Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Dashnet RPG (Dashnet's Greatest Forum Game of All Time)

Comments

• McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    i open the package! but be cautious, it could be dangerous!
    I am currently alive, as i was dead.....
    to those who knew me IM BACK! BABY!
    to those who never met me.... hi?
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2017

Skin the corpse, too. Wolf pelts are valuable, rite?

You skin it and keep the pelt
    +1 Wolf Pelt (Class "OK")
    Vini said:

Oh, right. Mail. The Emperor did say I was to receive a letter.
    Didn't he also say something about it being my last day as Royal Guard? Or was it the man reporting a dog lost to flood?
    I sigh, knowing that as much as I pay attention to every word spoken within those walls, if it really can not be considered a threat, I'll forget it at the end of the day.

I take the letter and enter my apartment, checking on the egg I left there earlier.
    "... Wait. Egg?"

That's right. I was sent an egg this morning.
    I stare at the shell. It's roughly half the size of my head.
    It still has the same shape as before. Well, if it didn't hatch yet...
    I gather some wood for the fireplace and open the letter.

((Well, it's actually the size of your head... you should expect the creature inside to be big.))
    You check in the egg, it is kind of moving now... I think it likes the heat of the blanket and your home...

You rest in your bed after a tiring day of work, looking at the letters from the Mailbox...
    Letter 1
    NinjaKiwi is releasing BTD Dimensions for all PS4 and Xbox One consoles... experience the new, more Dimensional feeling with the same old gaming style... with a bonus! Pre-order BTD Dimensions now... for only $80!

Letter 2:
    greetings miss Komachi, we have noticed your great talent and skill in protection... after 7 years of serving as a royal guard, we have decided to give you the rank of a Knight... you will still guard the emperor, but from a higher position... alas, only when he heads for big meetings and world-wide ceremonies, other than this, you will work as an average knight: train for battling and be part of wars... tomorrow, a package with some basic equipment will be sent to you.
    Regards
    Minister of War
    Lefian said:

Right, lol, confused the other forum game with this one.
    Open the Early Bird Package!

You slowly open the package as it is almost stuck in... you find a tunic inside.... it looks so natural, but on it is the symbol "ストレングスチュニック"
    It is an epic class.

You stand there... just waiting, it's not as exciting as you think...

Almost half an hour later, you hear a shout from a man, he's not a general, he's a field marshal, the highest position in the army...
    "Soldiers! The army is having a bad time fighting! I know some of you are fighting for the first time, but we gotta move to attack position! ALL SOLDIERS MOVE FORWARD AND BATTLE THE ENEMY!"

(trimming the quote was too fucking hard, you should really do it yourself)
    I'll meta-cringe them till they're dead.

I'll advance with my squadron, Ready for any ambushes and such. Once they are in sight, I'll go more offensive.
    You run forward... it takes almost 12 minutes of running before you reach enemy lines... the front lines start fighting... and dying...
    You're almost up for fighting, the opposing army is almost finished.

Hold down the dog with my shield and slice him right in half!

The dog almost dies!
    Dog scratches you.
    Dog: 6/20
    You: 2/25

I'll come along happily, and practice my Shroud of Darkness along the way.

You do this
    SoD Mastery: 2/18

You reach there, after a lot of thanks and medal giving, you almost fall asleep...
    "And dozier..."
    You wake up to hearing your name.
    "he has killed almost 8 soldiers from the enemy, that is a big number for a Mage who is battling for the first real battle... you may get on the stage, dozier, and claim your silver medal!"
    McJagger said:

i open the package! but be cautious, it could be dangerous!

You open it cautiously... and find an egg, it shakes a lot, so it must be close to hatching...
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    I head up to the stage and graciously accept my medal!
    e^i*π=-1
    This forum: Not dead. Just... sleeping.

I head up to the stage and graciously accept my medal!

You accept the medal, after some clapping, you can now return home...

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Okay, I return home, practicing my Shroud of Darkness on the way back.
    e^i*π=-1
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll keep going, I'll try to sneak peeks at the terrain as not many people leave town this far out. Why would they. The town has everything they need.

I'll use this thought to pump me up. To protect and serve the citizens who don't even know what's going on.
    What's a sig btw
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drink the health potion I looted earlier, then keep adventuring.
    HE FOLLOWS
    ---
    Soundcloud
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I finish reading the first letter, I throw it into the fireplace. What sort of trap is this?, I think to myself. Ninja these days...
    I lit the fireplace and bring the egg with me. Now that I'm holding it with my mind clear, I can see it's actually way bigger than I thought. At least twice larger.
    I put it right in front of the fire, still covered with the blankets. It shakes every so often. Now that's an early bloomer.

Wait...
    Early bloomer. Early bird. Eh...
    I try not to think to much about it, taking the second letter and a book to the chair next to both the egg and fire.
    I can't help but smile as I read the letter. How much of a coincidence can it be?
    Me? A knight? On the day I assume it wouldn't be possible?

I read a few chapters of the book, but I'll have to read them again tomorrow because I can't stop thinking about my promotion. "Dame Komachi...", I whisper to the air.
    I realize it's past my usual bedtime, so I put the fire out and take the egg with me to my bedroom. "G'night, you. No hatching before I get up, alright?"

• CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,091 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seek out the recruitment house for the military,

• LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    ...Strength Tunic!
    I didn't need to look that up!
    I equip the tunic!
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • KhalidPlaysKhalidPlays Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    I bash it with my axe

Okay, I return home, practicing my Shroud of Darkness on the way back.

3/18 SoD mastery
    You return to your army living place, a partner comes to you
    "Someone left you this package; I don't know what it is... but he didn't look human at all."
    He gives you a box, with the note "Early Bird Item package; Keep in a Cool place... a cool place like my six packs."

I'll keep going, I'll try to sneak peeks at the terrain as not many people leave town this far out. Why would they. The town has everything they need.

I'll use this thought to pump me up. To protect and serve the citizens who don't even know what's going on.

You watch the surrounding terrain, it is pretty deserted... you can see corpses of unfortunate warriors there...

Suddenly you realize, as you were watching, you are one of the last few in your army!
    Your army only has 9 soldiers left, and they still have 30... they seem to have gained reinforcements, it could be up to you and the other 8 people to save the kingdom... 30 is not a lot of soldiers, but we have already cleared our army and we no longer have one person capable of fighting besides those existing...

Drink the health potion I looted earlier, then keep adventuring.

You drink it!
    25/25

You keep adventuring, soon, you meet a goblin... a "bush thug" as they call themselves, which is a species of one of the stupidest and fastest and most evil goblins in the kingdom...
    Bush Thug: 10/10
    Vini said:

As I finish reading the first letter, I throw it into the fireplace. What sort of trap is this?, I think to myself. Ninja these days...
    I lit the fireplace and bring the egg with me. Now that I'm holding it with my mind clear, I can see it's actually way bigger than I thought. At least twice larger.
    I put it right in front of the fire, still covered with the blankets. It shakes every so often. Now that's an early bloomer.

Wait...
    Early bloomer. Early bird. Eh...
    I try not to think to much about it, taking the second letter and a book to the chair next to both the egg and fire.
    I can't help but smile as I read the letter. How much of a coincidence can it be?
    Me? A knight? On the day I assume it wouldn't be possible?

I read a few chapters of the book, but I'll have to read them again tomorrow because I can't stop thinking about my promotion. "Dame Komachi...", I whisper to the air.
    I realize it's past my usual bedtime, so I put the fire out and take the egg with me to my bedroom. "G'night, you. No hatching before I get up, alright?"

The egg shakes up and down, almost as if it is nodding...
    You sleep, dreaming of the various possibilities of being a knight... fighting powerful creatures, killing creatures of the underworld... killing dragons, you remember the fact that all dragons who were killed were killed by males, with an exception of a Mage who killed a dragon as a part of a team...

You wake up earlier than usual, you couldn't catch much sleep from the excitement, but you have energy somehow...
    A large package is in the mailbox, don't ask me how it fit there.
    Calamity said:

I seek out the recruitment house for the military,

You head to the recruitment house... you see a man who asks for an application... you'll need to provide some information...

Name
    Date of Birth
    Reason of joining the army
    Race (can't let them know you're a shadow)
    Relatives in the army(?) (with proof)
    And of course... a copy of your statistics page with your basic statistics and your main weapon.
    Lefian said:

...Strength Tunic!
    I didn't need to look that up!
    I equip the tunic!

Must be fluent at Japanese, I wrote it as Tunic of Strength, but it got translated that way... not a problem

You equip it, you suddenly feel as strong as a train... then after a few minutes of feeling weird, you get used to the strength.

I bash it with my axe

You greatly wound it!
    Wolf: 3/18

Wolf backs down a bit, then trips and falls... it shivers as it sees your axe, then closes its eyes.

I pet it and let it live
    You know what they say, if there's people threatening you, Crush their faces! Flattening gets you everywhere.

I'll get our group into position and we'll approach.
    What's a sig btw

I pet it and let it live

It runs off, and as you almost think it left... it returns, leaves you something wrapped in leaves, and then leaves (ba dum ts)

You know what they say, if there's people threatening you, Crush their faces! Flattening gets you everywhere.

I'll get our group into position and we'll approach.

You start positioning yourself...
    The enemy gets closer, so the others start slamming and fighting... you stick your mace into two of the enemies, their brains pop and blood starts splattering into your torso....

Enemies: 18/30
    Allies: 7/9

You start positioning yourself...
    The enemy gets closer, so the others start slamming and fighting... you stick your mace into two of the enemies, their brains pop and blood starts splattering into your torso....

Enemies: 18/30
    Allies: 7/9

Well then, let the bodies hit the floor. (What do these guys look like?)
    I'll look at my allies, and try protect them a bit more, I'll keep looking out for myself but I'll try to save them if possible.

What's a sig btw
    Well... they look...
    Most of them look like humans, only a very dark shade of purple with completely white eyes, some have red eyeballs instead of none, some are part of the skeleton race...

You kill two more, and save an ally from death, GG!

Allies: 6/9
    Enemies: 11/30

• Diesel0307Diesel0307 Member Posts: 783 ✭✭
    Strike the dog on his head!
    I have a bunch oh old threads. I don't use them :P
    Here is a thread though: As God As God Can Be
    Stat page for game: Stats

I was dead for a while...
    edited May 2017
    Wow, I unlock my inner racism and build a wall around them, using their money And I will just continue crushing heads and protecting allies, trying to conserve life.

Last post for today.
    What's a sig btw

Strike the dog on his head!

You CHOP HIS HEAD OFF!
    LEVEL UP!

Stat increase:
    +1 Spd
    +1 Atk
    +1 Def
    +5 Max HP

Wow, I unlock my inner racism and build a wall around them, using their money And I will just continue crushing heads and protecting allies, trying to conserve life.

Last post for today.

You kill 4 this time!
    After some help from the others... they are all... dead.
    No, not the enemies, your forces are dead, only you and two partners remains, after looking, the enemies seem to be gone..,
    But one appears, he looks a lot like Doomsday and holds a long blade...

Darmeus: You two remain? This should be easy... I am DARMEUS! The Legend of the Dark Armies! I fought in 30 large wars and 198 battles! I slayed two dragons and a Cthulhu! Bow down to me now and throw your helmet away and I shall spare your pathetic, worthless lives!

• Diesel0307Diesel0307 Member Posts: 783 ✭✭
    HELL YEAH!
    "That's enough training for now. I'll be on my way now."
    I go and travel around the town more.
    I have a bunch oh old threads. I don't use them :P
    Here is a thread though: As God As God Can Be
    Stat page for game: Stats

I was dead for a while...
    edited May 2017
    i open it up (the thing wrapped in leaves)
    Swing the sword around wildly at the bush thug.
    HE FOLLOWS
    ---
    Soundcloud

HELL YEAH!
    "That's enough training for now. I'll be on my way now."
    I go and travel around the town more.

"Take this"
    He throws you a health potion, you drink it quickly and heal to full health...

You walk around the town, you can now see a tall tower, 7 houses, a grocery store a weapon merchant, an armor merchant, an accessory merchant, and a strange figure in dark clothes selling strange objects... you must be in the local market.

i open it up (the thing wrapped in leaves)

You find a simple knife, wait no... it's a blade, looks like a blade crafted out of razor-leaf...
    +1 Leaf Blade (you may check its stats in the pastebin page

Swing the sword around wildly at the bush thug.

He dodges it stealthily and swabs at your arm, leaving a cut

Bush Thug: 10/10
    You: 22/25

Bush Thug: Monie! Monie! Wepon!

Shield bash him in an attempt to stun and damage him.
    HE FOLLOWS
    ---
    Soundcloud
    Sweet! When I get back to my room, I open my Early Bird Package.
    e^i*π=-1
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I open the mail and skim through the mails I got from my fans.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium

Shield bash him in an attempt to stun and damage him.

The shield is even slower, so you miss...

The Thug leaves another cut in your knee.

Thug: 10/10
    You: 18/25

Sweet! When I get back to my room, I open my Early Bird Package.

You get back to your room and cut it with a cutter that was near... you find a cap, it is very cold on touch... but wearing it makes you feel warmer...
    + Magical Cap of Frost (SUPER RARE)
    Idler said:

I open the mail and skim through the mails I got from my fans.

You find two letters.
    Letter 1
    Sender: Mom
    hey sweetie! Hope you're having a good time! I'm having a good time here in heaven, I'm waiting for ya!

ps: this is a joke, I'm your friend Tuck, you still owe me those 3 bronze...

Letter 2
    Sender: Anonymous
    Hey, I watched you fight yesterday... you suck, and I hope you die in today's battle :)

There is also a package in there; a box with the note "Early Bird Item Package; Open, but don't get hopin'"

Appear to be running away, but in reality circle around him, using the terrain to my advantage, before striking him from behind to catch him by surprise.
    HE FOLLOWS
    ---
    Soundcloud
    You kill him!
    Wait a sec... he just falls, losing 9 health
    Bush Thug: 1/10

Bush Thug: F-F-Fuck you!

He scampers away, dropping a pouch behind him