Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

I have some questions about the Grandmaapocalypse or whatever is called.

Stret1311Stret1311 Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hello guys. Im a newbie at this game and some time after unlocking the '' Grandma bingo facility \ research center ''. I unlocked an upgrade called '' One Mind ''. I was gonna buy it and then i realised there was a kind of warning saying '' unexpected stuff could happen ''

I asked to my friends that play this and searched a bit about it. I found out about the '' Grandmaapocalypse '' and i was gonna ask you guys some stuff about it :

1. Is it worth it ?

2. What are its benefits and consequences? I wanted to know so i could fell safer before buying it.

3. Just in case, is there how to '' cancel it '' ? Is it worth to end the grandmaapocalypse if you can so?

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    1. Yes. A hundred times yes.

2. Benefits - heaps more cookies. I mean like a factor of 6 or more. Read threads about the wrinklers.
    Consequences - you start getting "wrath cookies" instead of golden cookies. A wrath cookie sometimes gives a bad outcome, but not always, so it's still worth clicking on a wrath cookie.

3. Yes. Eventually you unlock a thing called Elder Pledge which temporarily "appeases" the grandmas. That's occasionally useful. There is also a thing pops up later that lets you end the grandmapocalypse permenantly (or until you choose to invoke it again), but I've never used it and can't think why I would.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Yes. A hundred times yes.

2. Benefits - heaps more cookies. I mean like a factor of 6 or more. Read threads about the wrinklers.
    Consequences - you start getting "wrath cookies" instead of golden cookies. A wrath cookie sometimes gives a bad outcome, but not always, so it's still worth clicking on a wrath cookie.

3. Yes. Eventually you unlock a thing called Elder Pledge which temporarily "appeases" the grandmas. That's occasionally useful. There is also a thing pops up later that lets you end the grandmapocalypse permenantly (or until you choose to invoke it again), but I've never used it and can't think why I would.

You forgot to mention that Wrath Cookies also give Elder Frenzy, the best pre-Dragon cookie effect in the game.

You forgot to mention that Wrath Cookies also give Elder Frenzy, the best pre-Dragon cookie effect in the game.

That too. I didn't want to overload the newbie with information. :)
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭
    Several ways to cancel the grandmapocolapse if need be.

1) Sell all of your grandmas NOTE: if you get one grandma after this, the grandmapocolypse will continue from where you left off

2) Getting the Elder Covenant will halt the grandmapocolypse for an indefinite amount of time. But, it will put a -5% cps on your production rate untill you may decide to revoke it.

3) Getting the Elder Pledge will halt the Grandmapocolypse for 30 minutes with no bad effects.

Hope this helps
    Current Status : deteriorating

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC

edited May 21
    All of the above is true.

However I would say that, given that having ten wrinkers increases production six-fold, and having twelve wrinklers increases it by more than eight-fold, you need to be very clear about why you want to halt the grandmapocalypse. There is only one justification, and that's the fact that you start getting golden cookies again every time a cookie spawns, instead of sometimes getting wrath cookies - and that in turn increases the frequency of a Frenzy/Lucky Cookie combination. That will more than compensate for the lost production from wrinklers, but it does require that you play actively for the duration of the Elder Pledge, making sure you get every golden cookie. If you are watching the screen intermittently or not watching at all, it's best to leave the wrinklers there and let them do their thing.
    Post edited by bob_32_116 on