Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Speed Baking III

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
edited May 5 in General Discussion
(For those who don't know, this is obtained by baking one million cookies in the first 15 minutes of a Born Again run.)

Has anyone here managed to get this without cheating? After my most recent ascension I decided to have one more serious crack at it, and I have concluded that it's impossible to get without either cheating or being very lucky in getting click frenzies and other bountiful outcomes from golden cookies.

What I did was this: I did one Born Again run, using the most efficient buying strategy as given by my spreadsheet. Each time I bought something I recorded the purchase, to keep track of the sequence. Continually accessing the spreadsheet and writing down purchases of course took time, but on this run I was not concerned with finishing the run quickly, only with finding the most efficient buying sequence. I kept going until I reached 2 million cookies, which took about 48 minutes.

I then ascended again, and bought items in the sequence I had written down. Throughout the run I would click the big cookie until I had enough cookies for the next best buy, buy it, and then go back to the big cookie. At the beginning most of the time was spent manually clicking - later on the number of cookies produced at each click became negligible compared with the CpS so I gave my finger a bit of a rest.

The best I could do was one million in just under 19 minutes. I am convinced that I could not improve on this unless I got very lucky with golden cookies, or did it during Christmas season. I think I'll give up on this particular achievement.

Comments

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 448 ✭✭✭
    wre you still buying the upgrades?

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    Yes. Buildings, upgrades, whichever was the next best buy.

If anyone's interested I can supply a listing of the buying sequence I used.
  • NavyDan1NavyDan1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    It's been said that it's best to do this during Christmas season to take advantage of the cookies given by the reindeer.
  • bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 660 ✭✭✭
    NavyDan1 said:

It's been said that it's best to do this during Christmas season to take advantage of the cookies given by the reindeer.

Probably true. Next Christmas is eight months away though. I suppose I could always change the date on my PC, but... you know, that's a form of cheating, and it's only a shadow achievement anyway.

• ChocolateMachineChocolateMachine Member Posts: 102 ✭✭
    I tried it a bunch of times during Christmas and it didn't really help. I think the reindeer and Christmas biscuits speed it up a little bit, but not enough to get a million in 15 minutes. I finally got it thanks to a click frenzy. (I actually sort of forked my save and didn't end up keeping the one where I got this achievement, so I may try and go for it again later.)

You could also take advantage of the fact that the effects of golden cookies persist across an ascension. So whenever you get a click frenzy or dragonflight or elder frenzy, ascend into born again mode and click a bunch before the boost runs out. I kind of think this is a bug (http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/14739/buffs-such-as-frenzy-persist-across-an-ascension), but it's up to you whether you think using it counts as cheating or not.