Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Syntax to choose between printing two elements or one

racetrackracetrack Posts: 2Member
Hey. Probably a simple question, but how should I be going about making my generator either return two elements or one in a certain place?

For example, I want to print either [event1] AND [character] or just [event2]. Tried writing it as [[event1] [character]|[event2]] as a guess but I'm obviously missing something. Thanks!

Comments

• racetrackracetrack Posts: 2Member
    Whoops. The obviously missing something was human error here, fixed it. Can't figure out how to delete/close this so I'll ask my other question now: Is there a way to change the 50/50 split between which element is chosen? I have fewer scenarios in my second list - they are only in a separate list so that I can add apostrophes to character names and avoid awkward phrasing - and right now those few scenarios are returning just as often as any of the many others get a chance to, which is problematic. Again, thanks!
  • The_Cookie_MonsterThe_Cookie_Monster Posts: 196Member ✭✭

I'm not sure I know exactly what the problem is, is it something to do with elements coming up too often/being too common in a "$" sort of list? Because if it is, can't it be fixed by adding {number%} to the end of an element? Also, if it is a problem with having a certain element in a [[example1]|[example2]] sort of list, the way I usually fix that is just by having more or less of one of the element, like:
    [[example1]|[example1]|[example1]|[example2]]
    ((this would have a 75% chance to return an element from the [example1] list, compared to only a 25% chance with the [example2] list))
    {Still, I'm sorry that I am not really sure what the problem is, but I hope I've helped! ^-^}
    racetrack said:

Again, thanks!

Um, you're welcome! ; ]

I AM YODA
    all my friends in the whole entire world: @The_Cookie_Monster, @The_Cookie_Monster, @Drago_Meh, @Maniklas, @McJagger, Gibbs, Abby. I am r a i n b o w ! ! plz click them!>>>
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!