Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Google Chrome runs out of memory to display Cookie Clicker

squishedsquished Posts: 4Member
at least once a day I get an error saying chrome can't display CC because it ran out of memory, I'm running the most recent version 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit), anyone else having this problem or know of a way to solve it?

I have 16 gigs of ram so I'm far from short and only have 5 or 6 pages open usually...

Comments

• LefianLefian Posts: 950Member ✭✭✭
    What type of computer do you have?
    I have an Asus Chromebook, and all (or some) of my pages will crash all at once, so Chromebooks really aren't suggested for doing... anything.
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
  • squishedsquished Posts: 4Member
    I built my PC myself.. AMD FX 8350 CPU, AMD R9-390 8gig graphics card... only had CC crash like that... but I have noticed that CC and the beta uses enormous amounts of ram.. at the mo one tab is using 800 megs and the other 500...
    pretty certain there's a memory leak... right now its at 1.7gig for CC and 2gig for the beta! and it just keeps going up till it crashes...
  • kanselkansel Posts: 3Member
    I can confirm this behavior. It just started when I updated Chrome to 57. I leave CC on all the time and it's crashed at least 6 times on me in the last few days, the first crash was within hours of restarting under Chrome 57. It has never crashed with this specific error (out of memory) before Chrome 57. I've sent a crash report to Google for whatever that's worth. My system is similar: 16GB ram, modern CPU, Win 10, Chrome 57.0.2987.133 (64-bit). FWIW, CC is the only tab I've seen crash like this since Chrome 57.

I've had a little luck turning all of the fancy stuff off, but it does still crash from time to time.
    I have another CC running on a Chromebook and have never had any problems with it, other than it's pretty slow. The last time I used it the Chromebook was still on 56 so we'll see if/when it goes to 57 what happens to the Cookie Clicker tab.
    kansel... I used the report an issue button in the help menu to report it... I noticed it started after 57 got installed too... cheers for the reply thought I was the only one
    I got an update to Chrome 58.0.3029.81 and CC hasn't crashed since then. Maybe Google fixed whatever broke.