Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Reload game, new theme

SavvyPlayerSavvyPlayer Posts: 3Member
I've been running bakery continuously for about 5 days, with production at roughly 500bn CPS. Occasionally over the past few days I would reload the page, no problem. Today however after reloading, the app appears to have a different theme (based on the US dollar), and the names and icons for each of the generators is different. For example, before reloading, I had Clickers, Grandmas and Prisms (etc.), after reloading these are now Rolling Pins, Ovens and Corporate Countries. The descriptions still talk about Clickers, Grandmas, etc., my CPS is the same, and I am still in full Grandmapocalypse (which is strange as my Grandmas have been replaced by Ovens)...

For the sake of argument, I just tried loading CookieClicker in another browser and the US dollar theme is there too.

Is there some kind of upgrade going on today?

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,873Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the April Fools joke for Cookie Clicker. Happens every year.
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.
  • SavvyPlayerSavvyPlayer Posts: 3Member
    Lol, a bit early for the western hemisphere but ok.
  • SavvyPlayerSavvyPlayer Posts: 3Member
    Oh I see, it was the 'Business Day' event. Didn't realize until reloading today and getting the message that the 'Business Day Event is over'. Didn't seem to have any effect on the game aside from changing the UI.
  • ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,873Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3
    Actually, it also adds a low chance of the "Everything Must Go" golden cookie effect, where prices for buildings are lowered.
    Current status: Could be much better, really.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Creator of DASHNETTALE
    * Seeing this AU based on the community fills you with DETERMINATION.