Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

ONe Mind - Grandma research

elaineelaine Member Posts: 2
HI - using the research feature I was offerend "One MInd". It offers an increase in the base per grandma. Under that is some red writing I can't read. When I played before I hit something and the grandma's turned into cookie eating monsters. IS this like that? Please if anyone knows what6 this is - please tell me. Thank you, elaine
Tagged:

Comments

• elaineelaine Member Posts: 2
    I am glad this forum uses white on black or black on white. It is much easier to read than red on black.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Member, Friendly Posts: 15,453 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, boy, another one.

Grandmapocalypse is nothing to really be afraid of, as long as nothing's changed since last time I played. Popping Wrinklers that are eating the big cookie gives more cookies than their intake in CPS, so let them eat for a while, then click them 3 times to pop them. Red Cookies have a chance to give out Elder Frenzies, one of the best pre-Ascension Cookie effects in the game(once you unlock the Cookie Dragon, however, Elder Frenzies are pathetic compared to a Golden Cookie effect you get from that).

More research upgrades means further stages of the Grandmapocalypse. 1 research upgrade after One Mind should be good, but the one that comes after that is a waste unless you really want those fucking achievements, in which case, go all the way through the Grandmapocalypse, use Pledge, use Covenant, then Ascend if possible.

People generally leave it at Grandmapocalypse Pt. 1 (One Mind) + Christmas for maximum effect, supplying Elder Frenzies from red cookies and Reindeer from Christmas. Combining the two usually nets quite the profit.
  • BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Elaine, nice to meet you!

I would tell you to select the hard-to-read text in order to paste it somewhere else, but Cookie Clicker doesn't let you select text anymore. It is just a warning that the upgrade is going to make some "irreversible" changes to your game, including--like you mentioned--cookie eating monsters. Don't worry, you should definitely take that upgrade!

The "story" of the game is that your nice grandmas that bake you cookies turn into flesh creatures that kind of take over the universe. Gameplay-wise, that increases your cookies per second, and adds Wrinklers that eat your cookies. You can click the wrinklers rapidly a few times to pop them, and they will return what they ate plus more, so they are actually beneficial. I recommend getting all of the upgrades for your first time through the game, so you can get the achievements related to that. And once the Grandmapocalypse is in full swing, there will be upgrades available to end it, so you don't have to look at the grandma monsters all the time if you don't want to.

RunninginReverse's explanation is good, too, and is more in-depth. I just... wanted to respond, too... *shrug*

Hope this helps!
    -Billabo
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • Lava_EntityLava_Entity Member Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭
    WARNING

If you do that upgrade, you will start stage 1 of the Grandmapocolypse.

Look it up if u don't believe me, i've done it before
    Current Status : Normal

"What in God's name is happening dare I ask?"-me
    "Do you ever just skLat?"-QuentinPlaysMC