Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Would you consider Legacy an idle game?

DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Member, Wiener Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
If not, what genre would it fit in?

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Member, Friendly Posts: 15,093 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An idle game.

• Jarr2003Jarr2003 Member Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's more of an idle managing game, I think. While a large part of the game is waiting, like most idle games, it also puts a lot of focus on managing your civilization, such as picking the right jobs for individual workers or deciding whether the unhappiness generated by child labor is worth the extra workers. It, in it's current state, is kinda like if you were to take simcity, combine it with cookie clicker, and add in the "building a civilization" concept on top. It might become a bit of a strategy game in the future as well, depending on how in depth things like other tribes end up being.
    "its like every 5 AS you require 10x more souls." -uiomancant
    My Pokefarm Q Account
    Dashnet Plays NationStates: Play now! Please...
  • SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 119 ✭✭
    I don't consider it as an idle game. I don't spend time "idling" and let the game do what it is supposed to do, I spend my time rearranging workers and buildings, and the small moments when I could be waiting to have more research points, I just go faster.

To me, it is more like a small (small for now) strategy game like sim city, caesar or civilization, where things evolve by themselves, but you have to manage things at the same time.

Now let's see how it evolves...
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Member Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭
    Idle
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx
  • Kirby711Kirby711 Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Civilization game.
  • geekahedrongeekahedron Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
    I would consider this an incremental game, although it's not an idle game or a clicker game, all of which are generally treated as synonyms. Another fitting category is probably real-time strategy.
  • QuentinPlaysMCQuentinPlaysMC Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    I never spent much time idling on it personally, actually I once did an experiment by leaving them all alone for awhile (after i had built the ascension thing, but before ascending) and while my civilisation was ALIVE, it was absolute chaos. (~10K overall population, 2K clothes and entirely not enough food)
    So I'd say no, it's not an idle game, it needs much more micromanagement than idlers.
    Anyways back to writing The tree portal.