Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Auto save options

bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
I know this has been discussed before, but I really really think there should be an option to automatically save every 60 seconds to file instead of to cache. The reason for having a backup in the first place is that you never know when the browser is going to hang or crash. Depending on the reason for the crash, it may be necessary to locate the backup and transfer it to another PC or another system - and that won't necessarily work if moving between browsers, as each browser seems to have its own place where it keeps its cache files, and said files are not clearly labelled.

Apparently there are "issues" with certain browsers regarding save-to-file, but I don't see why this should prevent those of us with no such issues from having the option.

What i would like:
- Include an option to set Autosave so that it saves to a specified disk file instead of, ar in addition to, cache.
- If CC cannot save to the file, for whatever reason, it should save to cache instead and display a warning message.