Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

How to increase population

EarhearEarhear Posts: 4Member
I feel like i must be doing something wrong... I can't seem to actually increase population. 15 years in a row my births and deaths are equal. How do I increase birth rates?

Comments

• ¤RunninginReverse¤¤RunninginReverse¤ Posts: 14,941Member, Friendly ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to get houses built. When you have less housing space than your population, birth rates are decreased.

Though, if you keep having birth or death rates equal, some people must be dying, which is a problem if there's no graves.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
  • EarhearEarhear Posts: 4Member
    Guess that was my second question. How do I actually build things? I have tons of materials to build archaic buildings but can't find the button to build.

Currently have corpses slowly growing from people dying of old age yes.
    Move a Gatherer to being a Dreamer, and have them research, get Digging, then there's another upgrade I forget the name of(Sedentism, maybe?) that'll allow you to build basic houses.
    "My game will be playable on all Samsung Microwaves with firmware update 5.3.2 and up." - Audiot
    "tfw he won't listen to a 40 year old man rap about vegetables and then he tells me this" - Goldra
    Thanks! Guess game is lot of waiting for insight for now then.
    No prob, Earhear.

I'm gonna note that you should always have at least 1 Dreamer working, unless you are running out of food - if you have no Dreamers, you won't ever get any advances to help your civilization along.
    Yeah I currently have 5 dreamers. just a long process to build up the insight. digging finally showed up as a research option, that was the biggest issue.
  • POUQIEPOUQIE Posts: 18Member ✭✭
    edited March 29
    in early game the ~15 pop cap can last quite a bit until you can achieve decent happyness/health. Most important to buff those are :
    housing, fire, clothing, healers and graves, food.

at start you gotta fulfil the fooding needs without overkill, and put the rest of workers unto dreamers. You can switch on elder workforce (milk them until they die) and child workforce (not sure about this one but early I think it's better)
    Don't put points in wanderers because early you don't have use for land

Once you have a decent food production, switch the fooding policy to "plentiful" to further feed your pop.

Then purchase research as they come, focusing on the one I listed above when possible

Just don't forget to monitor your ressources so you don't "overproduce" too much (a nice buffer is confortable tho) as it means that you are wasting workers that could be assigned to dreamers instead. Until you purchased every research, the goal of the game is to maximise insight production
    Don't build too much resources that are of no use for now. For example, tools and weapons do not need mass production : ten of each is enough for most part of the game, then build more if needed