn't that all right? Besides, I won't insist on this one if it fails.

Now, with that out of the way, I bring you...

Forces of Nature RPG

Not yet another Forum Game

• Okay, you got me this far. What is it about?
Am I glad you asked.
This world is called Gerdana. Unknown date, because the one civilization that went through the trouble of making a calendar doesn't use it for anything. Somewhat pointless to do so, given that time and space aren't guaranteed to behave perfectly. Sometimes, even reasonably. Not that this is too much of a problem. The inconsistency of time, space, matter and energy is a natural occurrence here.
All life is used to the sporadic chaos.

The real problem is when these events become too common. Weird happens. It just shouldn’t stay there after happening.
This disturbance in nature breaks the balance of Gerdana, threatening the entire world.
Enter the Heroes! Joining forces with the Forces themselves, they will stop whatever, or whoever, is responsible for this, and bring peace back to Gerdana!

"Wow. If that ending wasn't cheesy, I don't know what is."
  • Cool. How do I play it?
Fill out this form.
Name:
Element: Null is acceptable. You'll have a chance to pick one later.
Race:
Class:
Appearance: Elaborate a little on how you imagine your character to be. A few lines shall suffice.
Background: Every soul has a story. What's yours?
  • Wait, element? Class? RACE? You never said anything about that!
Oh my, you're right. How did I manage to forget that? Please, right this way.

Races:
In order:
The race's name (and plural), their perks and drawbacks (stats and more), what classes they can't be and a description.

Human (Humans): Standard everything.
Can't Class: Cannon, Spirit
Humans are humans. Homo sapiens and all that. As you may expect, the most well-balanced and noob player-friendly race.

Hog (Hogs): +Mgt +Blk / -Wis -Ref(-2% to all bonuses)
Can't Class: Thief, Cannon
Hogs are hogs. ... Like, y'know, pigs. Okay, not exactly pigs. They're more like pig people. Humanoids, like every other race, with hog-like features. Ears and snout, tail, pink skin, slightly shorter and heftier than humans, clearly stronger, noticeably slower and completely naked. As in, no hair at all. For that reason, they usually wear wigs and the like.

Arfranus (Arfrani): ++Dex +Flight / -Sta -Blk
Can't Class: Fighter, Brawler
All things considered, the most human-like non-human race. Some may disagree. Regardless, what they do have in differences is their wings, coming out of their shoulder blades, pointy ears, bird-like legs with four talons and feathers along with hair. Okay, never mind. They're a lot different than humans, but on the flip side they usually have a beautiful face. Arguably the weakest race, but also the swiftest. Also have a weird fetish for humans, and no your character can not be a crossbred get out.

Areshina (Areshinnen): +Wis +Breath underwater / -Dex -Dry
Can't Class: Archer, Fighter
Merpeople. Inside bodies of water, their legs merge into a tail, therefore it goes without saying that they're excellent swimmers. On land the scales gluing the legs together separate, but it takes a while until they're fully able to walk comfortably. Despite being able to breath above and under water, they may asphyxiate on really dry weather.

Deku (Deku): +WPw +Mna / -Dex -Fire
Can't Class: Thief, Archer
Tree people. What? Zelda rip off? Well, of course! Wasn't that obvious? Anyway, they're made of wood and leaves and/or grass. Somewhat resistant to physical damage, and a natural affinity for magic also offer extra defenses. Xenophobic to a Tree, partially because of pride, but the main reason is fear of what could happen. As expected, fire is a natural enemy, but as expected, they love the Sun. If photosynthesis is unavailable, for whatever reason, raw sugar is always a nice alternative.

Phorae (Phoron): +Wis +Blk / -WPw -Damp -Easier to corrupt
Can Class: All
Humanoid flames. That's it. They're literally made of fire. Well, okay, fine. They're more like fire slime people. Have a core, usually kept in the head or chest, made of a "impossible to melt" rock. Air quotes are there for a reason. Rain and strong winds aren't much of a problem. It might sting a little, but won't kill them. Of course, though, the fire can go out, but as long as the core is unscathed, they don't die. The core must be heated up again to reignite their bodies, so it's extremely risky for them to explore dangerous areas alone.

Felinade (Felinade): +Dex +Ref(+3% to all bonuses) / --Mgt
Can't Class: Mage, Brawler
Cat people. Meow. Hanya~n. Ears, legs, tail, furry. Instincts, flexibility and a goddamned habit of sleeping on everything they shouldn't. If their heads get through a hole with mild difficulty, they can squeeze the rest of their body just fine. Great reflexes and a faster healing factor than most, to compensate for their pitiful physical strength. May or may not puke hairballs.

Caninade (Caninade): +Sta +Mgt / -Wis -WPw
Can't Class: Mage, Cleric
Dog people. Woof woof. Arf. Ears, legs, tail, furry. Instincts, speed and surprisingly not as loyal as actual dogs. Still way more loyal than other races. Stronger and quicker than humans, but not stronger than Hogs or quicker than Arfrani. Will invariably bury your shoes when you most need them.

Automaton (Automatons): ++WPw / --Mna
Can't Class: Spirit, Cleric
What's left of a people as old as spacetime itself. Legend has it they were made in the Forces' own image. Skin, hair, eyes, teeth, they appear human-like due to the synthetic nature of their surface, but their innards are entirely mechanical. Not designed with sleep in mind, their only need is charging. Sometimes a electricity-imbued crystal, or a more traditional way if magic is unavailable. As a last resort, they may go for Sunlight. It isn't really the least efficient, but it's kinda awkward to have a huge panel coming out of your chest. What? Didn't I mention they also have feelings?

Elements:
  • Air
  • Water
  • Earth
  • Fire
  • Light
  • Shadow
  • Time
  • Space
  • Chaos
  • Life

Classes:
Fighter: A basic blade user. Needs at least one arm to swing a weapon.
Brawler: A basic fist user. Needs hands to deliver punches.
Archer: A basic arrow user. Needs two arms to hold a bow and arrow.
Mage: A basic magic user. It’s magic! I ain’t gotta explain shit!
Cleric: A basic pain breaker. Uses spells to postpone their allies’ death.
Thief: A basic law breaker. Uses cunning to steal for their benefit.
Cannon: A basic jaw breaker. Uses parts of their own body as projectiles.
Spirit: A basic matter breaker. Uses dematerialization to possess people or objects.
Seer: An advanced non-blind entity. The link between Forces and the world.

Comments

• ViniVini Posts: 2,531Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 7
    blehbleh body is too long
    • And those "stats" are...?
    Stamina (Sta): Your vitality. If it reaches zero, you faint. You automatically wake up with 20% of your maximum stamina two hours after being knocked out.
    In other words: HP
    Mana (Mna): Your energy. Every action more complex than walking uses Mana. Rest to restore some. Eat something to speed up the process.
    In other words: SP/MP
    Might (Mgt): Your physical strength. Determines how hard you hit with fists or melee weapons and how much you can lift.
    In other words: Strength/Attack
    Bulk (Blk): Your resilience to physical damage. Determines how much of a beating you can sustain and how much you can carry.
    In other words: Defense
    Wisdom (Wis): Your understanding of the world. Determines how effective your magic is and whether you can tell a bee from a wasp.
    In other words: Magic/Intelligence
    Willpower (WPw): Your mental strength. Determines how many spells it takes to take you down and whether seeing unspeakable horrors can shatter your psyche.
    In other words: Magic Defense
    Dexterity (Dex): Your combat skill. Determines how proficient you are at your battle style, how fast you execute your action and your chances of landing a critical blow.
    In other words: Agility/Crit
    Reflex (Ref): Your odds of evading attacks. Default is 5%. Stacks multiplicatively.
    In other words: Dodge

Oh, and before I forget, you may start alone or with a party. If you pick the latter, be sure to explain how it comes about in your background. Party members can be NPCs or other players. (NPCs will be randomly generated if not specified.)

Also, a little geography in case you feel a bit lost.
    Continent (home to)

Garaia (Humans, Hogs, Felinade, Caninade, Arfrani): The biggest piece of land, and the most populated. You may find countries where the first four races live together, but it's less common the further from the biggest cities you go. A mountain range that separates the continent is home to the Arfrani.
    Ev'ropa (Deku): Actually part of the above's, but it's even farther than the mountains that stretches across Garaia from more populated areas, so to most it's all but a new continent. The Deku prefer it this way.
    Helliken (Areshinnen): A tropical archipelago. Few actually live above waters, but enjoy spending time there. There are communities deep underwater, home to the more conservative. Oh no, did I just politics?
    Banxara (Phoron, Automatons): The seconds biggest piece of land on Gerdana, but nowhere near as populated as Garaia, mostly because it's so inhospitable. Whenever you don't find volcanoes, you'll probably find deserts. The few forested areas are home to very unique (and powerful) creatures.

Some extra stuff may appear(s) here later, but whether it'll be stuff like a bestiary, rules, or even a FAQ, that I can't promise. now.

Okay hints and stuff because what the hell the author was thinking about when he made this

Your element is not your story

The element you choose needs not be what you use. It has less to do with what powers you get and more with what Force aids you (or seeks yours).
    It is actually not a bad idea to specialize in two elements. Most likely scenario you just have a second option, but later on things could get way better.
    Either way, you'll get powers related to your chosen element sooner or later.

Imagination is the limit

I left information about this game's setting ambiguous on purpose.
    As the player, you get to freely choose your character's past and present. How they overcome obstacles is just as simple or as complicated as you wish it to be.
    The unwritten rules are flexible so you may bend them to your will. The answer to a Y/N question can always be "maybe", so don't be shy to see how much bullshit I'm willing to put up with.

All that glitters ain't gold

This is one thing I should've really made clear. Gold is the name of Gerdana's currency. It doesn't have to necessarly be made of gold, it's just different sized coins for different values. For sake of simplicity, players, NPCs and monsters will always have the exact change when money is concerned. "That's nonsense", you ask? Okay, the explanation is "an Alchemist did it."

That's all, folks! Come one, come all!
    Post edited by Vini on

• UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,732Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Ui'Kah
    Element: Chaos
    Race: Phorae
    Class: Mage
    Appearance: The rock is in their left arm, for some reason. Everything about them seems... lopsided and unbalanced. He has great hair though, it's just fantastic.
    Background: A wandering mage, Kinda mysterious and silent. They do what they want, when they want. Argue with them? You get hit. Diplomacy is only used at a point of intense weakness, Such as getting his(Do these guys have genders?) ass handed to him. Half of his closer friends say he's an orphan. The other half says he killed them.

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,652Member ✭✭✭✭
    Name: Brainstorm
    Element: Chaos
    Race: Caninide
    Class: Spirit
    Appearance: Like all caninides, a dog on two legs, but a rare blue caninide, my claws are big because I never cut my fingernails.. I don't think I can provide more information than you can of a normal caninide, besides that I am a little taller and maybe stronger.

Backstory: I used to be the caninide city's favourite merchant and also a mechanical engineer, everybody bought from me as I sold stuff much cheaper, sometimes that brings me a loss, but I don't care... being a very rare kind of caninide, I was always a target for human hunters when I went on marketting trips... and so it happened, I was hunted and now I am a spirit. I had a small underground room which nobody knew it existed, this is where I reside now as a spirit; dim lighting, some machinery to help me building... did I mention that the items I sold were the ones I built? Yeah, I make mechanical stuff, not really good for a magical class? Don't be a hypocrite, a spirit does what a spirit loves to do.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
    @Uiomancant

First of all, yes, they do have genders. All races but the Automatons have a physical sex. Though I'll admit the Phoron are... Difficult. But your character can be male, through and through, no problem.

Secondly, I like that you had the Core be somewhere unusual and picked Chaos for your element.
    No, no need to worry. I just liked it is all.

Third. Confirmed.

@Brainstorm

Ah, so you're dead? Be aware that that won't save you being killed.
    Just saying you could've been a Spirit and alive. It really makes no difference for this class.
    But Confirmed anyhow.

Still sorting out a few things, but games will probably begin tomorrow.

I don't understand how a spirit can be alive, but fine, I'll just be a mechanical engineer selling my objects every now and then who is also a spirit. I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION HOW A SPIRIT CAN BE ALIVE

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    @Uiomancant

Stats
    Level 1, 0 EXP

Sta: 28/28
    Mna: 50/50
    Mgt: 6
    Blk: 8
    Wis: 11
    WPw: 5
    Dex: 10
    Ref: 5%

Items and Money
    Tarnished Baxa Robes (+1 WPw, +Fire resistance)
    Melted Iron Scepter (+2 Wis, +10 Mna)
    Free Space: 2 slots
    Gold: 100 G

Spells
    Nature I: 1 Base damage, 2 Mana. A weak blast of pure energy.
    Fireball: 2 Base damage, 5 Mana. Throws a small orb of fire at your enemy.
    Fira: 3 Base damage, 8 Mana. Blasts your target's general vicinity with flames.

((Bonuses from armor and weapon already calculated.))

You wake up after a not-so-short nap you took among large rocks. Not the best sleep you've ever had, but it did hide you from most angles.

Checking your belongings, you prepare for another day of walking and surviving.
    Far into the northeast, you can see a small town, which you don't remember visiting. It would be nice if you found a blacksmith there, your scepter could use some repair.
    Then again, you did fight off some magma slimes last night and didn't even break a sweat. You could stock up with some Gold before going about spending it.

@Brainstorm

Stats
    Level 1, 0 EXP

Sta: 30/30
    Mna: 40/40
    Mgt: 7
    Blk: 9
    Wis: 6
    WPw: 5
    Dex: 9

Items and Money
    Spirit Veil (+1 Blk, Wis-based chance to take no damage)
    Free Space: 3 slots
    Gold: 1500 G

((Bonuses from armor and weapon already calculated.
    "How a spirit can be alive", you ask? Well, I ask, why can't one? The class definition says Spirits are "basic matter breakers who use dematerialization to possess people or objects." There's no requirement about being dead.
    You'll see that being dead won't really change much, exactly because you picked this class.))

After learning that you have to meditate instead of sleep, now that you're dead, you spend the rest of the night resting.

The day after, you wake up. It's been two days since you were killed. For some reason, even after death, you remain on this world. Not wanting your life to spiral into an existential crisis, you returned to doing your job.
    Strangely, you have no trouble keeping a physical form, but you get the feeling you could phase through solid materials if you tried hard enough.

By now, the whole city knows you're missing, but noone suspects you were killed. Noticing you still cast a shadow, you realize you're not invisible, so maybe you could get back to running your shop.
    That's sure to surprise some people. Then again, maybe you feel like doing something else.

Hm, I thought I said that I changed my mind
    Well, fine, I'm dead.

I don't have a shop, I just go around every now and then with a cart full of tools and stuff and sell them, then I return to my basement to build more tools.

"Hammers, hammers, hammers, hoes, hammers... yeah, I'm ready for a new day, no special tools now I suppose, not in a good mood to be creative, and creativity needs a good mood...."

I leave my basement, get my cart and stuff it with all the tools I got

"I hope I get enough customers to get me enough food for the day, that will definitely happen, because I don't even need to eat anymore.."

I set off to sell my shit.

@Brainstorm
    ((You did, but I'd have to reallocate some of your stats, and I was already done with the introduction. Besides, like I said, being dead makes no difference for a Spirit.))

You take your cart out and walk around the city. The Sun hasn't completely risen yet, so the streets are mostly empty. You know all those people, but none of them are exactly your friends. Those who look at your direction wave or nod and get back to their routine.

You spot old man Adam leaving his house. Hey, that's carpenter Adam! He buys stuff from you almost every day. You go there and try your luck.

Adam: "Ho ho, it's Brainstorm! Didn't see you at all yesterday! And this dog here still has top-notch vision. Hah! Tell me, boy, where were you?"
    Despite his claims, his eyes have seen better days. Literally. Still, it looks like he didn't notice anything weird about you. Which only makes your death all more intriguing.

"Well, I died, and I'm a ghost now, so I'm striving to earn my liv... erm... dying, and how are you? All I got today is hammers, sorry I can't get you any cool stuff today, I was gonna make you a special robot that goes around you and carries your stuff for you and make you a discount"

@Brainstorm
    Adam: "You... Are dead?"
    He doesn't believe it at first, but he knows you'd never play a prank on the poor old man, would you?
    "Well, talk about a healthy young one! You look more alive than I do. If you ever feel like sharing this story, I'd be glad to hear it.
    Some other day, of course. We have work to do. Stay safe!
    "

He bids you farewell and you get back to walking around the city. A farmer couple buys hoe and hammer for 8 Gold, but other than that, you don't get many customers.
    Some do stop by to ask you about your being missing. You tell them you're now a ghost, a few of them causing a short-lived commotion. All in all, it's nothing too otherworldly, and people get used to the new you quickly.

It's almost lunch time now. Do you keep trying to sell your goods or take a break? The city square must be pretty crowded now, and there's the new pub a few blocks ahead.

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,844Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Name: Karaion
    Element: Fire
    Race: Human
    Class: Mage
    Appearance: Natural red hair in a style that looks similar to a flame, with blue eyes and a ski-slope nose. Some stubble on his chin, and a scar on the right side of his face, under his eye.
    Background: ((WARNING: LONG-ASS THING.))

His father was a fire mage who, out of his 3 sons, chose Karaion to be his apprentice, training him in fire magic. Before that, he really was a normal kid - however, that feeling of power he got when he grew in power . . . it changed him. He became more hot-headed, prone to violence, and controlling. His siblings noticed what was going on, and tried to get him back down to earth; however, they were pushed away every single time.

"Out of my way," he demanded every single time.

One fateful time, however, they refused. They saw that feeling of power was corrupting him. However, while they refused to get out of his way, it was Karaion who got the first blow. A battle occurred. Their father eventually came to break up the conflict, but damage was dealt; one of his brothers, Koron, got permanent burn marks on the left side of his face, and Karaion himself got a scar under his right eye. Eventually, it became too much for him - he ran away, at the age of 18.

He decided he didn't need them. He didn't need anyone. Eventually, he ran away from his home - a small village near the southern edge of Garaia.

It has been 2 years since he ran away, and he's become fairly experienced with the wilderness - however, without his father, he hasn't gotten much more training with the potent element he controls.
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
    Onwards to the town, they could possibly have things for me. Before I leave I'll check for more magma slimes, usually if you find them somewhere there's a nest not too far away.

@¤RunninginReverse¤

Stats
    Level 1, 0 EXP

Sta: 27
    Mna: 45
    Mgt: 6
    Blk: 7
    Wis: 9
    WPw: 6
    Dex: 11

Items and Money
    Old Clothes (+1 Dex, +1 Slot space)
    Quas Wand (+1 Wis, +5 Mna, -50% Mana consumption)
    Free Space: 3 slots
    Gold: 50 G

Spells
    Fireball: 2 Base damage, 5 Mana Throws a small orb of fire at your enemy.
    Firebullet: 2 Base damage, 7 Mana Shoots a tiny orb at high speeds. Increased chances to crit.
    Firage: 6 Base damage, 15 Mana Blasts the user's general vicinity with flames.

((Bonuses from armor and weapon already calculated.
    And because you'll probably be the first one to score a crit thanks to that spell, lemme tell you right now that crits are no game breakers. I'll leave it at that.))

You wake up in your tree house you built who knows how many months ago. Well, it's actually more of a tree room, but it gets the job done. Being a wild mage is no easy life, but it's the life you chose.

You had nothing to eat last night, and your stomach rightfully demands to be filled. You set up home on a very quiet area, but you know these woods like you know your face. You'll find some small creatures eventually if you head north.
    But to the east you can make out a few mountains. The ones that separate Garaia and Ev'ropa. There are sure to be lots of birds over yonder, and that's closer to you than the usual spot you find animals. The odds you'll run into someone, especially an Arfranus, are also higher.

@Uiomancant

You decide to look around for more Slimes before hitting town. They eat all kinds of stuff, which means they could be loaded with Gold.
    You spot a small Magma Slime atop a rock. Must've hatched recently, so the nest is most likely just behind it. You walk at it, trying to make as little noise as possible.
    You stop at 10 meters from it. Close enough that you can hit it, not too close for it to notice you.

Fearlessly head off to the east, preparing my spells and my wand.

((By the way, just got a random idea, you can use it or not. Gonna PM you it.))
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited July 3
    I'll just casually walk up to it, use my sceptre as a golf club and bat it away. while it's in the air I'll fireball it.

@¤RunninginReverse¤

Determined to have chicken for breakfast, you head east, your wand at the ready.
    Unsurprisingly, you find nothing but trees until you hit a clearance that leads to the mountains.
    The closest one to you too small to be called a mountain, but a little too tall to be a hill.

It's name isn't important now, though, because you find an unsuspecting sparrow. It's quite exposed for an area that commonly has so many birds of prey.
    Guess you are their competition now.

@Uiomancant

You have an idea so ludicrous you can't not try it.
    Nonchalantly approaching the Slime, you club it, sending it to air. Before it can even start falling you blast it with a Fireball. Mana: 45/50
    A single, thin slab of rock falls on the ground. That thing was so young it was still partially an egg. You got 5 EXP.

Turns out the nest it came from is as old as Slime's nest get. One egg is almost hatching while other three shake a little, but look like they might take a few minutes.
    One "adult", if it even makes sense to call a Slime it, is guarding the eggs, and as far as you can tell, it's not one bit happy that you killed its kid. Unfortunately for it, it's too far from you to attack you directly, so it rolls to the side and creeps at you.

Roast 'im immediately with a Fireball.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    While it slinks towards me, I'll strafe it, to get to its eggs, leading it away then sprinting for them. Then I'll cast Fira near them, hoping to shatter them

Why is fire effective against these guys anyway? I don't even understand this.

I show some people myself while going through a wall, then I just keep selling my stuff in the town square where it is crowded, food can wait, but not customers

@¤RunninginReverse¤

You point your wand at the bird and cast Fireball. Mana: 42/45
    As soon as the death-shaped orb leaves your reach, the sparrow jumps down and flies away, barely escaping the hawk that came for it. But it wasn't all for nothing. You hit the rear side of the hawk just as it tried to fly after the other bird, and it promptly crashes on the ground, breathing heavily.

For some reason the sparrow came back and landed on a branch, eyeing you intently. It looks scared, as if it doesn't know what to do.

@Uiomancant
    ((Well, that's the thing. Fire is not effective against fire creatures. It's just that they're so weak, damage resistance becomes irrelevant.))

You lure the Magma Slime away from its spawns. It's too dumb to realize your plan so it goes after you. Once too far, you dash at the nest and cast Fira. Mana: 37/50
    Small sparks flash around the almost hatched egg, which is soon after engulfed in flames. The fire quickly spreads in all directions before going out.
    The targeted egg crumbles as Slime soup oozes out of it. You got 2 EXP. The others roll away from force of the explosion, not taking much damage, but you notice cracks that weren't there before.

Furious, the adult Slime lunges at you, but the distance between you resulted in a glancing blow, so you take no damage.

@Brainstorm

You go to the square, attempting to impress onlookers by phasing through a wall. Too bad you still can't quite control your "soliditude", so to speak. You only manage to stick half your arm in. They applaud you because that's still impressive on its own. You don't see a Spirit everyday, it takes years of dedication to use this class effectively.
    Guess you got lucky in death.

The square is unexpectedly full of tourists today. You don't remember the mayor announcing any events for at least a month.
    Or was it last month? That would explain it.
    Regardless, today you have great opportunities. You could: do magic tricks with your intangible arms; sell your more fancy tools as souvenirs to the visitors; tell stories! It might not be directly profitable, but you're a minor celebrity. Who knows what good you might be doing to your city if you say the right thing to the right person?

Why not all three?
    I'll open a small stand in the square, a stand with wheels, and on the sign, I'm offering magic shows every 15 minutes, special souveniers, and I tell stories every 35 minutes

Another Fireball to take it out.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    @Brainstorm

The afternoon goes by and your profits go up. The kids mostly enjoyed the small tricks you did, like hiding a coin in your palm and making it "disappear", only for it to pop out behind one of their ears.
    Many people gave you tips for the shows, and the several stories you had to tell piqued the interest of quite some others. But in the end, it was your random items sold as souvenirs that got you the most Gold. 153, to be exact.
    One merchant from a neighbor town said he'd be pleased to discuss business with you some other day. "I'll be back when things have settled down.", he said before leaving.

The Sun will be setting in a few minutes, and you feel tired. Must be all that intangibility stuff.

@¤RunninginReverse¤

Without thinking twice, you quickly Fireball it again. Mana: 39/45
    The hawk is burned semialive, granting you 3 EXP. The sparrow flies off, most likely not wanting to become dessert.
    Survival of the fittest, right? You loot a roasted hawk.

After it lunges at me, I'll decide to take it more seriously and just use my sceptre as a mace, and try to dislodge as much of its body as possible by swinging it horizontally.

Eat my roasted hawk happily.

While eating, I start thinking - it's been hard surviving out in the wilderness, and I haven't run into as many animals of any kind as I'd like around here. Birds are plentiful in this area, but it might be much better if I went off and found a village.

Perhaps, soon.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited July 4
    @Uiomancant

You hold your scepter at head height and swing it. Mana: 35/50
    You're not exactly the strongest Phorae out there, neither is your weapon the most powerful club. And fire-based creatures such as you or that Slime usually tank physical attacks better than magical ones.
    Despite all that, you still manage to swat it aside for 2 damage.
    Magma Slime: 8/10 Sta

You learned a new Attack:
    Scepter Swing: 2 Base damage, 2 Mana Why are you clubbing stuff with that?

Now within attack range, the Slime... Spits? A small flame and jumps at you.
    Magma Slime: 9/14 Mna
    It crashes on you and rolls back. It actually stung a bit this time. You took 1 damage. Stamina: 27/28

@¤RunninginReverse¤

You have breakfast joyfully while considering whether it's time you move somewhere more... Well, somewhere you can at least find food easier.

Done with half of the bird, your otherwise quiet meal is interrupted by two short chirps.
    "This one, Jackie?", a soft yet serious voice asks.
    One single tweet. You warily look behind you to find the same sparrow you saw before on the finger of an Arfranus.

"What do you want?" I ask with a hint of irritation, saving the rest for later.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    @¤RunninginReverse¤

"The hawk.", they answer, drily. "That was my game."
    Now that you turned you can see the Arfranus clearly.
    The first thing you notice is that they're a woman. You can go on and give yourself the excuse that it's on the same level as her wings, do as you please.
    The second thing you notice is the bow on her left hand. Ah, that's what she meant by game. Apparently, she was hunting the hawk you immolated. Well talk about competition.

"Oh."

I glance at the remaining meat I have. I doubt he means any true ill will to me . . . plus, I'm pretty much full.

". . . You can have the rest, I guess."

I offer the rest of the meat to them. "Already cooked, for, uh . . ." I create a fireball in my hand, but don't attack anyone with it. ((Purely aesthetic, would be great if this didn't cost Mana.)) "Obvious reasons."
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    @¤RunninginReverse¤

"Where's the thrill in that?", you think you heard she say, but she takes the food anyway. Must have been hungry as well.
    She grabs a pouch and turn it over, dropping all the few seeds inside, and the sparrow jumps to the ground to eat them.

You form a Fireball that is soon dispelled because of your wish to not spend Mana on something so trivial. Did you even know you could do that?
    Still digging into the hawk, she looks at the flame orb and scorns. "Hmph. You city folk and your stupid habit of killing meat twice."