Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

If you could go back, would you still support Trump?

TheKniferTheKnifer Posts: 2,361Member ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 15 in Off Topic
This poll is mainly towards the Trump supporters that are on Dashnet.

If you could go back, would you still support Trump? 9 votes

Yes
77%
Jarr2003GardevoirCarmoryBrainstormadam_antichristidcLava_Entity 7 votes
No
22%
¤RunninginReverse¤Goldra 2 votes

Comments

• TheKniferTheKnifer Posts: 2,361Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, why?
  • adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 392Member ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I just want to see the Trumpocalypse

• BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,888Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly, I would have normally said no just to prevent the american economy from rising
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,930Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Hell no. Never have, never will.

It's been a train wreck, and I'd prefer we do whatever we can with whatever self-preservation skills we have left, to prevent this shit from happening again. Then again, humans are notoriously stupid. >.>
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
  • Jarr2003Jarr2003 Posts: 3,758Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly, would it be any better to have Hilary as the president instead? She and Trump were the only candidates who had a realistic chance of winning in the last couple months of the election, so if Trump hadn't won, Hilary would've.

So far, Trump hasn't done anything too dangerous, and I have no doubts that the nation would be feeling similar (if slightly less distraught) if Hilary won instead.

Hell no. Never have, never will.

It's been a train wreck, and I'd prefer we do whatever we can with whatever self-preservation skills we have left, to prevent this shit from happening again. Then again, humans are notoriously stupid. >.>

It's legitimately getting annoying hearing people complain about Trump without giving reasons why. Could you please provide a legitimate explanation with sources, rather than complaining whenever Trump is mentioned?

Seriously, it's literally fear-mongering to complain about how Trump's "ruining America" and how "it's been a train wreck" when you're not giving us any reason to agree with you. You can literally use this to describe any politician who is currently in office. Saying "Trump is bad" doesn't change anything, so why say it again when you and thousands of others have said virtually the same thing, many of which with virtually nothing to actually add to the conversation.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,591Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wait until Trump proves my theory that he is (trying to) pull(ing) a Lord Shojo.
    But it's not like my support as a non-Freedomlander would matter much, anyway, so meh.

No
    So, here's the most positive article I've found about Donald Trump from April(just last month);
    Link A.

And, the most negative article I've found on Donald Trump, released just 2 days after the previous article;
    Link B.

The amount of issues, from what I can tell, severely outweighs what he's done that has been good. If you find an article that proves me wrong, feel free to show it, but if not, just do me a favor and don't respond.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Yes

So, here's the most positive article I've found about Donald Trump from April(just last month);
    Link A.

And, the most negative article I've found on Donald Trump, released just 2 days after the previous article;
    Link B.

The amount of issues, from what I can tell, severely outweighs what he's done that has been good. If you find an article that proves me wrong, feel free to show it, but if not, just do me a favor and don't respond.

I fail to see what you're trying to prove. I'm asking you to actually do research and explain to me why you hate Trump. I wasn't asking you to do a half-assed search for the "best" and "worst" articles about Trump, because articles are only so reliable. Furthermore, an article named "All the Terrifying things that Donald Trump has done" is obviously going to focus solely on the negative things that he's done, rather than focusing on a neutral standpoint pointing out both the positives and negatives of what Trump has done.

RiR, I wasn't asking for the "most positive" article you could find, I'm asking you to actually try to give a legitimate explanation for your hatred of Trump, rather than complaining about how his presidency has been "a train wreck" without explaining why. The fact that you're barely willing to do research on Trump (at least, that's what I got from your bare minimum of a reply) makes you no better than the people you claim to have "idiotically" voted for him.
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    edited May 18
    Jarr, has Donald Trump done anything that is good so far?

Honestly, I would have normally said no just to prevent the american economy from rising

yes because democrats are TERRIBLE at growing the economy, if you don't believe me, just ask Obama and FDR. Leading america into the worst economic depressions in history. Conservatives are much better, because their trickle-down economics are not just a trust-fall into Corporations. And if there is 1 thing we can trust in all this, it's the corporations. Yep because Corporations have a history of not screwing over the public just to make an extra buck. Wal-mart is a definitive example of how much we can trust the rich and powerful.
    Post edited by TheKnifer on
    No
    That one article is the only positive thing I've seen about Trump. Ever. Never heard of a single thing good about Trump before that from anyone who didn't seem to be blindly praising him.

For every one positive thing you can say about Trump, I can probably say a negative one.
    Yes
    @Jarr2003 here's a few things for you to think about.

Nepotism. He has given important jobs to family members when they have no experience.

The erosion of science. He is putting anti-science fuckwits in charge of education (a crazy creationist) and environmental (a climate science denialist who refuses to disclose his financial connections to the oil and gas industries) agencies. Anybody who does not understand science has no place at the head of publicly funded environmental or education agencies.

The erosion of national security. Trump has fired the director of the FBI because he didn't get the result he wanted over Hillary's emails, with evidence that the sacking comes after an attempt to stifle an investigation into the connection of his choice for national security adviser with Russia.

His defence secretary once discussed how much fun it is to shoot muslims in Afghanistan.

The white house describes lies and errors as "alternative facts".

He reduced the efficacy of international aid agencies by stating they'd lose funding if the even DISCUSS abortion (let alone provide it) with women needing medical help.

Of course, everybody knows he's a misogynistic piece of shit who has zero respect for women or consent, because he told us. But for some reason, the electoral college didn't consider that maybe he was not suited to the presidency as a result. C'est la vie. However, the way it stands now, you'd have to have your head so firmly up your arse to still believe any of his campaign promises and the only people who still support him mustn't care about anyone other than themselves. I'm sure the ranks of people who believe he will help them and not just help the corporations are thinning as people start to realise they were lied to, their trust was abused, and that they were fooled by a clever scam to make you think a billionaire was actually on your side. It's an easy trick to pull, tell the people what they want to hear and once you're in they can't get you out. But we in the rest of the world couldn't believe so many Americans would fall for it.

Nepotism. He has given important jobs to family members when they have no experience.

The erosion of science. He is putting anti-science fuckwits in charge of education (a crazy creationist) and environmental (a climate science denialist who refuses to disclose his financial connections to the oil and gas industries) agencies. Anybody who does not understand science has no place at the head of publicly funded environmental or education agencies.

The erosion of national security. Trump has fired the director of the FBI because he didn't get the result he wanted over Hillary's emails, with evidence that the sacking comes after an attempt to stifle an investigation into the connection of his choice for national security adviser with Russia.

His defence secretary once discussed how much fun it is to shoot muslims in Afghanistan.

He reduced the efficacy of international aid agencies by stating they'd lose funding if the even DISCUSS abortion (let alone provide it) with women needing medical help.

Of course, everybody knows he's a misogynistic piece of shit who has zero respect for women or consent, because he told us. But for some reason, the electoral college didn't consider that maybe he was not suited to the presidency as a result. C'est la vie. However, the way it stands now, you'd have to have your head so firmly up your arse to still believe any of his campaign promises and the only people who still support him mustn't care about anyone other than themselves. I'm sure the ranks of people who believe he will help them and not just help the corporations are thinning as people start to realise they were lied to, their trust was abused, and that they were fooled by a clever scam to make you think a billionaire was actually on your side. It's an easy trick to pull, tell the people what they want to hear and once you're in they can't get you out. But we in the rest of the world couldn't believe so many Americans would fall for it.

you know, trump supporters are as stubborn as a fucking mule so no matter how many facts you'll wave in their face they wont seem to see them and just go to the, "Well Clinton would be worse" and to which i always ask, "Why would Clinton be worse, give me the specifics."
    Yes
    It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Nixon still had fans after he stepped down, christ Reagan still has fans TODAY. But I don't want to believe the average person is that selfish, and I expect many of them will snap out of it when the Trump promises fail to materialise.

• Drago_mehDrago_meh Posts: 2,740Member, Wiener ✭✭✭
    Ok so here's what the American presidential election of 2016 came down to, Shit choice #1 or Shit choice #2. Either way you're getting Shit. Trump won and it's in the past, so how about everyone just shuts the hell up about it and gets the fuck over it. And for fuck's sake if you have problems with the guy being president then go to your local representative and try to get him impeached instead of moping around complaining about it. Doesn't matter how powerful the government is, if enough people actually stopped being lazy and wanted him impeached and out of office, it would happen. If you're not a resident/citizen of the USA then it's not your problem.
    "The true newbie of Dashnet"
    yes you all can call me a newbie

Also I am a dragon and my young dragons must grow so please help
    http://dragcave.net/user/Drago_Meh
  • ViniVini Posts: 2,591Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Drago_meh The first step to impeachment is understanding why you're asking for it. It's not a matter of "being lazy", it's matter of "gathering your facts and fight for your ideals".

Drago_meh said:

Ok so here's what the American presidential election of 2016 came down to, Shit choice #1 or Shit choice #2. Either way you're getting Shit. Trump won and it's in the past, so how about everyone just shuts the hell up about it and gets the fuck over it. And for fuck's sake if you have problems with the guy being president then go to your local representative and try to get him impeached instead of moping around complaining about it. Doesn't matter how powerful the government is, if enough people actually stopped being lazy and wanted him impeached and out of office, it would happen. If you're not a resident/citizen of the USA then it's not your problem.

Trump did win and it is in the past, we should get past that and stop focusing on the election. However, it is the World's problem, not just the United State's. Since the United States is the leading Global power. Their military is what stops countries from fucking everything up and trying to invade everyone else. Also with Trump's casualness towards nuclear arms is a global problem, and Trump not liking NATO, even though it is so vital to Europe and especially countries in Eastern Europe. Also his Anti-environmental regulations are a Global problem, since the US is the 2nd leading producer of harmful emissions and all Donald Trump cares about is money. Rather than his Grandchildren and Humanity even surviving the next 100 years.
  • idcidc Posts: 104Member ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I thought he would save the world from nuclear war. But now he may cause it and I want it. Cleanse this planet please Mr. Trump.
    In any case he is hilarious and makes a joke of America which is great.
    BEETLE there is! While the ROOMS here not!
    Yes
    TheKnifer said:

I'm not trying to say Trump is good. I'm just asking for RiR and everybody else who complains about him without explaining why to actually give solid reasoning.

This is exactly what I was asking from RiR.

Anyways, I fully agree with the anti-science points. People who are against science should never be put in power over education.

The defense secretary thing isn't that big of a deal, I think. If he is an effective general, then I don't see too much of an issue with that, so long as he gets properly regulated.

Again, I agree fully on the alternative facts thing. Hiding behind nicknames for lies is wrong. The abortion part is also bad.

My Pokefarm Q Account
    Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

I'm not trying to say Trump is good. I'm just asking for RiR and everybody else who complains about him without explaining why to actually give solid reasoning.

Anyways, I fully agree with the anti-science points. People who are against science should never be put in power over education.

The defense secretary thing isn't that big of a deal, I think. If he is an effective general, then I don't see too much of an issue with that, so long as he gets properly regulated.

Again, I agree fully on the alternative facts thing. Hiding behind nicknames for lies is wrong. The abortion part is also bad.

then why do you support him?
    Yes
    TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

I'm sort've in a grey area right now about Trump. I legitimately don't know enough to fear him or support him.
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

I'm sort've in a grey area right now about Trump. I legitimately don't know enough to fear him or support him.
    But you said yes in the poll. You could have just abstained.
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,888Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

"Yes" is not to support trump, but to re-vote him, for whatever reasons... it doesn't mean that he likes trump, it means that he dislikes the other candidate more
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

"Yes" is not to support trump, but to re-vote him, for whatever reasons... it doesn't mean that he likes trump, it means that he dislikes the other candidate more
    But he could just not support either.
    Yes
    TheKnifer said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

Jarr2003 said:

TheKnifer said:

But he could just not support either.
    I already said why. Besides, my exact view on Trump has been changing every day practically. The day that I voted yes was a day that I was leaning more positively towards him, though I've become a bit more neutral since then. Besides, it's not exactly like I can change my vote.
    My Pokefarm Q Account
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,683Member ✭✭✭
    [INSERTTELLURIUMOPTIONHERE] I can support neither :P
    Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
    The world may never know
    "You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
    "Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today!