Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The timing of golden cookies and reindeer

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Posts: 461Member ✭✭✭
A reindeer delivers cookies proportional to the production at the moment the reindeer is popped. Obviously then they give the best return if they are popped while production is increased via a Frenzy, or (even better) by something that increases production hugely for a short time, such as Manabloom or Rich Ore Vein or Solar Flare.

The problem is trying to synchronise them. Just now I had a situation where the reindeer seemed to disappear off the screen just at the time a Golden Cookie appeared, making it next to impossible to catch the reindeer AFTER getting the cookie. On one occasion the cookie gave Rich Ore Vein, which would have made the reindeer extremely valuable, but by that time the reindeer had vanished off the right side of the screen.

I wanted to ask whether there is any way to try and get them better in phase? I have tried delaying getting the Golden Cookies as long as possible, in the hope that this might delay the appearance of the next one and eventually get them in phase with the reindeer, but I'm not sure that that actually works. Another strategy I thought of was to switch to another season for half a minute, then back to Christmas. The cost is negligible - a few quadrillion is an infinitesimal amount when CpS is in the septillions. This resulted in the rare situation of a Valentine's Day cookie appearing on the screen at the same time as a reindeer. I think this ploy worked, but the Elder Pledge ran out before I really had time to verify.

Does anyone know if this is a valid strategy? It depends on how the timing of the reindeer works - whether they start appearing a certain time after starting the season, or are the times based on clock time irrespective of when the season actually started? Or is the timing of the first reindeer random?

Comments

• Lava_EntityLava_Entity Posts: 251Member ✭✭
    there may be a better chance of getting "frenzy reindeers" (as i've dubbed them) if you have all the golden cookie upgrades
    "you lack of logic is -- disturbing"