Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

What's the story with v.2.002 beta?

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 607Member ✭✭✭
When I started playing Cookie Clicker some time last year, the default version was v.2,0, and if I clicked on "Try the beta!" it brought up v.2.002 beta. This is normal behaviour, from what I understand about beta versions and how they are used. A new version gets released as a beta; bugs and design faults are fixed from time to time, until finally it's deemed fit to become the "Live" version and the "beta" tag is removed, after which I would expect no further changes - those should go into a new beta version, such as v.2.003.

My question therefore is: why is v.2.002 beta still there? I want to run another instance of the game side by side with the current version, and running the beta seems an easy way to do that since it saves its cache to a different place to the live one. The problem is that this particular beta version seems redundant and I worry that at some point it will simply disappear.

The alternative is to run the second game in a different browser, since I know Firefox and Seamonkey save their caches to different locations. I really don't want to be switching between browsers though; I have got used to the look and feel of the one I use.

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Posts: 396Member ✭✭✭
    I think the beta is a bit different, there were components not included in the live update. However, beta will be the next version to be updated (if there are any more coming). But if you are looking for something else, try wall destroyer. It has additional components to calculate, I think you will love it.