Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

Traits spading (spoilers)

cakeTraycakeTray Posts: 67Member ✭✭
edited March 27 in General Discussion
So, what traits have people managed to unlock, and how do you think you got them?

So far, I have:
Ground stone tools (bonus to crafting) - 500 knapped tools
Ritual Necrophagy (unburied corpses turn into edible meat. O.O ) - don't know, enough people died?
Fear of death (unburied corpses cause double unhappiness) - don't know, enough people died?
Joy of eating (eat more food but gain more happiness) - Plentiful food rations for enough years
Artistic thinking (culture gain bonus) - don't know
Insect eating (eating bugs no longer causes unhappiness) - Insects as food policy for enough years
Scavenging (idle workers gather some resources) - don't know, enough time with idle workers?
Rules of food (unlocks food policies) - enough time passed in game

Edit: just got "belief in the afterlife" (half unhappiness from corpses) I think from having 75 soothsayers. Still have "fear of death" so... not sure what net result is. Default unhappiness from corpses?

Edit edit: and now "belief in revenants" (double unhappiness from corpses) so really confused about net fear from corpses.
Dessert Heretic

Comments

• cakeTraycakeTray Posts: 67Member ✭✭
    Worth noting - I got all four corpse-related traits without once having an unburied corpse.
    Dessert Heretic
  • SalamandaveSalamandave Posts: 5Member
    I once got Ritual Necrophagy, and I don't know how as well... I'm letting my people starve with corpses around (Ritualism developed), but doesn't seem to help.
    I'd like to get it again for the endgame, it should help getting rid of thousands of corpses that I can't bury due to reaching land limit :/
    My starting elder recovered from illness and became an adult, so I learned gravedigging before anyone died. As I said, I got the four corpse traits while never having any unburied corpses. The category didn't show up on demographics until year 47 when I turned on elder workforce and had two people die in a single day.

I also never had anyone starve or even eat rotten food so it's not that.

There is a lot of RNG for some of the traits.
    Dessert Heretic
  • SalamandaveSalamandave Posts: 5Member
    Hmmm, I'll ascend and try that! I'll report back if I find out anything!
    Well, they nerfed insight generation, so it will be a lot harder to research burial before anyone dies.
    Dessert Heretic
    Just got "ground stone tools" with only 130 knapped tools and no one even crafting at the time, so much for that theory.
    Dessert Heretic
  • snakeerectsnakeerect Posts: 6Member
    >My starting elder recovered from illness and became an adult

wat
  • UiomancantUiomancant Posts: 9,302Member, Cool, Flagger ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27
    I was getting multiple of the same trait, maybe the time-based ones don't reset?
    imagehttp://i.imgur.com/kqk4zSB.png" alt="" />

>My starting elder recovered from illness and became an adult

wat

Yeah, it's a known bug. the "sick/wounded" category doesn't track who became sick/wounded, so when people recover from illness or wounds they always become adults.

I was getting multiple of the same trait, maybe the time-based ones don't reset?

Sounds like a bug, you should report it.
    Dessert Heretic
  • Kirby711Kirby711 Posts: 13Member ✭✭
    It appears that Ritual Necrophagy is obtained by leaving corpses unburied. I don't know if it's the quantity of corpses or the time that they are left unburied.
  • geekahedrongeekahedron Posts: 25Member ✭✭
    The only requirements for ritual necrophagy (looking at the source code) are Tribalism (which you start with) and Ritualism researched (and 5 culture). It just has a really low chance of occurring compared to the other traits in the game, on average 500 years to appear.