Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Never-Ending Burglary

LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭
edited May 11 in Playground
Welcome to my new obviously fantastic forum game!
Uhh, here's how it goes:
Every player is 'given' a separate house/mansion that they are to break into/burglarize.
Certain items must be obtained before leaving the house.
After exiting a house, another one will be given. Each one gets progressively harder.
Players can 'reset' a house once. This goes for each house.
Items stolen inside of the house will be converted into money, used to upgrade yourself or your gadgets, or even 'buy' magic with.
Managing to go through a house without killing any guards/civilians will reward you with extra money. Getting caught only two times or less also rewards you with money.
Getting caught on a camera only counts if you fail to disable it/remove the recording afterwards. Does not work for other alarm systems.
Other rules might be implemented if I remember/come up with them.
In order to join, simply say that you will and select one of the following traits:
1: Light feet (People won't hear you from farther away. Crouching is always silent.)
2: Camouflage (Blend into shadows easier.)
3: Golden Eyeball (Some items are pointed out once entering a room without having to search. Prices are known before exiting house.)
4: Faulty Locks (Locks/doors have a higher chance of being broken into without having to use the key.)
5: Blind Eye (Guards give up the chase quicker, and stop searching for you quicker.)
mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You mean people won't hear you from farther away with Light Feet, right? Because, from what it looks like, Light Feet penalizes how stealthy you are when not crouching.

I'll take Golden Eye.
  • LefianLefian Member Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

You mean people won't hear you from farther away with Light Feet, right? Because, from what it looks like, Light Feet penalizes how stealthy you are when not crouching.

I'll take Golden Eye.

Ah, yes. Sorry about that. Edited it appropriately.
    You begin outside of an apartment building. The street is quiet. In front of you is a door and two
    tinted windows. A very loud TV can be heard from inside. There's a note on the door.
    mmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Read the note.
    "Terry. Under the flower pot. Mom. On top of the door frame."
    Oh, right. There's a flower pot sitting to the left of the door.
  • Diesel0307Diesel0307 Member Posts: 780 ✭✭
    edited May 11
    I'll join

I'll take Blind Eye

Also, can you get arrested?
    I have a bunch oh old threads. I don't use them :P
    Here is a thread though: As God As God Can Be
    Stat page for game: Stats

I was dead for a while...

I'll join

I'll take Blind Eye

Also, can you get arrested?

Mmmmmaybe. Either that, or... death. Haven't thought that far.

You begin... also outside of an apartment. There's only one window, and no note. There's a "Welcome" mat in front of the door.

Also:
    RiR, the items needed to proceed are: Laptop, baseball card.
    Diesel, the items needed to proceed are: Wallet, Rolex watch.
    Read the note

Read the note

Your house doesn't have a note. RiR's does.
    Oh sorry, I misread that. I thought it said there was a note... ANYWAY,

I check under the mat for anything useful.

Oh sorry, I misread that. I thought it said there was a note... ANYWAY,

I check under the mat for anything useful.

Under the mat, there is a key.
    Go figure...

I put the key into the key hole, and turn it slowly

Go figure...

I put the key into the key hole, and turn it slowly

The door opens surprisingly silently. The room is pretty dark, a TV in upper left illuminating the room. A woman is sleeping on a couch pointed away from you, occasionally snoring.
    The kitchen is merged to the living room on the right. A hallway leads elsewhere just ahead.
    I look at the woman to see if she has a wallet or watch near her

edited May 11

I look at the woman to see if she has a wallet or watch near her

A wallet rests just out of the reach of her hand, and a watch is nowhere to be seen.
    I slowly creep towards her and see if I can move the wallet away from her hand

I slowly creep towards her and see if I can move the wallet away from her hand

Her hand flinches when the wallet is taken away, but she doesn't wake up.
    Grab the key on top of the door frame.
    I stuff the wallet in my pocket gently, then move back to where I was when I entered the house, and hoping my eyes adjusted a little, I look around again

• McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    McJagger said:

ill join, why not

i'll take some camo

Welcome!
    You begin outside of a very shabby-looking trailer park. The trailer in question has a frame door leading towards the regular door, and windows everywhere. There's also an emergency exit hatch at the very top.

I stuff the wallet in my pocket gently, then move back to where I was when I entered the house, and hoping my eyes adjusted a little, I look around again

You're able to see better from before.
    There's some shiny things on the kitchen table.

Grab the key on top of the door frame.

Key... obtained!
  • McJaggerMcJagger Member Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭
    i check the edges of the door for a key, or something.
    McJagger said:

i check the edges of the door for a key, or something.

A key cannot be found.
    Oh, also forgot to add that there's a stepladder next to the house-thing.
    I look into the kitchen to see if anyone is there, if not, I creep in and investigate the shiny thing

Open the door, but try to do it stealthily.

Open the door, but try to do it stealthily.

Whatever noise you manage to make is muted by the extreme noise coming from the TV that's on the far left of the room. The person who's watching it is either deaf or trying to be.
    This person is also sitting away from you, and he seems to be pretty old. The kitchen is merged as Diesel's is, along with the hallway.
    Golden Eye: A purse lays on the kitchen counter. $100.

I look into the kitchen to see if anyone is there, if not, I creep in and investigate the shiny thing

Nobody seems to be in the kitchen. A liquid that you're barely able to make out and unable to classify due to the darkness is splattered across the kitchen table, and is on a knife that rests there.
    What has to be near a hundred quarter-coin rolls lays across the table, poorly organized.
    Swipe the purse, then look around for other interesting things.

Swipe the purse, then look around for other interesting things.

A laptop sits on the coffee table right infront of the old man, though going for it right now would be a mistake. Perhaps there's something in the house that can help you here.
    Other than that, there's nothing noteworthy in the Living Room or Kitchen.
    Look for something that can be used to knock someone out.

Look for something that can be used to knock someone out.

There's two beer bottles on the kitchen table. In your current state, you're unable to use your hands/body to strangle people- as stupid as it is, it requires an upgrade.
    Grab one beer bottle if they're empty, and both if they're full. I'll keep the other one for home if there's beer in it.