Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How long should I wait to pop the wrinklers?

RyoPlayzRyoPlayz Posts: 4Member
Should I be waiting something like 30min-1hr, or something closer to 6hr-8hr?
Tagged:

Answers

• Ian5Ian5 Posts: 109Member ✭✭
    However long I think. I'm not exactly pro, but I'm pretty sure its a passive buff type thing, no diminishing returns.
    Pearl has the best pics
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 461Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    Have a look at this quite long thread, from quite some time back:

http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14876/when-to-pop-wrinklers#latest

In a nutshell, there is no single answer to the question of how long a wrinkler should be allowed to persist before popping it. It depends on several factors, most notably how far you are into the run. This is because popping a wrinkler represents a temporary loss of production until it respawns, hence represents a loss of a certain number of cookies. To justify popping, you need to be able to use the cookies released from popping the wrinkler to buy buildings or upgrades that increase production, and the cost of doing so increases as the run progresses,

I devised a formula to calculate the optimum lifetime, and I have found that towards the end of a long run, it can be 10 hours or longer. That's referring to how long EACH wrinkler should survive. in other words, after that time they should all be popped and allowed to respawn. Earlier in the run, though, the break-even time is much shorter.

If you have Choc Egg unlocked, and it's near the end of the run, you pobably should not be popping the wrinklers at all until the very end of the run, for the simple reason that you won't be using the cookies that are released to buy anything, but rather leaving them in the bank to get the maximum benefit from Choc egg at the end. Given that, they may as well stay inside the bodies of the wrinklers.
  • RyoPlayzRyoPlayz Posts: 4Member

Have a look at this quite long thread, from quite some time back:

http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14876/when-to-pop-wrinklers#latest

In a nutshell, there is no single answer to the question of how long a wrinkler should be allowed to persist before popping it. It depends on several factors, most notably how far you are into the run. This is because popping a wrinkler represents a temporary loss of production until it respawns, hence represents a loss of a certain number of cookies. To justify popping, you need to be able to use the cookies released from popping the wrinkler to buy buildings or upgrades that increase production, and the cost of doing so increases as the run progresses,

I devised a formula to calculate the optimum lifetime, and I have found that towards the end of a long run, it can be 10 hours or longer. That's referring to how long EACH wrinkler should survive. in other words, after that time they should all be popped and allowed to respawn. Earlier in the run, though, the break-even time is much shorter.

If you have Choc Egg unlocked, and it's near the end of the run, you pobably should not be popping the wrinklers at all until the very end of the run, for the simple reason that you won't be using the cookies that are released to buy anything, but rather leaving them in the bank to get the maximum benefit from Choc egg at the end. Given that, they may as well stay inside the bodies of the wrinklers.

This is my save file so far:

Mi4wMDJ8fDE0OTQxNjUxODIxNjg7MTQ5NDE2NTE4MjE2ODsxNDk1Mjc4OTY0NTM2O0NydW5jaHkgQm

95fMOnwr3CpQZ8Mzc1NDMzMzkwODIzODI2Ny41OzQ0NTk3NjQxMTcyNzk3MjEwOzczNDkwOzI4OTsx

MjQ0MjA5MjQ5MTc5MTM4LjI7NDI2MzswOzA7MDszOzE7MDswOy0xOzA7Mjg5OzI4NjI2NTY1Njg3OTE2

MTQuNTsxMzQ7MDswOzA7MDs7MjAxODI3MDg1MzM3MzsyOzA7MDswOzA7MDstMTstMTstMTstMTst

MTswOzA7MDswOzM1OzA7MDt8MjAwLDIwMCw5NzM4MjE1MTY4MDgzMSwwOzIwMCwyMDAsMjMzMzE

5NjMzMDcyNTAyLDA7MTUwLDE1MSwxMTY2NjAzMDE0MjEsMDsxNTAsMTUwLDM4MzAyNjQ3NTg2NCw

wOzE1MCwxNTAsMTU0NzYzODExODcxMCwwOzE0MywxNDMsNjI0MDA2MDUxMzMxMiwwOzEwMCwxM

DAsMjc5MDM5NzA5NjczMTMsMDs4MCw4MCw3MDQ2OTg5NDI3ODk2NywwOzYwLDYwLDI3MTc3MDk0

NDYyNzQ2OCwwOzUxLDUxLDYwODQyMTc1OTM2MjI2OCwwOzQzLDQzLDE4NjAzMDI1NjQyMjM0NDUs

MDsyMCwyMCw1NDYxNTQ1MDI1NjE5MTcwLDA7MTQsMTQsNDQ4MDk4NjIxMTg2MDU5OCwwOzIsMiw

xMjQyMDU3MjE2MTYyMzIxLDA7fMOnwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/CvsOnwrPCv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/C

v8OmwoPCv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cv8Onwr/Cr8OnwrPCvMOmwozCv8OkwrDCgMOkwrzCg8Onwr7Cj8OnwrD

CgMOnwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoLCoMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOmw

oDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwrvCv8OkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwr/CvMOnwr

/Cs8OnwrzCj8OnwoDCqsOmwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOnwoDCgMOkwo

DCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOk

woDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOkwoDCgMOhwoDCgHzDp8K/wrDDpMK/wrzDpMK/wrvDp8K/wr3DpsK

kwqfDpcK9wpXDpMKSwoDDpMK7wqDDpMKcwoTDpMKDwoDDpMKGwoDDpMKEwoDDpMK8wrnDpsKAw

oDDpMKAwqDDpMKAwoDDpMKBwqDDpMKEwoDDpMKAwoY%3D%21END%21