Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The 'Legacy COOL Mod'. Now with 1000% more graves!

CookieGuyClickerCookieGuyClicker Posts: 23Member ✭✭
edited April 15 in General Discussion
I am making a mod for legacy called, The Legacy COOL Mod. This mod introduces a bunch of new things to legacy, right now only have Mass Graves, Berries, Juice, and Wheat Bread. I am coding this everyday, so check in for new updates! You can try it out here:https://rawgit.com/Packerfan-Gamer/LegacyCOOLMod/master/LegacyCOOLmod1.js

I have added bread!! Your people cannot eat the grain or flour, but they can eat the bread! Firekeepers bake the flour into bread (I know not very realistic, but close enough). artisans grind wheat and barley into flour.

(issues that caused link to not work has been sorted out)
I am CookieGuyClicker!
I am known on youtube as Packerfan Gamer!
Check out my games!
-Diep.io Shooter
Post edited by CookieGuyClicker on

Comments

• CalamityCalamity Posts: 15,083Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should make some new units?

• SekhmetSekhmet Posts: 87Member ✭✭
    My game froze and I can't seem to be able to start a new game... :/ It happened when I started making berry juice, but that may be unrelated. I had no other choice that wiping save (just restarting didn't work) and loading an old one.

Any ideas on that?

I run Firefox 52.0.2 on Linux Mint.
    edited April 13
    Since I'm testing this mode: it is strange that mass graves are not automatically replaced...
    I can understand that mass graves would decay over time, and the land should become "fresh" land, but in this case the corpses don't disappear... weird. ;)

Also, wheat does not count as food. Is that intended?
    Post edited by Sekhmet on
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,415Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The_Cookie_MonsterThe_Cookie_Monster Posts: 232Member ✭✭
    Cool! [I like it]
    I AM YODA
    all my friends in the whole entire world: @The_Cookie_Monster, @Drago_Meh, @Maniklas, @McJagger, @Lefian.
    I am r a i n b o w ! !
    "RIP being able to show off cool dragons easily." ~Lefian
    meh
    RIP being able to show off cool dragons easily.
  • CookieGuyClickerCookieGuyClicker Posts: 23Member ✭✭
    edited April 13
    Sekhmet said:

My game froze and I can't seem to be able to start a new game... :/ It happened when I started making berry juice, but that may be unrelated. I had no other choice that wiping save (just restarting didn't work) and loading an old one.

Any ideas on that?

I run Firefox 52.0.2 on Linux Mint.

huh. I have only tried my mod on windows 10. Didn't see any crashes. It might of been from the game itself, but i'm not sure. (EDIT: Just tried to make juice from berries on a save, and It froze. but all I had to do was refresh it to fix it.)

Is @Bread an upgrade?

And yes. Bread will be an update. And wheat does not count as food, because you will have to process it (Either make it into flour and bake it to make bread or make beer with it. I will be working on that update in the next few hours after I post this comment)
    I am CookieGuyClicker!
    Check out my games!
    -Diep.io Shooter

huh. I have only tried my mod on windows 10. Didn't see any crashes. It might of been from the game itself, but i'm not sure. (EDIT: Just tried to make juice from berries on a save, and It froze. but all I had to do was refresh it to fix it.)

I did try to refresh. It looked fine, until I noticed that nothing was moving anymore (no production, like fixed time). I could still go in the menus but... Did you really obtain berry juice?
    The images should be transparent.

Calamity said:

The images should be transparent.

What images?
    I am CookieGuyClicker!
    Check out my games!
    -Diep.io Shooter
    The custom images you made.

They are. this is the current spritesheet: http://i.imgur.com/pYwTikq.png
    I am CookieGuyClicker!
    Check out my games!
    -Diep.io Shooter
    This new mod works! Yay! :) A few things:

- Is that me or grinding flour and making break takes a loooong time (compared to, for instance, cooking meat?)
    - There should be a special building "mill" (using 1 worker).
    - For making bread, a building "oven" would be cool. Especially since there could be new things to be baked in this over later on (fruit pies! cakes! meat pies! pizzas! :þ).
    - I don't know what the "churches" are supposed to do. Raising spirituality, it seems, but a little info tip in the description would help :)
    - I had to fire my undertaker, this stupid person still wanted to dig graves instead of mass graves. Could you teach him to be less stupid? :}
    - Is there any difference between berry juice and fruit juice? If not, why not having a single item "fruit juice" that come from berries and fruits? And an artisan could make juices from any of these resources.

I'm saying a lot of things, but that's because your mod is cool and very promising, and I really like it! :)
    Sekhmet said:

I'm saying a lot of things, but that's because your mod is cool and very promising, and I really like it! :)

Thanks! And I am numbering your post...
    Sekhmet said:

This new mod works! Yay! :) A few things:

1- Is that me or grinding flour and making break takes a loooong time (compared to, for instance, cooking meat?)
    2- There should be a special building "mill" (using 1 worker).
    3- For making bread, a building "oven" would be cool. Especially since there could be new things to be baked in this over later on (fruit pies! cakes! meat pies! pizzas! :þ).
    4- I don't know what the "churches" are supposed to do. Raising spirituality, it seems, but a little info tip in the description would help :)
    5- I had to fire my undertaker, this stupid person still wanted to dig graves instead of mass graves. Could you teach him to be less stupid? :}
    6- Is there any difference between berry juice and fruit juice? If not, why not having a single item "fruit juice" that come from berries and fruits? And an artisan could make juices from any of these resources.

Thats better.

1- I have noticed that too. I will see if I could tweak the code to make it take less time

2- k. will add mills

3- ovens? sure. and I like the idea of pies and cakes!

4- I just put churches in. they don't do much now, but I have plans for them.

5- You want me to build a school? :P Ok fine. I will have one to build mass graves.

6- There is no difference. I will change it to only have "Juice".

Thanks for everything. It helps me with the development of this mod!
    I am CookieGuyClicker!
    Check out my games!
    -Diep.io Shooter
  • lhunedhellhunedhel Posts: 1Member
    @CookieGuyClicker can i use a part of your mod and try to improve it with some alcohol stuff?
    or can i help you to improve yours with some of my ideas?