Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

The First Annual Dashnet Forums Hunger Games

¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,565Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
So, this is a thing I'm doing.

This is going to be a big fucking thing, eventually, but for now, not many people are active - so, rather than run a full, 24-competitor game, I'm gonna look for just 6 for now. We can get 6, right?

...Right?

Uh, anyway, this is pretty much exactly what it says on the tin. The Hunger Games, as a forum game, in Dashnet. As the title implies, this WILL be an annual event, starting in April every year...At least, as long as I remember it.

RULES/GAME EXPLANATION:

Each participant will receive a PM between just me(the Game Master) and them(the Tribute) for their events. This is not for OOC chatting, and should only be used to play the game. The one exception is if you want to talk about something that reveals your position, in which case, please keep it to yourself. Please do not add others, participants or otherwise, to your PM, nor should you transfer information about your location to others through PMs. I don't want people going and searching for you to get you out of the game fast. You shouldn't want that either. If you really want to die that badly, I'll just kill you off with environmental hazards, instantaneously and with no fanfare. ^.^

No supernatural/inhuman Tributes of any variety. This includes, but is not limited to monsters, magicians, aliens, robots, metahumans, and divine figures such as angels and demons. ((This may change in future games, but for now this is a concrete rule.))

After each 12-hour period IC, I will broadcast the events occurring in that period across the game, and in the OOC thread. This news will be heard IC, but I will be careful not to divulge information about your location.

There will be 2 Mid-tier weapons and 3 Low-tier weapons in the center of the area, where you start. High-tier weapons will be cargo drops later into the Games. YOU CANNOT BRING YOUR OWN WEAPONRY INTO THE GAMES!

Don't think that players will be your only risky encounter here. The wilderness will prove to be just as major a threat as the other Tributes.

I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DICTATES THE RESULT OF ACTIONS! The only exception would be if the result is painfully obvious. Running into the barrier will kill you, for example. I also dictate cargo drops, which will occur every now and then in the Games. You have to be near a cargo drop to go over there and attempt to claim it.

After 2 in-game days(48 hours IC), the center will be refilled with weapons and supplies in what is referred to as the Feast. After 3 in-game days(72 hours), the barrier will start closing in, "encouraging" Tributes to head to the center of the map for the Deathmatch. The Deathmatch is the Games' "grand finale," and will not end until there is one Tribute left standing. After the end of the Games, the last surviving Tribute will be declared the Champion.

The Champion will gain recognition as the winner of the Hunger Games(no other prizes - I've got nothing to give), and will be able to coach another player the following year if they choose; however, they will not if they're already competing. After the Games end, I will copy/paste all events here to allow the public to view what the fuck the Tributes were doing. After that, the thread will be open for approximately one week to discuss the Games, and then I'll PM a moderator to have the thread closed. A new thread will later be opened, next year.

No godmode. Just...No godmode. You won't even been given a proper death if you dodge everything flawlessly, land every hit, etc. You'll just be told "get out." You will later be announced as "erased from existence" during the broadcast once the 12-hour period is over.

Finally, if the first Games get out of hand, I may not do it again. If everyone is insistent on breaking rules, going against what I say, etc. then I might even end the games early. In the event that I have to end the games early, that's a definite red flag for me to not try this again. Continue to get out of hand in the OOC thread and I'll have a moderator promptly burn and delete the thread.

Discuss.
Current status: Could be much better, really.
"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
Creator of DASHNETTALE
* Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.

Comments

• McJaggerMcJagger Posts: 1,220Member ✭✭✭
    (eeh, i would, im not into the hungar games, and putting that much work into an RP... sorry!)
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,576Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye I'm in.

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,565Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭

Ye I'm in.

We have our first Tribute, folks! 5 more and we can hop into the Games!
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • BrainstormBrainstorm Posts: 9,309Member ✭✭✭✭
    Count me in.
    "Calm your caps, bro." -Brainstorm

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    Dashnet RPG Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/6301gzzx

Count me in.

Awesome! 4 more people needed.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    I have joined the hunger games because my little sister was chosen, and i wanted to go instead of her and...

Damn, too traditional..

the following link is the best thing that could happen to you: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussions/tagged/brainstormgame

Currently managing a large-based forum game.. DashNet RPG! Play it now: http://forum.dashnet.org/discussion/15882/dashnet-rpg-dashnets-greatest-forum-game-of-all-time
    If we don't get enough people by the 20th, I'm going to fill in the remaining spots with NPCs.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    REMINDER! We need 4 more people for the Games! 4 more people and then we can start the Games! You've only got until the 20th, folks!

If we don't get 1 more person by the 20th, the Games probably won't happen due to lack of interest.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Sorry for bumping this so much, but I want people.

For the same reason, I'm going to mention some of our active Playground members. ((I know that being mentioned is annoying, but I'm desperate AF)

@Maniklas @Lefian @Calamity
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • LefianLefian Posts: 1,748Member ✭✭✭
    I suppose that I could join, since there is no use in... not. Er, joining.
    "You're all forgetting the skit on his show that implies that conservative Christians should be raped out of their heterosexuality."~NotDLK
    RIP being able to show off cool dragons easily.
  • DoomlordKravokaDoomlordKravoka Posts: 3,415Member, Wiener ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will either be humiliating or badass. Let's see which.
    edited April 16
    Lefian said:

I suppose that I could join, since there is no use in... not. Er, joining.

Alright, we're at least at the point where I'm not gonna cancel the Games.

EDIT: And, DoomlordKravoka is here. Nice. 2 more people and we'll have everything we need for the start on the 20th!
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • RockheartRockheart Posts: 315Member ✭✭✭
    There is a (customizable) Hunger Games simulator that already exists. I mean, look at it.
    Rockheart said:

There is a (customizable) Hunger Games simulator that already exists. I mean, look at it.

I know, but this is an RP thing, not using the simulator. The simulator isn't too exciting to me, plus there's not even enough active users to use it, as far as I can tell.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • LefianLefian Posts: 1,748Member ✭✭✭
    Plus, the simulator isn't exactly a community thing, like this is kinda supposed to be.
    Not much description, either. Nor talking.
    "You're all forgetting the skit on his show that implies that conservative Christians should be raped out of their heterosexuality."~NotDLK
    RIP being able to show off cool dragons easily.
    On another note, we got 4 people here already. Waiting on 2 more.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
  • ManiklasManiklas Posts: 1,664Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 19
    I'm in
    Is god a cookie, or is the cookie a god?
    The world may never know
    "You have now, officially broken the game,"-Maniklas
    "Okay, ANYWAY, yes, I am a magician,"-RunninginReverse
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
    Okay, Maniklas pretty much fills in DoomlordKravoka's spot in the Games.

THIS IS THE LAST DAY FOR ENTRIES, PEOPLE! On April 20th, the entries will be closed and the full list of Tributes will be published, both player and NPC.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    edited April 20
    Hurry up, fed up with waiting
    The world may never know
    """"My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot" - RunningInReverse" - Purge" - Agubhagu
    Maniklas said:

Hurry up, fed up with waiting

I was asleep when you posted this.

Alright, time to send out PMs!

Welcome, to the First Annual Dashnet Forums Hunger Games!

May the odds be ever in your favor!
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    I didnt get it yet, I refuse this 2 minute late post

I didnt get it yet, I refuse this 2 minute late post

I got a spam filter after I sent Maniklas' PM for some God-forsaken reason. I also, uh, forgot to prepare what I was gonna send before I sent it.

Please be patient.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    Are we gonna post actions here or in PM's?
    The world may never know
    Maniklas said:

Are we gonna post actions here or in PM's?

In the PMs(pretty sure I said it in the block of rules somewhere). The thread here was a recruiting thing, and will now be used for Games discussion and updates for each IC day.
    Creator of DASHNETTALE