Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.



Check if you are posting in the correct category.



The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Dashnet RPG (Dashnet's Greatest Forum Game of All Time)

1246739

Comments

  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭
    Am ready to begin!
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • IdlerIdler Member, Wiener, Double Wiener Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will confirm the registration here, however I won't post much.
    "Banned for not putting your quote to signature." - Tellurium
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    "I hear adventurers gather gold and things easily . . . Perhaps some good, old-fashioned adventuring would allow me to fund the power suit."

    Prepare for adventure. ((By the way, do I have any means of attack besides my rapier/shield?))
  • KhalidPlaysKhalidPlays Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    "Well alright then."

    I hand him the Helmet and he hands me the 9 Copper and I go to shake hands.
    Then I go and look around the town I am in.

    You do the trade, then continue walking through the town
    You are now in a new district, there are 2 food merchants, a weapon merchant, a grocery store, a training field, and a large tower which you can't tell what it is, but there is a man standing in front of it.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    I say "Thanks buddy," and ready my spells!

    You read your spells... they are about to come...
    Vini said:

    Ah, so they are doing the money-inside-paper thing.
    Well, it's still here. I suppose it is kinda safe, after all.


    I put the note down, a tad confused by it.

    Dragon egg? Just who sent this thing?

    It's by no means a fancy box. No return address... Do they even allow that for standard delivery?

    Early bird, huh? Better not think too much about it.

    I slowly open the package, fearing the smallest shake might break whatever's inside.

    You open it, there is an egg there... it seems not close to hatching.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Lefian said:

    Am ready to begin!

    You wake up one day, early as usual, the sun is shining, flowers are blooming.... on days like these, kids like you... should be adventuring!
    Idler said:

    Will confirm the registration here, however I won't post much.

    Idler said:

    "Tsk, tsk. Worthless peoples such as you... should not cross path with me."

    Character Name: Michele
    Fantasy Element: I really like Projection, as in the ability to project attacks. If not allowed... Dark.
    Preferred Weapon: You don't prefer Gauntlets, do you? I do. Gauntlets. A item usually used for fighters.

    Alright, now choose one of these backstories; if you don't like them, spin for more, also you can't return to pick the previous choices when spinning for more.

    Michele, a brawler in the local coliseum, gets quite a lot of money but is under risk.

    Michele, one of the BK force in the Empire's army, basically a force that moves hidden and kills and snaps necks of the enemy army while they are not looking.

    ready

    You wake up one day, in your house, which is ten meters across your blacksmith... it is pretty early in the morning, a guy is sleeping in front of your blacksmith, probably waiting for you to open..
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp...

    I go back into my apartment and put the egg on my bed, covering it with my blankets.

    "You... Stay there, buddy", I tell the egg, not minding much the absurdity of both talking to an egg and getting it from the mail. "Gonna deal with you later today."

    I double check my belongings and leave again, heading for a bakery. Can't think straight on an empty stomach, now can I?

  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 19
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    I walk over to the weapons merchant.

    "So uhh, what do you got over here?"

    "Swords, Bows, Staffs, Shields... an All-You-Can-Kill-With Buffet!"
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Vini said:

    Welp...

    I go back into my apartment and put the egg on my bed, covering it with my blankets.

    "You... Stay there, buddy", I tell the egg, not minding much the absurdity of both talking to an egg and getting it from the mail. "Gonna deal with you later today."

    I double check my belongings and leave again, heading for a bakery. Can't think straight on an empty stomach, now can I?

    You leave it and go

    The bakery has not much people today, and the receptionist fell asleep on the cashier
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    "What types of shields do ya' got?"

    "I got wooden, stone, iron, copper, bronze, and steel... I also got a special edition Hawk Shield, best of all... but only one in stock, worth 6 gold coins"
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Member Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Prepare a spell of mass confusion, and cast it upon all the attackers!
    e^i*π=-1
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    "I hear adventurers gather gold and things easily . . . Perhaps some good, old-fashioned adventuring would allow me to fund the power suit."

    Prepare for adventure. ((By the way, do I have any means of attack besides my rapier/shield?))

    Did you reply to this?
  • KhalidPlaysKhalidPlays Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    i walk over and open the place and ask the guy what he wants
  • ViniVini Member Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    I enter the bread house, immediately looking for their biggest one that can be eaten on the go.

    Deciding on my meal, I stop in front of the cashier, only then realizing where the faint snoring is coming from.

    "Awwwwkward...", I say quietly, before clearing my throat.
    Post edited by Vini on

  • McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    edited May 19
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    @brainstorm said "No, I don't know what a full metal alchemist is, and whatever it is, you can't just be what you want :P

    Now choose one of those backstories; if you don't like them, you can always spin for more, remember that you can't choose the previous choices when spinning.

    Kyle, an assassin in the darkest parts of the city... you kill people for contracts.

    Kyle, a scientist working for... yourself, looking to discover new stuff, also very skilled and intelligent and powerful enough to protect himself from anything."

    (i dont mean as a backstory (although i would like to be one) i mean as my element. Basically it means transmogrification, using equvelent exchange, like, if i had a bunch of sliver, i can transmogrify it into gold.
    (this explains it better:
    1. Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.

    2. Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.

    3. Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape. (or you can check it out here... http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy))

    anyway i chose B (scientist)

    (BTW: low-medium level alchemists MUST draw a chalk "Transmogrification Circle" to do alchemy, but higher level alchemists dont have to.) (im a lower level i assume)
  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭
    Well then, I'll go adventuring! Into the woods of course, to defeat slimes and wolves. Right?
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Revus, a warrior in the Tefermore army, pretty skilled at his career and charismatic.

    I'll take this one.

  • CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,092 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Where should I head first?


  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    Prepare a spell of mass confusion, and cast it upon all the attackers!

    You are not yet powerful enough for that...
    The enemy starts getting closer, the army that is with you start marching forwards, so you decide to follow....

    "I hear adventurers gather gold and things easily . . . Perhaps some good, old-fashioned adventuring would allow me to fund the power suit."

    Prepare for adventure. ((By the way, do I have any means of attack besides my rapier/shield?))

    Did you reply to this?
    Oh sorry, here's 10 copper coins in compensation of your lost turn

    You start heading out for adventure, you go to a nearby map vendor and get a map... you can adventure in many places, the woods, there are 2 nearby forests, there is also a swamp... and a magical adventure tower with endless (or so they say) floors.

    ((You can attack basically as you do in real life, using your body parts as an addition, anything you can do in real life or in an action movie can be done here))
    McJagger said:

    @brainstorm said "No, I don't know what a full metal alchemist is, and whatever it is, you can't just be what you want :P

    Now choose one of those backstories; if you don't like them, you can always spin for more, remember that you can't choose the previous choices when spinning.

    Kyle, an assassin in the darkest parts of the city... you kill people for contracts.

    Kyle, a scientist working for... yourself, looking to discover new stuff, also very skilled and intelligent and powerful enough to protect himself from anything."

    (i dont mean as a backstory (although i would like to be one) i mean as my element. Basically it means transmogrification, using equvelent exchange, like, if i had a bunch of sliver, i can transmogrify it into gold.
    (this explains it better:
    1. Comprehension - Understanding the inherent structure and properties of the atomic or molecular makeup of a particular material to be transmuted, including the flow and balance of potential and kinetic energy within.

    2. Deconstruction - Using energy to break down the physical structure of the identified material into a more malleable state so as to be easily reshaped into a new form.

    3. Reconstruction - Continuing the flow of energy so as to reform the material into a new shape. (or you can check it out here... http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Alchemy))

    anyway i chose B (scientist)

    (BTW: low-medium level alchemists MUST draw a chalk "Transmogrification Circle" to do alchemy, but higher level alchemists dont have to.) (im a lower level i assume)

    I'm afraid full metal alchemy is too strong of an element, you can't just ruin economy like that, a gold coin is worth 100 silver, which is 10,000 bronze, which is 1,000,000 copper...
    Anyway, registered.
    Kyle

    Class: Fighter
    Race: Human
    Rank: Scientist
    Origin: Nexo City, Nexonin
    Equipment;
    Main set:
    NA (Headwear)
    Glasses (Facewear) (+1 intelligence, better vision)
    Laboratory Coat (Torso) (+1 defense, +5 Max HP)
    Cloth Pants (Legwear) (+1 defense, +1 agility)
    Old Shoes (Footwear) (+2 spd, +1 agility)
    Flint Battlestaff (2-Handed Weapon) (+6 Atk, +Atk Spd)

    Wealth: 0 P 0 G 0 S 3 B 78 C
    Inventory: Flashlight, Broken Drill, Empty Vial x3
    Statistics:
    Str: Med
    Atk: 10
    Def: 7
    Spd: 6
    Agi: 5
    Max HP: 30
    Luck: 100%
    Crit.Chance: 0%
    Crit.Damage: +0%
    Magic: 0
    Intelligence: 23
    Atk Spd: Hi

    Property: Small House, In-Home Lab

    Ready to begin?

    "How much does the stone one cost?"

    "That'll be 19 copper, cheapest price in the city I tell ya!"

    i walk over and open the place and ask the guy what he wants

    You open the smith, the guy wakes up slowly and says
    "Oh... you're finally here, I'm looking to buy halberds, and none of the other shops sell any... I'll take one iron halberd please"
    ((Iron Halberds are worth 2 bronze coins and 50 copper, you can get more off of him because he is desperate, or whatever you want))
    Vini said:

    I enter the bread house, immediately looking for their biggest one that can be eaten on the go.

    Deciding on my meal, I stop in front of the cashier, only then realizing where the faint snoring is coming from.

    "Awwwwkward...", I say quietly, before clearing my throat.

    The guy wakes up surprised
    "Wha? Huh? Oh.. hello sir and welcome to Bakin's Bakery! May I interest you in some Cherry Square Pastry or some of our best Stratfortin Bread?"
    Lefian said:

    Well then, I'll go adventuring! Into the woods of course, to defeat slimes and wolves. Right?

    You polish your trusty claymore, get up to wash your face, then go outside excited... forgetting something...
    "I'm hungry" flashes through your mind, there are a few meat pies at home, you can eat those and get going.

    Revus, a warrior in the Tefermore army, pretty skilled at his career and charismatic.

    I'll take this one.
    Done
    Revus

    Class: Warrior
    Race: Human
    Rank: Warrior in the Tefermore Army
    Origin: Cabina Town, Tefermore
    Equipment;
    Main set:
    Scrap Helmet (Headwear) (+3 defense)
    NA (Facewear)
    Metal Chestplate (Torso) (+6 defense)
    Metal Leggings (Legwear) (+3 defense, +1 agility)
    Metal Boots (Footwear) (+2 defense, +1 spd)
    Metal Mace (2-Handed Weapon) (+8 Atk)

    Wealth: 0 P 0 G 0 S 0 B 54 C
    Inventory: Ham Sandwich x2
    Statistics:
    Str: Med-Hi
    Atk: 13
    Def: 19
    Spd: 5
    Agi: 4
    Max HP: 25
    Luck: 100%
    Crit.Chance: 0%
    Crit.Damage: +0%
    Magic: 0
    Intelligence: 9
    Atk Spd: Med

    Property: NA

    Ready to begin?
    Calamity said:

    Where should I head first?

    Well, from your class and Rank, I suggest you adventure somewhere or apply for the army or something.. you can also explore the area and see the shops and places, there is a town west of here, and another east... you are also now in a forest.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • KhalidPlaysKhalidPlays Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    I dont want to rip him off so I sell it to him for 2 bronze coins and 50 copper
  • UiomancantUiomancant Member, Cool, Flagger Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    Of course I'm ready, or else I wouldn't have confirmed.

  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    I dont want to rip him off so I sell it to him for 2 bronze coins and 50 copper

    "Thanks a lot!"
    He says so and leaves, he tips you 10 copper as a bonus
    The rest of the day is empty... nobody is buying weapons today, maybe you should do something more... time consuming

    Of course I'm ready, or else I wouldn't have confirmed.

    Alright
    You wake up early in the morning, in the room where all the other army members are sleeping, no battles are going on today, so the General takes you and the team for training..

    You are taken to the nearby forest to train.

    Green Slime: 8/8
    Green Slime: 8/8

    "Heeerup! Everyone finish training quick so you don't miss breakfast!"
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • KhalidPlaysKhalidPlays Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    since no one wants anything i decide to go into a cave and collect some materials and maybe kill some monsters while i'm at it
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member

    since no one wants anything i decide to go into a cave and collect some materials and maybe kill some monsters while i'm at it

    You search for a cave... the closest cave is around 18 kilometers away, so you start walking there...
    Wait, you can take two pathes there...
    1- Town - Woods - Cave
    2- Town - Hillside Path - Cave
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

    the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

    Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • Diesel0307Diesel0307 Member Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Certified Dashnet RPG Member
    "Hmm... I'll take a Stone Shield then."
    I hand the man 19 copper in trade for the shield.
    I go over to the training area.
  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭
    Right, okay then. Meat pies sounds absolutely disgusting, but it will satiate my warrior stomach!
    I go back to eat the meat pies, then return the the adventuring.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
Sign In or Register to comment.