Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please read the forum rules before posting.

Check if you are posting in the correct category.

The Off Topic section is not meant for discussing Cookie Clicker.

[BUG] Legacy: Click to remove NaN

deimosimpactdeimosimpact Member Posts: 5
I have somehow ended up with NaN of pretty much everything. It was lumber at first, then when I bought other things, they gained NaN until it was NaN all the way down.

Here is my save:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9HImHk4v9thUnlUQ09ZaTZvOW8

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Member Posts: 7
    Hi.
    Created an account to report the same problem.
    It seems to have started with lumber as well, tho I'm not 100% sure. My NaN ressources are : Lumber, Basic Building Material, Cut Stone, Log, Brick. Workers, Land and Barns are also NaN.
    (I'm sad, I was finally starting to get a great civilisation ;_;)
  • creidiekicreidieki Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Dear whoever is debugging this (I think Orteil),
    I looked at this briefly. My best guess is that it's a division by zero somewhere. You may be thinking, it can't be a division by zero, because that would give you infinity, not NaN. But that's the thing: in the decay code, if you have infinity of a resource, then an infinite amount of it decays, causing you to have (inf - inf) = NaN of it.
  • OrteilOrteil Administrator, Game Dev Posts: 121 Admin
    my only guess for this is buildings like the barn that requires basic building materials, and then a sub-resource from basic building materials; i patched this yesterday by removing the lumber requirement and adding some safe-guards against it.
  • CorvusCorvus Member Posts: 7
    Started a new game, didn't see this bug again.
    Might be fixed !