Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Idle elders

cakeTraycakeTray Posts: 67Member ✭✭
It would be nice if non-worker elders would do eventually something, like tell stories to generate culture/insight.

As it is, I don't see much of a downside to making them work.
Dessert Heretic

Comments

• SalamandaveSalamandave Posts: 5Member
    That's an interesting idea, jobs like Storyteller or Soothsayer could be exclusive to elders, or at least be more effective than adults.
  • snakeerectsnakeerect Posts: 6Member
    Agreed, they're kinda just more mouths to feed, so I just set them to work, lol. Dunno if it even brings any penalty other than them dying early(and freeing food/water/housing/etc).
  • cakeTraycakeTray Posts: 67Member ✭✭
    It implies that elder workers cause accidents (like mine collapses) more often, although who knows if that is implemented yet.
    Dessert Heretic
  • The_Cookie_MonsterThe_Cookie_Monster Posts: 196Member ✭✭
    edited March 28
    I feel there should be some sort of research that allows you to unlock some elder-specific things, like the previously suggested Soothsayer and Storyteller, but only unlock with a certain Elders:Population ratio and high enough happiness and food levels. Then again, we wouldn't want the elders having too much of a backstory, otherwise Orteil would end up implementing a NeverEnding Legacy version of the Grandmapocalypse, but featuring rioting storytellers (or something like that).

I AM YODA
    all my friends in the whole entire world: @The_Cookie_Monster, @The_Cookie_Monster, @Drago_Meh, @Maniklas, @McJagger, Gibbs, Abby. I am r a i n b o w ! ! plz click them!>>>
    Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today! Adopt one today!
  • BillaboBillabo Posts: 1,044Member, Friendly, Conversationalist ✭✭✭✭
    A nice Elder to bake more cookies.
    Fire Emblem: Fates castle address
    08619-69569
    56318-03154
  • E_ZE_Z Posts: 14Member
    I know nothing about the coding behind these games. Sitting here I wonder if the game tracks individual worker units or if that is even necessary for what I visualize when I try to see where this fine game is going in its development. No matter, I am here only to suggest my ideas not create a game.
    Here are my “Elder” ideas...
    • Culture trait? 1 free Story Teller for every x Elders (after Oral Tradition? Not available if Elders were ever asked to work in the past?)
    • Culture trait? Educated workers – improve Worker performance of any Child by x%/day/Elder (improves with research)
    • Research? Tech. to make Elder-only-2x-Storytellers (or whatever multiplier works)
    • Research? Tech. to do the same with some other “non-physical” job like Dreamers
    • Increase efficiency of Elders working “physical” jobs (due to shared experience) along with the accidents, injuries and deaths of Workers working with Elders to balance. If the increase, along with the balancing accident rate were severe enough, it could make for some disastrously powerful game play.