Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Ascending cookies turned into Heavenly Chips?

DatreborDatrebor Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
I have 10.321 quintillion cookies and when I ascended I only got the number of legacy points and none of the cookies. Is it talking about the baked cookies or what? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• bob_32_116bob_32_116 Member Posts: 637 ✭✭✭
    Well, for a start, what cookies are you talking about? The 10.321 quintillion cookies - is that how many you have in the bank, the total number baked this ascension, or the total number baked all time?

You don't "get" cookies when you ascend. You lose any cookies you had in the bank, but (obviously) they still count towards cookies baked all time. Hence after ascension you won't see any immediate change in the figure of "Cookies baked all time". those cookies are not "turned into heavenly chips", at least in the way you mean. The number of prestige points you have at any given time is determined by a formula and is proportional to the cube root of total cookies baked all time. The number you see next to the word "Legacy" is the number of new prestige points you have obtained on this current run. On ascension the number of heavenly chips you have is equal to the total prestige points obtained, minus however many heavenly chips you have spent earlier on heavenly upgrades.

The purpose of ascending is to get the prestige points, which make production faster on subsequent runs. And, obviously, to get heavenly upgrades when you can.

Does that answer your question?
  • DatreborDatrebor Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Yes thank you. I'm just wondering why does it say when you ascend that all your cookies will be converted into prestige and heavenly chips? That's why I ascended with so many cookies in the bank.
    Datrebor said:

Yes thank you. I'm just wondering why does it say when you ascend that all your cookies will be converted into prestige and heavenly chips? That's why I ascended with so many cookies in the bank.

I suppose that is slightly misleading. Your cookies are "converted" into heavenly chips in the sense that the more cookies you have baked, the more prestige points (heavenly chips) you will have. It's not directly proportional; as I said, it's proportional to the cube root.

It's irrelevant whether those cookies are in the bank or have been traded for buildings or upgrades. All that matters is that at some point in time they were baked. Perhaps you sold a ton of buildings to boost your cookies in the bank, thinking that you would thereby get more heavenly chips, but it does not work like that. Those cookies that were used to buy the buildings have already been made, they cannot be made again, so trading buildings for cookies won't make any difference to your heavenly chips.

• adam_antichristadam_antichrist Member Posts: 418 ✭✭✭
    edited April 6

Perhaps you sold a ton of buildings to boost your cookies in the bank, thinking that you would thereby get more heavenly chips, but it does not work like that. Those cookies that were used to buy the buildings have already been made, they cannot be made again, so trading buildings for cookies won't make any difference to your heavenly chips.

Yeah, it does work like that. That's what the Earth Shatterer dragon aura and Chocolate eggs are for, they bump up your prestige before ascending. So even though you already got prestige for the cookies you spent on buildings, you get more for selling them.

Sorry I didn't say that I was thinking only about the ones I baked not for selling any of my buildings. Although it sounds like a good idea to sell my buildings right before I ascend.
    edited April 7
    Datrebor said:

Sorry I didn't say that I was thinking only about the ones I baked not for selling any of my buildings. Although it sounds like a good idea to sell my buildings right before I ascend.

Why do you say that? I can't help thinking you have not actually understood my responses above.

For the most part, selling all your buildings before you ascend will give you no advantage. Nor will it do any harm.

Selling can be good strategy on certain occasions if it frees up cookies to get certain valuable upgrades before you ascend, and you are then able (with sufficient heavenly chips) to install those in permanent upgrade slots. Examples are prism upgrades, Kitten Experts, etc. Occasionally you might also do it to get an achievement, eg. if you are just a few steps away from having 300 antimatter condensers you might sell everything else and buy the 300th AC to get that achievement before you ascend.

I repeat - the number of cookies in the bank at the time you ascend makes no difference.

• BillaboBillabo Member, Friendly, Conversationalist Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8

Perhaps you sold a ton of buildings to boost your cookies in the bank, thinking that you would thereby get more heavenly chips, but it does not work like that. Those cookies that were used to buy the buildings have already been made, they cannot be made again, so trading buildings for cookies won't make any difference to your heavenly chips.

Yeah, it does work like that. That's what the Earth Shatterer dragon aura and Chocolate eggs are for, they bump up your prestige before ascending. So even though you already got prestige for the cookies you spent on buildings, you get more for selling them.
    The reason Chocolate Egg helps with prestige is because it adds those cookies to the cookies baked all time, not because it adds cookies to your bank. Earth Shatterer actually does not help with prestige; it just lets you keep more of your previously spent cookies to buy something else.

Ah, about Earth Shatterer, I see why you mentioned it now. It helps specifically when used right before selling all buildings and then buying the choco egg, because then the egg will grant more baked cookies.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
    Thank you for your help.
    In my above post I said "the number of cookies in the bank at the time you ascend makes no difference." Since then I have realised that it does make a difference, in the sense that if you have Choc egg unlocked, and you cash in Choc Egg before ascending, the bonus from that is proportional to the number of cookies in the bank.

I don't think this changes my answer to your original question, which was about the relation between cookies and prestige points. Prestige points come from cookies baked all time, whether those cookies have been used to buy stuff or are still sitting in the bank.