Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Make the Golden Cookie more visible. (This affects GAMEPLAY, not graphics!)

WarpZoneWarpZone Member Posts: 3
Noob player here. I don't know what my problem is. But I can be leafing through menus and reading stuff and comparing numbers, and then all of a sudden I notice movement out of the corner of my eye and it's the Golden Cookie GOING AWAY. Shit! When did that get there!? Clickclicklclickclick! Dammit. It was already too faded by the time I clicked on it.

This happens over and over again, often while I'm staring directly at the screen. Frankly, it's embarrassing. I don't know what the actual cause of the problem is, but you should make it harder to miss. Make it flash white like title text sometimes does. Make it sparkle. Make it wobble. Make it spin like a coin in Mario. Anything. Just do something.

I see the addition of sound effects are already on the to-do list, but that won't help because I usually have my headphones off while I'm playing it. You just need to make it really VISIBLE. Dunk that cookie in UI juice.

Thanks.

Comments

• 222lawlawlawl_games222lawlawlawl_games Member Posts: 300 ✭✭
    Did you get the golden cookie notification prestige upgrade? If not, when you do ascend, GET IT!
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭
    Either that, or resize your browser window
    Current Status : deteriorating

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭
    I thought the whole point was that you were supposed to watch the screen with an eagle eye if you didn't want to miss any golden cookies. Making it too easy kind of negates the point, and takes away the "game" aspect.

Having said that, I don't have the problem described by the OP, not since the latest upgrade. The cookies wobble, which makes them very noticeable. I used to sometimes miss them in the older version when they just faded in and faded out.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭
    WarpZone said:

I see the addition of sound effects are already on the to-do list, but that won't help because I usually have my headphones off while I'm playing it. You just need to make it really VISIBLE. Dunk that cookie in UI juice.

The addition of sound effects is already there, not just on the to-do list, and they can still benefit you if you don't have sound! At work, if I notice my cookie clicker tab has the little speaker icon on it, I know there's a golden cookie or a reindeer active.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭
    I've never been able to get the sound to work, not that it bothers me. I know my PC sound works because I use it all the time to listen to music etc, but obviously it is not playing that particular sound file for some reason.