Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.
⚠️ The DashNet forums will be shut down on September 12th 2019.⚠️

Please see here for more information.

Dashnet RPG (Dashnet's Greatest Forum Game of All Time)

14041434546

Comments

  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    iceklaus said:

    I take my bow and shoot one of them, then take one of the knives off my leg and throw at the other.

    The other 3 will come at me, I rip a cloth and improvise first aid and get my bow ready, trying to crawl to higher ground.

    You throw the knife at one, it misses, the bow shot also misses and hurts the foot of another goblin, you jump behind a bush and quickly do some first aiding, you take another shot with the bow and kill one goblin, the other four are looking for a way to free their friends, you aim for another shot...
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I can’t believe the greatest forum game of all time just died
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • SphealSpheal Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    Kill some of the bats and bears for provisions
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Spheal said:

    Kill some of the bats and bears for provisions

    You train a bit on killing some bats
    LEVEL UP!
    +1 all stats
    +5 max HP

    It is 4:00 PM
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    GLOBAL NEWS

    I will soon add a level indicator for everyone, I won’t remember your levels, but I’ll put a level for each of you depending on how much you played, fought, and change your stats accordingly
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I calm myself and foccus for the next shot and prepare to shoot them at the proper order. I'll bet all in in this next move.

    first, the one closer to the traps. second, the one closer to me. third, the one coming faster at my direction. fourth, well, it's me or him. I ready the other knife thrwon at me, I'll go in hand-to-hand combat if it needs to. they are my prey, not the other way around!
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    iceklaus said:

    I calm myself and foccus for the next shot and prepare to shoot them at the proper order. I'll bet all in in this next move.

    first, the one closer to the traps. second, the one closer to me. third, the one coming faster at my direction. fourth, well, it's me or him. I ready the other knife thrwon at me, I'll go in hand-to-hand combat if it needs to. they are my prey, not the other way around!

    (Man, you are very unlucky, all you needed was over 20%, RNG keeps getting below that when it comes to you)

    You shoot another arrow, this time at the one near the traps... it misses and instead dents one of the traps a little
    You fire at the closest one to you, he takes it to the neck and dies.
    You fire at the fast-running one, it perfectly impales his skull and throws him back, to knock the guy opening the trap to the floor
    You prepare to fire another, but a goblin surprises you from behind, you take the knife off and swipe at the goblin, he dodges it perfectly and kicks you in the foot, dropping you to your knees, another jab misses, a third one cuts his left arm, he takes his knife out and tries to stab you, you perfectly roll away just in time and stab him in the skull... dead.

    A last one appears and successfully frees one of the trapped goblins off
    “Grr! We will not let him be! FIE!”
    A knife is thrown at you, you jump away just in time, but you get a cut at the bottom of your ear.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    not my day. I'll believe next time a dwarf says "it's bad luck to turn down a dragon hunt"

    2 goblins left. breathe. same MO, improving.

    I set up sticks in the ground near me making a mini fort, If they jump in a nice impale it is. Aim to the one that was already free, the one that was trapped may be still be feeling the effects of my trap, I should have time to aim properly at him next (oh my, 4 arrows left)
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Making a quick fort, the goblins come at you, one from the left, one right, you impale the left one, then jump to dodge to swipe of the right one.. not jumping too perfectly, the knife leaves a deep cut on your foot, you scream in pain then punch the goblin so hard and throw the knife, it impales the goblin and leaves him on the ground, dead.
    You go towards the trapped goblin, he is now begging for mercy
    Also, loot the dead goblins?
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    sorry little one, mercy only comes from luck in this forest, and you got none. *slash*

    loot the goblins, tend the wounds, rest.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    iceklaus said:

    sorry little one, mercy only comes from luck in this forest, and you got none. *slash*

    loot the goblins, tend the wounds, rest.

    Whoosh, the head flies up and you start looting them
    VICTORY!
    Loot:
    Rusty Knife x6 (+4 Atk, +2 Agi)
    1 bronze coin, 34 Copper Coins
    Empty Wooden Bucket
    Old Meat Sandwich
    Mysterious Golden Ring
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I get all the loot.

    Eat the sandwich, improvise a chest belt to put the knives and make them easy to wield (also look badass) use the bucket to take a marvelous s**t behind that bush. coins on my bag, ofc.

    now I head to the mountain, I hope my friend is still there.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    You take everything, you do all that... except the chest belt because you didn’t find a good material to tie around your waist, you head towards the mind.

    Finally, you get there... going to be a long climb, but there’s two ways up, the hard, climbing way, and the stairs which may take a while and may also have a few thieves
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • SphealSpheal Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    Head to the town that we were sent to go on, also do some hunting on the way for training.
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    too many action per turn eh? sorry, I try too hard to be efficient sometimes.

    I take the thieves stairway path, my leg is better, but I don't want those wounds open.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 2,877Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Back in the home!.. wait a minute I already said that.

    Ok so could you give me a rebrief on what has happened to me
  • texanrattlertexanrattler Posts: 438Member ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    can I join?
    if so:
    character name: Jack
    Favorite element: Water
    Weapon: Sword
    Post edited by texanrattler on
  • texanrattlertexanrattler Posts: 438Member ✭✭
    this is going slow
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Spheal said:

    Head to the town that we were sent to go on, also do some hunting on the way for training.

    You and your army prepare and walk towards Gin Town early, a group of caravans take you there.

    On the way, you catch sight of a group of knights coming by, look elite, what do you do?
    You could probably fight, there aren’t too much, but they are elite.
    You could escape, but they could see you and chase you down, besides, you’d be failing your quest.
    You could probably hide until they’re gone, but they’d probably notice the carts or something
    Maybe you can just keep going by like nothing happens
    I’m open to more ideas
    iceklaus said:

    too many action per turn eh? sorry, I try too hard to be efficient sometimes.

    I take the thieves stairway path, my leg is better, but I don't want those wounds open.

    You start moving up the stairway, it’s relaxing, although a bit tiring, but better than climbing... it takes a while before you reach a restpoint, you buy some bread for 3 coins to eat with some meat, and you keep climbing
    Almost the way there, two bandits jump out from behind the rocks! They are wearing masks and each one is holding a dirty knife!
    “Give us yoir money, matey, and everything yous got.” He says
    Maniklas said:

    Back in the home!.. wait a minute I already said that.

    Ok so could you give me a rebrief on what has happened to me

    I’ll do it just this once, do it yourself next time.
    Last post:
    Your post: “I'm sorry but I've got a few questions. I'm a detective, a relative to Adeleie and want to know more about the issue.

    PS; Spheal, if you really want to teleportation included, choose something like warp/space
    And on a totally unrelaated note tomes would be an awesome mage weapon.

    PSS. How do I learn magic”

    My post: ““Hm, well, one second.”
    The two guards talk a bit in some corner, they seem to stare at you every once in a while, then return to you, almost in a state of annoyance.. or anger?
    “Well, fine, but only because you insist...” Says one guard.
    “Give me any weapon you have before entering”

    PS: Space is taken though, I’ll think about warp if he chooses it

    PSS: I’ve added Heal to you, could’ve been obvious because you’re kind of a healer, heh, but hey, taking statistical measure, about other spells, you earn them through the game, through events, or “spells”, which you read to gain a spell, you also get two spell when you go up a Rank, if you reach 100 magic you will rank up and get 2 random spells.”

    can I join?
    if so:
    character name: Jack
    Favorite element: Water
    Weapon: Sword

    Now, choose one of the following backstories, if you don’t like them, you can spin for more.

    Jack, a soldier in the Stratfortian main shoreline forces, you are the leader of a defense group in an area called Crystal Beach, you protect the area with your army from enemies and monsters.

    Jack, a dark elf living as an outlaw in a cavern near some island by Nexonin called Terrapin Island, you steal food and money for a living.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    asking for patiencem I reach for my bag, but I go for the part where I sotred the goblin knives. I adjust three of them to be between my fingers with my fist closed. I slash the simulated claw at one of them's face.

    Hmmm, this has a good feel.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    iceklaus said:

    asking for patiencem I reach for my bag, but I go for the part where I sotred the goblin knives. I adjust three of them to be between my fingers with my fist closed. I slash the simulated claw at one of them's face.

    Hmmm, this has a good feel.

    Being far, you do this, and throw two daggers, the first bandit takes a knife to the chest and falls down within a fountain of blood, the second one dodges the knife and falls back, throwing a smoke shot beneath his ground and disappearing

    Loot the bandit and continue?
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • texanrattlertexanrattler Posts: 438Member ✭✭
    may I have the second backstory?
    Jack, a dark elf living as an outlaw in a cavern near some island by Nexonin called Terrapin Island, you steal food and money for a living.
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Yes loot the bastard. Also start planning a way to make a claw out of those knives.
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • SphealSpheal Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    wait what? I already chose warp.....
    Ok, everyone will stealth then backstab. Try to take down the leader first.
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 2,877Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I hand them my weapons and walk in.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 11,223Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    may I have the second backstory?
    Jack, a dark elf living as an outlaw in a cavern near some island by Nexonin called Terrapin Island, you steal food and money for a living.

    Username: texanrattler
    Jack

    Class: Fighter
    Race: Dark Elf
    Rank: Thief
    Origin: Bureau Woods, Dark Kingdom
    Equipment;
    Main set:
    Black Leather Hood (Headwear) (+4 def, +3 Spd, +3 Agi, +stealth)
    NA (Facewear)
    Leather Vest (Torso) (+5 def, +3 Agi)
    Black Leather Leggings (Legwear) (+3 def, +4 Spd, +3 agi)
    Torn Shoes (Footwear) (+2 Spd)
    Metallic Shortsword (1-Handed Weapon) (+7 Atk)
    Metallic Shortsword (1-Handed Weapon) (+7 Atk)

    Wealth: 0 P 0 G 0 S 0 B 13 C
    Element: Water
    Inventory: Corn Dog
    Statistics:
    Str: Med
    Atk: 18
    Def: 16
    Spd: 19
    Agi: 18
    Max HP: 25
    Luck: 100%
    Crit.Chance: 0%
    Crit.Damage: +0%
    Magic: 0
    Intelligence: 11
    Atk Spd: Hi

    Property: Small Shelter in a Cavern


    You have been living in a cavern under water for a long while, it’s a nice place, you wake up, jump in the water to swim outside everyday and look for people to rob, you’ve made two short swords in the past to make robbing easier, and today, the third anniversary for your leaving home, running away from a death sentence in the dark kingdom, you have a feeling something different will happen today
    10:00 AM
    You wake up early, as you like to do every day, you are used to it so you aren’t too tired, you can see your bag, your swords, a few poorly built drawers, and the water pond where you jump in to swim up towards the beach.
    You can also see a nice Corn Dog beside you on the desk, you stole it yesterday and weren’t hungry so you left it for the next day.
    iceklaus said:

    Yes loot the bastard. Also start planning a way to make a claw out of those knives.

    You loot 1 bronze and 7 Copper Coins, a bag with a few crispy snacks, and a mysterious scroll: JEIX
    to use a scroll, read the letters out loud, it may teach you a new spell, create an item, a pet, enchant something, basically it can do anything... it may also have a negative effect, it is rare to happen, but be careful

    Maybe you can make a claw, but you’ll need to smelt some stuff first, that’ll require a blacksmith or else you get a loose knifechain

    You keep moving upwards and finally... you’re almost there, just one more minute.
    Spheal said:

    wait what? I already chose warp.....
    Ok, everyone will stealth then backstab. Try to take down the leader first.

    I was quoting the last post maniklas played at

    Your men hide in, they look at the knights as they pass... they are more than expected, about 12, you are 20, but the knights wear steel armor and have large enchanted magical blades, some of them ride crimson horses (flaming horses) too, your men look worried and perhaps it isn’t such a good idea...
    Maniklas said:

    I hand them my weapons and walk in.

    You give them any weapons you have, as you walk in, you find a rusty dagger on the floor, could be good to take precautions as no one is watching.. you decide to (take it/not take it)

    You walk in, the soldier talks to you and says “Be careful around here, this place isn’t exactly what you’d call safe, so what do you need to know?”

    As you are walking, you find various cells with strange looking dangerous prisoners, one of them, mad as it seems, looks at you and brushes his mug into the cell, making noise.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 2,877Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Not take it, if the guard will escort me. Take it if he won't.

    "First of all I need to know exactly who were involved except for Adeleie and the culprit."
  • iceklausiceklaus Posts: 1,195Member ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I take a breather before finishing.

    eat the crackers to restore energy and... JEIX
    the ones who dare have lives woth dying for

    shhhhh... nothing to see here
  • SphealSpheal Posts: 197Member ✭✭
    Give the scared ones a glare, and I order them to stab the weak point in the armor. If possible, send men to panic the horses and cause confusion. I personally stab the one that has the best gear or a flag (their leader) I aim for the weak points in plate armor, and aim to hit arteries or organs. If nobody is killed, withdraw. If at least one person is killed and the horses are spooked, continue attacking
    spheals are round
    spheals are good
Sign In or Register to comment.