Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Better decay/income feedback

Alice_MikucupAlice_Mikucup Member Posts: 2
It'd be a lot more helpful if we could tell exactly what we're getting and using from where. For example:

This would be a lot more helpful if I could tell how much is coming from corpses and how much is coming from disease since I've only got 47 corpses. ("Only" because I have a population of 87,000 so 47 isn't a huge amount. In fact I'm burying as many per tick as I'm gaining so I can't keep it lower.)

Land in particular would be very helpful, specifically in regards to graves since the numbers reported are confusing to understand.

This makes sense, I have 1400 graves and 1300 of them are full.

But then I come over here and have a radically different number. 11,951 total graves with 11,950 being active. But according to my land usage it's this latter number that appears to be correct since I've got 100% of every tile on the map explored (24.7k land) with 10,000 of that being housing and the rest of my 22,500 used land (except maybe 100 or so land in total) is graves.

In addition to that it'd be really helpful to have a per-tick reading on what you get from a specific building and what it uses for its current mode. Currently it's incredibly unclear on how much you're getting of something per tick. For example: weaving leather clothes.

Alright, so this appears to use 2 leather per tick per worker assigned to it.

According to this description it sounds like I would need two workers on this for every one I have weaving leather into clothing. However this doesn't seem to be the case at all. I've currently got a thousand workers making leather and 250 turning it into clothing and I seem to be breaking roughly even. Though with the fact that not everything works on an exact per-tick basis my leather stocks seem to fluctuate very wildly from the 6,000 mark clear up to ~10,400 or so.

And this one is only tangentially related in that it's likewise a feedback problem: Ice says it can be used to preserve food. But is this an active effect not yet implemented or is it a passive one?

Comments

• KTMKTM Member Posts: 7
    The ice is implemented; I noticed it in an early game on a hard map where ice was available before I had any sort of food storage. The interface showed the same number of stored food as available ice. (But because ice availability was small -- 10s of blocks of ice), as soon as other food storage became available, the influence of ice doesn't really show up any more.
  • Alice_MikucupAlice_Mikucup Member Posts: 2
    KTM said:

The ice is implemented; I noticed it in an early game on a hard map where ice was available before I had any sort of food storage. The interface showed the same number of stored food as available ice. (But because ice availability was small -- 10s of blocks of ice), as soon as other food storage became available, the influence of ice doesn't really show up any more.

Thanks, that's actually really helpful to know. I'm on a new game I just started in an ice desert but haven't gotten quite far enough to get ice (or fish and meat even) and never got ice early enough for it to make a dent in my pre-existing storage.