Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How to do your very first run

ogamecookieogamecookie Posts: 3Member
Hi there you people,

Yesterday I started to play cookie clicker for the very first time.
And well after seeing this forum it seems there is much more to this game then at first sight.

And after playing some more I have a few questions.
- In the first run should you focus on buildings and active play and don't buy the upgrades?
- If you decide to buy upgrades there is a cat how gives more cps for milk. Only how the f... do you get milk?
- I noticed the game does not continue when I close the browser of shutdown the laptop. Is it possible to keep the game running when you turn of your laptop? ( I selected the option that allows offline play, that didn't seem to make a difference ).

And when i finally hit the 1 trillion cookies, what seems to take forever....boring...should you ascend immediatily or just wait a bit more?

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 592Member ✭✭✭
    In my first run, I usually get upgrades.

You get Milk by getting different acheivments

Cats can give some insane cps boosts, so I recommend them.

I wouldn't ascend right after 1 Trillion, as you can get more stuff/heavenly upgrades with more ascension levels.

And with those levels, you can get Legacy, which allows you to get Twin Gates of transcendence, which allows the game to run while shut down.

Hope that helped.
    "What just happened?" -Me

• ogamecookieogamecookie Posts: 3Member
    Ah so in the beginning it's taking a lot of time idl'n with the pc and browser running :P
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 592Member ✭✭✭
    Not for nothing, it IS classified as an "Idle Game" :1
    "What just happened?" -Me

• ogamecookieogamecookie Posts: 3Member
    Yeah I know, still would be nice to sometimes just turn of the pc and the game would have still be running.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 524Member ✭✭✭

Yeah I know, still would be nice to sometimes just turn of the pc and the game would have still be running.

There is actually no reason why this couldn't be implemented, if Orteil chose to do so. It wouldn't really be running of course, but when you started it up again it would pick up from where you left off, adding in a number of cookies equal to CpS times the length of time the game was closed.