Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Custom icons don't display in tooltips

geekahedrongeekahedron Posts: 25Member ✭✭
I made a post earlier on the help forum to see if anyone could diagnose the issue, but I have not been able to create a custom icon sheet which will properly render in tooltips. The custom images show up normally elsewhere in the program, but display as weird text instead of the actual small icon when displayed in a tooltip:

It would be helpful to know exactly how to create an image that the program can parse correctly, since I cannot discern any differences, but more useful to probably fix the code to consistently pull the custom icons everywhere in the program.

Comments

• geekahedrongeekahedron Posts: 25Member ✭✭
    Since no one seems to know what the problem is, I figured it out for myself. The problem wasn't anything to do with the image file, but rather a problem with the tooltip parsing that clobbers any external image links.

Basically, the genius decision to use "//" as markup for a new paragraph has some inconvenient consequences if the tooltip also includes links to an image file that starts with, say, "http://" (ie anything but the two icon sheets hosted on the game server).

I've included a bugfix in my modpack, but a more permanent fix to the base game should be simple enough if anyone cares to implement it.