Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Scouting and wandering

SekhmetSekhmet Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
At the beginning of the game, we can have wanderers. But honestly, they are useless until you unlock sedentism (unless they have another use that adding land spots?). On the other hand, scouting is very, very useful in early game, especially if your tile has few resources. But it takes looong to unlock (I still don't know which technologies unlock it... it seems to go with language but...?).

If you're on a tile with few interesting resources at the beginning, then how do you simply survive until you can explore and get resources from a nearby tile?

Therefore I have a suggestion that can have different versions:
- having scouts unlocked at the beginning (available with no tool, or juste a simple one), and wanderers can be unlocked later,
- having (unlocked at the beginning) a special sort of wanderer that can explore new territories. They could be limited in the distance from the "main" camp for instance (the further they are, the less efficient they can be?) Scouts (unlocked later) would be more efficient, and loose their way with less probability (maybe they could need a weapon or other upkeep material).

And by the way, since we are talking about wandering and exploring, what is exploring seas for? Since it does not give land spots, what is it supposed to give, apart from the satisfaction "I've explored my seas"?.

Comments

• CookieGuyClickerCookieGuyClicker Member Posts: 23 ✭✭
    I think exploring the seas are for finding islands and other land on the other side of the sea.
    I am CookieGuyClicker!
    I am known on youtube as Packerfan Gamer!
    Check out my games!
    -Diep.io Shooter
  • RendharRendhar Member Posts: 20
    I think you're right. Human civilization started being nomad, so they must move from one territory to another, even before they use advanced language