Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Interaction with the environment

RendharRendhar Posts: 20Member
First of all, english is not my native language, so expect for some mistakes haha.

I've played the game a couple of times, I've achieved some ascensions and also I've reached 25k of population (not that challenging than get to 200-400 pop, there you just maintain proportions). But the contact with the environment, the space that surround my people, doesn't have any interaction with them. I can't choose where to gather, where to put the village or where the scouts and wonderers can go (I will not enter in details about the late game, I know the developers are working on that and have a lot of ideas, I'm only focussing in the current version). As well, animals or weather doesn't have any effect in the growth of the group, in the culture or in the traits. Wolfs, bears or boars can't attack you, storms don't do nothing, there's no seasons or temperature. At some point the game becomes lineal, the hard challenges of the beggining fades and get crushed when you hit 30/40 pop and from thereon, there's no new deals.

It's hard for me to explain myself in this language, I hope you've got my point and I'm open to any new ideas to make this game something great that satisfy our expectatives

Comments

• MrMonkey7thMrMonkey7th Posts: 822Member ✭✭
    I agree.

I really don't know what else to say. I experienced the same thing when I played. I felt that after the first few challenges it was easy sailing from then on. However, for the purposes of this post, I will play the devils advocate.

1. That's how it is in real life. Once you get a civilization/city started, it really only gets easier. There are counters to this argument, like disease, waste removal, stealing, and the appropriation of items, but I feel those issues are a different subject. None of those except disease have any current place in the game except for illness, which has already taken its place as an early game hurdle. When if 2 or 3 of you population got sick at the start of an ascension, it could severely impact your game play.

3. There are many facets of the game currently under development. This one is simply a fact. There are so many parts to the game that are still WIP, maybe the developer(s) have just not quite got around to it yet.

3. It might just be there for flavour text. All of those examples of things that could/would be a very important part of a real life civilization, might just be there to add texture into this game. Or, for the number of thoughts that simply haven't been implemented at all, the developer(s) might feel like they don't really have a place in the world they have created.

4. It is supposed to be a partially idle game. The game is supposed to have idle elements, and therefor, like an idle game, the later stages require much less attention from the player. The fact that the early game is vastly more intense and challenging then the further progressed part of game play may be completely intentional. If you have ever played CC past the billions, it becomes quickly obvious that being around in the later part of ascension provides less and less resources.

Please know that don't actually agree with most of the arguments I just presented.

Thanks for reading!
    e^i*π=-1